• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

MVP

Banned
Knowledge and facts are two things you've been bankrupt on since you decided to basically treat your Heat team like some kind of immortal gods instead of looking objectively at their flaws. I suggest you listen to your own words and realize the truth.

It is your naivety that is truly adorable.

They're not immortal, but the Pacers aren't the ones to dethrone them. What will this be, the 3rd time they get bounced out of the playoffs by the Heat? Time to let this Pacers bandwagon die, yeah they pushed the Heat to game 7, but they got worse this year. They shouldn't have gotten rid of Granger, and they are a mentally weak team. I don't know why they get a pass on this.

Once the Heat/Spurs matchup is finally set, then we can start talking some real basketball, right now there's nothing to really debate with these scrubs, it's all some he said/ she said bullshit. Will they show up next game, is Hibbert back to being soft as hell, are they affected by some social media rumors, I mean seriously.

even if lebron goes for 40+ points they can still be beat, lol Nets had to go scoreless in the last 4 minutes to lose, heat could have lost that 49 point game

Doc is right, you can let lebron go off but keep everyone else in check

salt from the past but that ECF game 6 when lebron put the heat on his back, Celtics only made 1 three pointer, if they hit 6 or at least 1-2 per quarter that game would have been closer

Emwitus

You casual NBA fans are so adorable...there should be a separate NBA thread for people who make predictions based on facts and knowledge of the game, not on feelings/emotions and what the other sports fan on their Twitter feed is saying.
This is like TMZ ragging on fox for sensationalist reporting

Sanjuro

If there is a basketball God, Celtics get the first pick. Still better about the Tim Duncan rigging.

In this case though, there is nobody relevant enough to snag with that pick. Baby victories.

If there is a basketball God, Celtics get the first pick. Still better about the Tim Duncan rigging.

In this case though, there is nobody relevant enough to snag with that pick. Baby victories.

My guess is that Bucks will get first.. Just like what happened to Pellies, someone buys the team (benson), Stern gives them #1 for the troubles.

even if lebron goes for 40+ points they can still be beat, lol Nets had to go scoreless in the last 4 minutes to lose, heat could have lost that 49 point game

Doc is right, you can let lebron go off but keep everyone else in check

salt from the past but that ECF game 6 when lebron put the heat on his back, Celtics only made 1 three pointer, if they hit 6 or at least 1-2 per quarter that game would have been closer

Thats a game you can play forever. Look at Miami's 3 pt percentage last game. It was garbage. If they played to their playoff average they could've taken that game.

Jag

I still think the Heat wins, but I wouldn't call the Pacers scrubs. They have some phenomenally talented and athletic players on their team. I would say Vogel is the weakest link. Not that he's a bad coach, but he needs to better mold egos into a consistent team unit. That's also why the Granger trade hurt more than it would seem on paper.

It's a pretty obvious stat when you think about it, but I was still shocked when I read it in Simmons' column today: Since 1985 when the Lottery started, only 2 number 1 picks have won titles with the teams that drafted them, and they were both Spurs.

It's a pretty obvious stat when you think about it, but I was still shocked when I read it in Simmons' column today: Since 1985 when the Lottery started, only 2 number 1 picks have won titles with the teams that drafted them, and they were both Spurs.
Heaven help the NBA should the Spurs ever need to tank again.

howarddealwithit.gif

I haven't forgotten this classic.

You casual NBA fans are so adorable...there should be a separate NBA thread for people who make predictions based on facts and knowledge of the game, not on feelings/emotions and what the other sports fan on their Twitter feed is saying.

I haven't seen you make a single prediction based on fact yet. Some of your "facts" include LeBron being better than Jordan (nope), this year's Heat team being the best ever (nope), a guarantee that LeBron will stay with the Heat no matter what (nope), and a bunch of other jibberish that I can't remember right now.

There's a reason you're rocking that silly avatar right now. It's that your "facts" are anything but.

Emwitus

I haven't forgotten this classic.

I haven't seen you make a single prediction based on fact yet. Some of your "facts" include LeBron being better than Jordan (nope), this year's Heat team being the best ever (nope), a guarantee that LeBron will stay with the Heat no matter what (nope), and a bunch of other jibberish that I can't remember right now.

There's a reason you're rocking that silly avatar right now. It's that your "facts" are anything but.
Ouch

Sanjuro

Yup. That is why I'm poo poo on the draft system, while people are championing Ainge for his trades. He sacrificed profitable mediocrity for uncertainty.

Into

The chances of Pacers having a 80pts game tonight compared to a 100pts game are equal, they are one of the most inconsistent "top" teams in a long time.

The Heat cannot possibly play worse than they did, they might not get the same level of production from Wade as G1, but overall somebody out of the Ray, Chalmers, Battier, Bosh will have to step up.

I just do not see them giving up 2-0 to Indiana in the conf final, a team that is as inconsistent as they get.

Jonm1010

Banned
My guess is that Bucks will get first.. Just like what happened to Pellies, someone buys the team (benson), Stern gives them #1 for the troubles.
Here's my playbook for tonight!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/20/2014-nba-lottery-is-100-percent-fixed/

It's even got your back haha!

Milwaukee Bucks

Odds of winning the lottery: 100 percent

Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry just bought the Bucks, and they were determined to complete the sale before the lottery. Suspicious timing. Obviously, the NBA offered the No. 1 pick to grease the wheels. There’s no other explanation why a team Forbes valued at $405 million sold for $550 million. Milwaukee is worth that – only with a No. 1 pick thrown in.

DJwest

Ether.

zychi

Banned
If the lakers get it, it confirms to me that the nba is fixed liked wwe.

If the Knicks get knocked out of the lottery completely and that weird Orlando thing happens, I will never slight silver again.

Bowser

If the Knicks get knocked out of the lottery completely and that weird Orlando thing happens, I will never slight silver again.

? The Knicks won't have a pick period.

Cloudy

Banned
What team has won a title recently with a traditional big as their best player? The key to being good is a dominant PG or swingman

What team has won a title recently with a traditional big as their best player? The key to being good is a dominant PG or swingman

My only worry is that they will try and trade the pick for Love. I don't know that there is a franchise, Lebron type star in this draft but if they can land an Exum or Gordon or someone like that to use a as building block and then just wait Love out until Free Agency, that would be the best bet.

It's impossible for the Lakers to get the 4th pick. They only pull for the top 3 picks and then the rest of the order is done by their records. They could get top 3 though.

Right. Either top 3 or number 6 or later, right? Not sure about some of those later prospects though. I'm scared to death of ending up with fucking Mitch McGary or something. We need a monster athlete, preferably a backcourt/perimiter player.

Bowser

Really hope the Pistons pick slips to 9 so the Hornets can pick up a good SG to go with the Kemba/MKG/Big Al trio. Gary Harris is who I'd be targeting with that pick.

If something has a 6 percent chance of happening and it happens then that doesn't really confirm anything. Don't get me wrong I'm very suspicious but it's not crazy for it to happen.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
predicting:

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Lakers
4. Orlando
5. Celtics
6. Jazz
7. Kings
8. Pistons
9. Pelicans
10. Cavs
11. Nuggets
12. lolKnicks
13. Wolves
14. Suns

Whether these scenarios can actually happen, dunno.

predicting:

1. Bucks
2. Sixers
3. Lakers
4. Orlando
5. Celtics
6. Jazz
7. Kings
8. Pistons
9. Pelicans
10. Cavs
11. Nuggets
12. lolKnicks
13. Wolves
14. Suns

Whether these scenarios can actually happen, dunno.
It can't. The most a team can drop is 3 spots because they only pull for the top 3 spots.

Cloudy

Banned
Was anyone listening to LeBatard on ESPN this afternoon. LOL @ that last segment (about how all the Heat haters will be out in force if they lose). My face hurts from laughing. Best sports show BY FAR

Thats a game you can play forever. Look at Miami's 3 pt percentage last game. It was garbage. If they played to their playoff average they could've taken that game.

thats true, can be said about anything, i still am mad :p

yeah, #1 is a lock for the Bucks and the rest is up for grabs

why didn't the kings get a top pick when they were sold, *puts tin foil hat on*

Pimpwerx

Stolen from a radio texter, but we're gonna beat the brakes off these Pacecars, like JayZ in an elevator. Let's Go HEAT! PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Was anyone listening to LeBatard on ESPN this afternoon. LOL @ that last segment (about how all the Heat haters will be out in force if they lose). My face hurts from laughing. Best sports show BY FAR
Glad they went national. It's such a great show. I missed the last segment, but I'll catch it on podcast. PEACE.

Velcro Fly

How many of Knicks/Celtics/Lakers end up in the top 3. NBA has to be salivating that the blue bloods are all in the lottery for this amazing draft class.

Top Bottom