• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Spurs had a 10 game win streak on Dallas, and they pushed them to 7.

Blazers had a winning record against the Spurs for the past couple of years, and they almost got swept.

Playoffs are a different game.

BoDNN45IQAADHK8.png

Tim Duncan's GF

How you know?

I disagree with chuck Okc would get annihilated worse if they go big. Imagine the offense with a line up of 2 okc big guys and ynb kd and scotties sg of choice.

Adams/nick, thabs, kd, some sg and ynb is probably be their best luneup vs spurs. It wont win the series, but it can give spurs a tougher fight. Either way okc is doomed. Spurs just has that system okc dont have right/cant stop right now.

I don't know why people keep giving Barkley shit for his comments. There are a lot of big women in San Antonio and Texas in general that's just how it is over there. It's all that BBQ and texmex food.

Fjordson

I disagree with chuck Okc would get annihilated worse if they go big. Imagine the offense with a line up of 2 okc big guys and ynb kd and scotties sg of choice.

Adams/nick, thabs, kd, some sg and ynb is probably be their best luneup vs spurs. It wont win the series, but it can give spurs a tougher fight. Either way okc is doomed. Spurs just has that system okc dont have right/cant stop right now.
Coach Nick talked about this, said their lineup of Adams and Collison with Reggie Jackson, Westbrook and Durant is actually a really good lineup for them: http://youtu.be/p45kxXR5a6M

It does seem weird, though. Not sure if it would work against the Spurs, but probably worth a shot.

Fjordson

Haha, that's sort of refreshing for me. I think Kawhi Leonard is the same way. I remember Wade saying last year in the finals that he's never heard Kawhi say a single word.

There is an essential place for chestiness and talking shit in sports obviously, but I sort of like quiet dudes who just go about their business.

Don't know if this was posted.. Ricky Rubio had some words for his teammate ( at least for now.. Kevin Love)

He’s a special player, the numbers he puts up are incredible, but we need a different leader. He’s our leader in points and other things, but vocally he’s not the type of player that wants to be, or that can be the leader. There are different types of leaders. It didn’t have to be him. It could have been Kevin Martin, who has a bit more experience, or I could take a step forward and be the definitive leader.

Haha, that's sort of refreshing for me. I think Kawhi Leonard is the same way. I remember Wade saying last year in the finals that he's never heard Kawhi say a single word.

There is an essential place for chestiness and talking shit in sports obviously, but I sort of like quiet dudes who just go about their business.

No, I don't mean trash talking or anything to that effect. I mean showing emotion. Duncan's combination or durability, consistency, and stoic demeanor all but confirms he's a cyborg.

Leonard, on the other hand, is a boss. If his progression holds, he's a couple of seasons away from being top ten in the league. Dude can ball.

Checked NBA CAG and saw this http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...assistant-gm-stu-lash-leave-memphis-grizzlies .. Unbelievable.

edit: Read the comments and apparently Grizz fans prefer Chris wallace and he's coming back. So might not be that bad news after all for Grizz.

Coach Nick talked about this, said their lineup of Adams and Collison with Reggie Jackson, Westbrook and Durant is actually a really good lineup for them: http://youtu.be/p45kxXR5a6M

It does seem weird, though. Not sure if it would work against the Spurs, but probably worth a shot.

Great vid as always. Would love to see scottie try that (i think he will, hes got no choice), but its something that can only be done in the 4th quarter as okc bench needs reggie badly. and boy is perk a thunder for 3 seasons too long or what.

Shun

No, I don't mean trash talking or anything to that effect. I mean showing emotion. Duncan's combination or durability, consistency, and stoic demeanor all but confirms he's a cyborg.

Leonard, on the other hand, is a boss. If his progression holds, he's a couple of seasons away from being top ten in the league. Dude can ball.

Tim Duncan's expressions on the bench are hilarious. If anything Kawhi Leonard is more so of a cyborg, except for the occasions where he makes a huge basket or a hard/flashy shot.

Fjordson

Great vid as always. Would love to see scottie try that (i think he will, hes got no choice), but its something that can only be done in the 4th quarter as okc bench needs reggie badly. and boy is perk a thunder for 3 seasons too long or what.
That's true, forgot Reggie is technically off the bench.

And Perkins :lol so worthless.

Jonm1010

Banned

file_170891_10_tim-duncan-drinks-bad-gatorade-o.gif

file_170891_9_tim-duncan-sean-elliot-o.gif

When the only shit you can talk about a player is he is boring in interviews, you have already lost.

When you keep trying to interject yourself into every conversation I'm a part of, and create your own fictional version of said conversation (who is talking shit about Duncan here, or do you not know the meaning of the word "good"?), you have already lost.

Back before the ban hammer crushed down on NBA GAF, your brand of asinine bullying tactics might hold some water around these parts. Now you come across as a try hard with no audience. I'm sure your ceaseless, juvenile antagonism makes you the life of every party you attend.

Keep the weak troll train rolling. It's a hard streak to maintain, but I'm sure you'll manage. You can't seem to catch the hint that I'm not interested in your advances nor will I date you. I thought I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't interested in carrying on a pointless conversation with you. I'm more than happy to make you the first and only member to ever hit my ignore list.

That's true, forgot Reggie is technically off the bench.

And Perkins :lol so worthless.

Perkins is a solid low post defender, but that's literally all he brings to the game. The most entertaining part of his game is watching him "run" down the court like he has rocks in his shoes.

I'm surprised he hasn't been amnestied, but I've been saying that for two seasons now. It doesn't look like they want to part with him, for better or for worse.

i feel sad that nba-age is a shell of its former self. in other news, remember when that one ref (was it joey whatever) had a vendetta against tim duncan and gave him 2 technicals for laughing about something on the bench? he wasn't even in the game! i'm not sure how you can let a ref like that stay in the league but then again it is the nba

i feel sad that nba-age is a shell of its former self. in other news, remember when that one ref (was it joey whatever) had a vendetta against tim duncan and gave him 2 technicals for laughing about something on the bench? he wasn't even in the game! i'm not sure how you can let a ref like that stay in the league but then again it is the nba

Joey Crawford must die.
ibeCauc6N4ruei.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
When you keep trying to interject yourself into every conversation I'm a part of, and create your own fictional version of said conversation (who is talking shit about Duncan here, or do you not know the meaning of the word "good"?), you have already lost.

Back before the ban hammer crushed down on NBA GAF, your brand of asinine bullying tactics might hold some water around these parts. Now you come across as a try hard with no audience. I'm sure your ceaseless, juvenile antagonism makes you the life of every party you attend.

Keep the weak troll train rolling. It's a hard streak to maintain, but I'm sure you'll manage. You can't seem to catch the hint that I'm not interested in your advances nor will I date you. I thought I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't interested in carrying on a pointless conversation with you. I'm more than happy to make you the first and only member to ever hit my ignore list.

Respect is earned and I have no respect for posters that make unfounded arguments to me(Rondo is YNB on steroids: doesn't distribute, is a ballhog etc.) Talk down to me when I try and engage in civilized conversation about the topic - that you started by the way when you jumped into my conversation(calling my responses awful, acting rude and disrespectful and then refusing to provide any evidence other then veiled insults and conjecture after I made a good faith attempt to engage you) and then you run away from the conversation when I and multiple people call you out and prove you wrong with facts to back up our arguments.

Only to turn around and put words into my mouth(claiming That bullshit about FT's you refuse to qualify that I said, then waiting a few days and trying to pile onto me with the same line of bullshit I already confronted you about).

If you can't take the consequences of things you say on a message board - I.E. Being called out on bullshit - don't pursue the conversation to begin with.

The only one shitting up this board is you with your asinine arguments, demeaning approach to others who don't share your viewpoints and continual insistence on making shit up and projecting it onto people.

EDIT: And apparently like to run away from the shit you stir and hide behind the ignore feature.

lol i hadn't seen this classic in a year. that was probably the greatest call in the history of organized sports

It's a lot less vibrant, but I'd add interfering with Durant's free throw attempt and running over to yell at the score keeper to the mix.

This message is hidden because Jonm1010 is on your ignore list.

LOL. Dude is literally arguing with himself at this point. Gotta protect that e-reputation. /sogood.gif

Tom Penny

Even though the Celtics will get screwed like they always do in the draft this is amusing...

Bill Simmons‏@BillSimmons·
If KG retires (likely) and PP leaves (likely), then the Nets gave up 3 unprotected firsts + a 2017 pick swap for 5 playoff wins. #ouch

charsace

Do Spurs fans finally admit that Deron is a fat, team killing bastard and that he got Sloan fired before he cried his way off the team?

giri what happened to your site?

Bowser

Hornets Return presser: http://www.nba.com/live1/

They're playing Return of the Mack right now

June 5: Return of Hugo
June 19: Uniform reveal
June 26: Court reveal

Charlotte gets all pre-New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans history (1988-2002) along with Bobcats history (2004-2014)

You casual NBA fans are so adorable...there should be a separate NBA thread for people who make predictions based on facts and knowledge of the game, not on feelings/emotions and what the other sports fan on their Twitter feed is saying.

Not casual at all. I watch nba from the start in the fall. I feel Pacers can win,it's not guaranteed but nothing is.

You casual NBA fans are so adorable...there should be a separate NBA thread for people who make predictions based on facts and knowledge of the game, not on feelings/emotions and what the other sports fan on their Twitter feed is saying.

Knowledge and facts are two things you've been bankrupt on since you decided to basically treat your Heat team like some kind of immortal gods instead of looking objectively at their flaws. I suggest you listen to your own words and realize the truth.

It is your naivety that is truly adorable.

Top Bottom