• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

TuXx

Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers.

The NBA Trifecta right there.

Just as bad as Heat and Clippers fans...

You never see this shit in Oracle Arena or the AT&T Center...

I can't blame them. I hate seeing the Heat win. I would've done the same thing

I respect the hell out of the Spurs, but I cannot root for them. I'd rather see Lebron and the Heat win another ring any day over Duncan getting number 5.

Swear that looked like Lance tried a last second flop.

untitled-146oq19.gif

I think I'm going to be sick.

For Laker fans the Spurs of the last 10-15 years are basically the equiavalent of the 80s Celtics. They have been the closest thing to a year in/year out nemesis because the East sucked so bad. I would never root for the Celtics and I would never root for the Spurs. Not sure what's so weird about that.

trixx

Naw Spurs are a model franchise. Playoffs every year, team built around an excellent coach, solid players who age well, etc.

Thats exactly why i hate them, they are the poster franchise as you said lol. Honestly though they are fantastic, the way they build the team is incredible. Best team fundamentally.

TuXx

You sound real childish and I'm not a heat fan.

How am I being childish if I'm just being honest? I hate the Heat and I don't like to see them win. Calling someone else childish because they said something you don't like seems more childish to me

Fjordson

For Laker fans the Spurs of the last 10-15 years are basically the equiavalent of the 80s Celtics. They have been the closest thing to a year in/year out nemesis because the East sucked so bad. I would never root for the Celtics and I would never root for the Spurs. Not sure what's so weird about that.
Guess I can see that from a Laker fan point of view. Not sure I could do it, though. Not for the Heat.

But I am a Warriors fan. We haven't been good enough to have any serious rivals in decades :lol

neptunes

How am I being childish if I'm just being honest? I hate the Heat and I don't like to see them win. Calling someone else childish because they said something you don't like seems more childish to me
You insinuated that everyone hates the heat, and Indiana is more likable?

You didn't even explain why you hate them.

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual for the Lakers. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Shun

Thats exactly why i hate them, they are the poster franchise as you said lol. Honestly though they are fantastic, the way they build the team is incredible. Best team fundamentally.

Yet they never get acknowledged as a model team in favor of NBA Poster Boys like Chris Paul, Lebron James, Kevin Durant, etc.

It's amazing the number of times people count out this team as if they act like all their past accomplishments and current team lineup doesn't mean shit.

Really though, seeing fans leave a stadium before the game is over is sickening.

What NBA teams left actually have loyal fanbases that stick through games other than like a select 3?

Golden State Warriors and Oracle Arena are examples of loyal fanbases. Even when they sucked they continue to sell out seats each season.

effzee

LOL RIGHT? Why wouldn't sportscenter not ride Lebron? Best player in the league who after having a terrible game, came up big in the 4th to help his team tie the series.

LOL

Man people get banned but this thread never changes. Check any time and if the Heat are on especially, its just so much crying and complaining about the refs.

Great game though. I'm rooting for the Heat as usual in the postseason because LOL Sixers and its fun to see everyone up in arms about Heat winning.

Keep crying.

2014 Draft Selection Order

Selection No. Team
1 Cleveland Cavaliers
2 Milwaukee Bucks
3 Philadelphia 76ers
4 Orlando Magic
5 Utah Jazz
6 Boston Celtics
7 Los Angeles Lakers
8 Sacramento Kings
9 Charlotte Hornets
10 Philadelphia 76ers
11 Denver Nuggets
12 Orlando Magic
13 Minnesota Timberwolves
14 Phoenix Suns
15 Atlanta Hawks
16 Chicago Bulls (From Charlotte)
17 Boston Celtics (From Brooklyn)
18 Phoenix Suns (From Washington)
19 Chicago Bulls
20 Toronto Raptors
21 Oklahoma City Thunder (From Dallas via Houston and L.A. Lakers)
22 Memphis Grizzlies
23 Utah Jazz (From Golden State)
24 Charlotte Hornets (From Portland)
25 Houston Rockets
26 Miami Heat
27 Phoenix Suns (From Indiana)
28 Los Angeles Clippers
29 Oklahoma City Thunder
30 San Antonio Spurs

Second Round

Selection No. Team
31 Milwaukee Bucks
32 Philadelphia 76ers
33 Cleveland Cavaliers (From Orlando)
34 Dallas Mavericks (From Boston)
35 Utah Jazz
36 Milwaukee Bucks (From L.A. Lakers via Minnesota and Phoenix)
37 Toronto Raptors (From Sacramento)
38 Detroit Pistons
39 Philadelphia 76ers (From Cleveland)
40 Minnesota Timberwolves (From New Orleans)
41 Denver Nuggets
42 Houston Rockets (From N.Y. Knicks)
43 Atlanta Hawks
44 Minnesota Timberwolves
45 Charlotte Hornets
46 Washington Wizards
47 Philadelphia 76ers (From Brooklyn via Dallas and Boston)
48 Milwaukee Bucks (From Toronto via Phoenix)
49 Chicago Bulls
50 Phoenix Suns
51 Dallas Mavericks
52 Philadelphia 76ers (From Memphis via Cleveland)
53 Minnesota Timberwolves (From Golden State)
54 Philadelphia 76ers (From Houston via Milwaukee)
55 Miami Heat
56 Denver Nuggets (From Portland)
57 Indiana Pacers
58 San Antonio Spurs (From L.A. Clippers via New Orleans)
59 Toronto Raptors (From Oklahoma City via N.Y. Knicks)
60 San Antonio Spurs

Note: Brooklyn Nets have no picks in a deep draft.

TuXx

I just don't like the Heat, the same way you don't like certain teams is the same way how I feel about other teams and do really think people hate Indy more than the Heat? Really?

effzee

And I guess Pacers fans suck too since so much was made of Heat fans leaving early in a game where it looked like it was over.

Mass exodus as JVG or Breen put it.

So you mean to tell me that you pay +$150 for a ECF game ticket and you leave early when your team is losing so you can beat traffic?? That's stupid for ANY fanbase.

Top Bottom