• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

TuXx

I honestly can't see how Indy is the most hated team in the league. I admit they've been the most frustrating team to watch, but the only reason they're frustrating is because everyone wants to see them perform at a high level to compete with Miami

MVP

Banned
Will never understand how the Pacers are unlikeable.

Because the world gave them a "blue collar" reputation when really they're just a bunch of divas with a very frail psyche. Probably the most sensitive and mentally unstable team in the league. They also get way more attention than they deserve, they haven't won shit. They also proclaim themselves the "MVP" and the "DPOY" like two weeks into the season, and then play like neither the rest of the way.

Their claim to fame is giving the Heat a bit of trouble in the playoffs, because they have some tall ass awkward dude hogging the paint. Yeah no shit you get blocks and can outrebound us, you're like 8 feet tall, you green giant.

EDIT: I don't like David West, but not for any of the reasons in this post. He's out of place on this Pacers team, he's really the only thing holding them together.

Because the world gave them a "blue collar" reputation when really they're just a bunch of divas with a very frail psyche. Probably the most sensitive and mentally unstable team in the league. They also get way more attention than they deserve, they haven't won shit. They also proclaim themselves the "MVP" and the "DPOY" like two weeks into the season, and then play like neither the rest of the way.

Their claim to fame is giving the Heat a bit of trouble in the playoffs, because they have some tall ass awkward dude hogging the paint. Yeah no shit you get blocks and can outrebound us, you're like 8 feet tall, you green giant.

Heat were not mentally stable till about 2 yrs in too. Remember vs Dallas? You only hate them since they provide a challenge.

Will never understand how the Pacers are unlikeable.

West is a goon, Scola is a bona fide bitch ass flopper, Lance should be in jail, Hibbert has the maturity of a five year old, and Paul George is overated when in fact he's just a good player. Plus, they play the worst type of basketball you can think of, and Larry Bird is about as arrogant as a hall of famer can be.

There's nothing to like about then, if you're just a regular fan with no strings attached like i am these days.

MVP

Banned
Heat were not mentally stable till about 2 yrs in too. Remember vs Dallas? You only hate them since they provide a challenge.

No because I don't hate the Spurs, a team that's basically everything the Pacers wish they were and get credit for. The Spurs give the Heat a challenge because they're a machine, a good team, from the coach down to the players, not because they have some 8 foot dude in the middle. They also don't talk smack and act like divas. Hopefully the Pacers slowly lose this bullshit reputation they somehow earned.

EDIT: And they weren't mentally unstable those first couple years either, they just weren't fully in sync. I mean they reached the Finals their first year together, the Pacers with all this hoopla didn't reach the Finals until...oh wait.

fertygo

I care only to the bball aspect, I rooting Heat to lose because they doing the shittiest way possible at building team.. fucking bobcats also have chance building great team, if three superstar making collusion to get there lt to get easiest way possible to the title.

Three team aside them at this CF are the exact opposite if that, their office work their ass off and making smart move to make great team, that's thing that the fan should applaud for the good work. League will look hella nice when Miami big 3 broke up.

Cloudy

Banned
Those 2 wide open 3s at the end of the 3rd were huge. All that work and no cushion entering the 4th. How could they fall for it twice in a row and again in the 4th?

Also, how is Wade allowed to get layups all night?

Pimpwerx

I care only to the bball aspect, I rooting Heat to lose because they doing the shittiest way possible at building team.. fucking bobcats also have chance building great team, if three superstar making collusion like that to get easiest way possible to the title.

Three team aside them at this CF are the exact opposite if that, their office work their ass off and making smart move to make great team, that's thing that the fan should applaud for the good work. League will look hella nice when Miami big 3 broke up.
Collusion, huh? LOL! C'mon son. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Those 2 wide open 3s at the end of the 3rd were huge. All that work and no cushion entering the 4th. How could they fall for it twice in a row and again in the 4th?

Also, how is Wade allowed to get layups all night?
Because Pacers were containing Bron. I said it earlier in the game. They did a better job on him than San Antonio last year. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
Because Pacers were containing Bron. I said it earlier in the game. They did a better job on him than San Antonio last year. PEACE.

Spurs will make them hit jumpers. I do not think Miami has the 3pt shooting to stay with SA this year

MVP

Banned
I care only to the bball aspect, I rooting Heat to lose because they doing the shittiest way possible at building team.. fucking bobcats also have chance building great team, if three superstar making collusion to get there lt to get easiest way possible to the title.

Yeah you're right, Lebron should've done it the way Magic Johnson did it, without any other superstar...oh wait...I mean like Michael Jordan, who did without a hall of fame coach and a hall of fame sidekick...oh wait, ok ok I got it, he should've withered away on a shitty team like Garnett did and not join a big 3, oh wait...ok ok, he should let his talent wither away on a shitty team like Kevin Love does without whining, oh wait...point is, that argument is getting tired.

I'll wait while you go get your Google on and bring up some obscure team from the 80s or the Pistons who won it all without a bonafide superstar. I'll wait for your 2 or 3 examples in the history of the league to win it all without 2 or 3 all-time greats.

effzee

Why should the fans care how a great team is built? Why is it ok for GMs to pull off moves or even former GMs of other teams to get sweetheart deals but lord forbid players decide where to go on their own. Riley pulled the strings behind the scene so there was still some work done by FO personnel.

Besides even if they never hit FA, tons of superstars dictate where they want to go by letting their teams know they won't be returning. Melo with the Nuggets. Love currently with the Wolves. Kobe refused to play for the he was drafted by. Shaq and Dwight left Orlando. Chris Paul when he let NO know he was out?

You think just because Lebron and Bosh did it through FA, they are the only players to join forces to build a superstar squad? Or that if the Heat break up the big three, there won't be anymore teams with 2-3 superstars?

Hell if anything I always find it fascinating that each three took less money than what was possible for them, and guys like Wade and Bosh significantly sacrificed their games in order to win rings.

These unwritten rules about how things are supposed to be done are stupid. I am a Sixers fan and am excited about what they are doing and about the possibility of a starting 4 with 4 lottery picks but I'd much rather superstar FAs find it an attractive place to come and join forces.
I can't stand Indian but only because they are not my team (that would be the Sixers) and because they are boring to watch. I'd much rather see a Miami v OKC or Miami v SA finals.

He got that incoming 5k covered

o7VgrOn.png

Yeah you're right, Lebron should've done it the way Magic Johnson did it, without any other superstar...oh wait...I mean like Michael Jordan, who did without a hall of fame coach and a hall of fame sidekick...oh wait, ok ok I got it, he should've withered away on a shitty team like Garnett did and not join a big 3, oh wait...ok ok, he should let his talent wither away on a shitty team like Kevin Love does without whining, oh wait...point is, that argument is getting tired.

I'll wait while you go get your Google on and bring up some obscure team from the 80s or the Pistons who won it all without a bonafide superstar. I'll wait for your 2 or 3 examples in the history of the league to win it all without 2 or 3 all-time greats.

I've never seen a guy so butthurt and bitchy after his team actually won a game.

effzee

I've never seen a guy so butthurt and bitchy after his team actually won a game.

Aren't you the one always crying and complaining about the Heat?

Anyway as for the actual game its shocking how bad Miami started off.

No defensive energy, poor rotations, Lebron caught looking 2-3 times, terrible body language, and then just no effort on offense or defense overall.

I mean you lose game 1 and you come still walking around lackadaisical like going down 0-2 doesn't seal the series. Pacers played like shit in the 4th which allowed Miami to come back, but they need to play a lot better.

Don't get their defensive strategy either. Doubling on each pick and roll works only if guys aren't being lazy on their rotations, either wise you are better off just guarding one on one and hoping guys like Hill, PG, and Lance don't beat your man 1 on 1. Play after play in the first it was double on a pick roll which left West either open for a short jumper (which is automatic for him) or great ball rotation to find an open 3 point shooter or Hibbert for a lay up. Two games in a row where the Heat looked clueless on D.

Battier, Cole, and Anderson need to play more. Bosh what happened? He was having a great season and playoffs up until now. He really needs to find his touch.

fertygo

I'll wait while you go get your Google on and bring up some obscure team from the 80s or the Pistons who won it all without a bonafide superstar. I'll wait for your 2 or 3 examples in the history of the league to win it all without 2 or 3 greats.

I don't give a fuck if Lebron leave from shithole that's cleveland to the better team, but taking big paycut with two other Superstar for building super team, LMAO.. Any team on out there would wish any of better player that they had leaving a little salary cap as possible if they can, but you don't seeing that thing often.. let alone three player that should got paid at full-max range making their way through with compensating with the system, forcing thing that shouldn't happen.

Cloudy

Banned
Don't get their defensive strategy either. Doubling on each pick and roll works only if guys aren't being lazy on their rotations,

It actually makes perfect sense for a poor ballhandling team like the Pacers. Hill is not strong with the ball at all and Vogel knows this. So late in games, he has PG and Lance running the offense. Way too deliberate and it left them scrambling for shots late in the clock when they didn't turn it over. Watson needs to play more

Vestal

I don't give a fuck if Lebron leave from shithole that's cleveland to the better team, but taking big paycut with two other Superstar for building super team, LMAO.. Any team on out there would wish any of better player that they had leaving a little salary cap as possible if they can, but you don't seeing that thing often.. let alone three player that should got paid at full-max range making their way through with compensating with the system, forcing thing that shouldn't happen.

Wait, so you are saying that max players should take max and fuck the team? Find a better argument, cause the paycut one is absolutely HORRIBLE.

every single FO would kill for players to do that kind of thing, because Winning > money.

fertygo

Wait, so you are saying that max players should take max and fuck the team? Find a better argument, cause the paycut one is absolutely HORRIBLE.

every single FO would kill for players to do that kind of thing, because Winning > money.

That shit's absolutely the point,

I would kill for my max player taking payvut, let alone 3!?
No fucking wonder you got three-peating team.

Pimpwerx

That shit's absolutely the point,

I would kill for my max player taking payvut, let alone 3!?
No fucking wonder you got three-peating team.
So you're just jealous then? It's okay to be, but call it what it is. I hated the Jordan Bulls because I was jealous too. I was a kid though. PEACE.

neptunes

League stopped CP3 to Lakers for...reasons

what if that had gone through?

Emwitus

No because I don't hate the Spurs, a team that's basically everything the Pacers wish they were and get credit for. The Spurs give the Heat a challenge because they're a machine, a good team, from the coach down to the players, not because they have some 8 foot dude in the middle. They also don't talk smack and act like divas. Hopefully the Pacers slowly lose this bullshit reputation they somehow earned.

EDIT: And they weren't mentally unstable those first couple years either, they just weren't fully in sync. I mean they reached the Finals their first year together, the Pacers with all this hoopla didn't reach the Finals until...oh wait.
Where's that bosh gif when u need it?

The thing Heat fans don't understand is that they think it's all jealousy or some other bullshit. Look at it objectively for once. Why would anyone want to see the same team in the finals for 4 fucking years? What joy does that bring anyone but supporters of that team?

In any other sport I get to see new teams, new faces, new stories. I get variety and interesting outcomes. With the state of the NBA right now it's lame. You guys just don't get that the Heat are the present embodiment of everything that's wrong with watching the NBA.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The thing Heat fans don't understand is that they think it's all jealousy or some other bullshit. Look at it objectively for once. Why would anyone want to see the same team in the finals for 4 fucking years? What joy does that bring anyone but supporters of that team?

In any other sport I get to see new teams, new faces, new stories. I get variety and interesting outcomes. With the state of the NBA right now it's lame. You guys just don't get that the Heat are the present embodiment of everything that's wrong with watching the NBA.
Because in 20 years it will be more special to look back at this period as opposed to different teams winning every year. Greatness is historic.

OT updated. Nothing new, just lance floppin.
Lance is probably not going to be a pacer next season. Idk the pacers cap numbers but I'll be surprised if they can keep him long term. Some team might be willing to pay him $10mil++ a year. I doubt pacers can match that.

do we have an NBA offseason thread?

I was hype about my Cavs getting that #1 pick again.

Anyway, was a good game tonight. Hard to imagine either of these teams winning the 'ship this year, though.

Because in 20 years it will be more special to look back at this period as opposed to different teams winning every year. Greatness is historic.

In 20 years there will be another team with 3 all-stars winning multiple championships. There's nothing new about what the Heat are doing they are just the continuation of a league with zero balance.

As opposed to the Lakers winning chips every decade?

bandwagon heat fans like jigolo come now when its safe lol.

WTF? Everybody is rooting for these frauds to lose.

Look who decided to show up after the game is decided.

why would that be the story? pg is shit

George is a fraud anyway.

So you're just jealous then? It's okay to be, but call it what it is. I hated the Jordan Bulls because I was jealous too. I was a kid though. PEACE.
Just a quick heads up to any lurkers or casual posters in this thread: I used to try to follow the discussion here around playoff time but I couldn't stand the venemous insults and the flippant cockiness by many posters. Recently I stumbled onto reddit.com/r/nba and it's so much more fun. Posters are more open minded and have an interest in discussing the more nuanced parts of basketball tactics, matchups, politics, whatever. And any rivalry is usually on the playful side and rarely personal. Or at least it seems that way to me because the other comments are probably down voted. Anyway, sorry for the meta post; I'm hoping it helps someone out who is looking to talk to other fans.

diehard

Fleer
Just a quick heads up to any lurkers or casual posters in this thread: I used to try to follow the discussion here around playoff time but I couldn't stand the venemous insults and the flippant cockiness by many posters.
Nah man we got rid of all of them its so great now.

"The internet is a big place" and all that.

Jag

Just a quick heads up to any lurkers or casual posters in this thread: I used to try to follow the discussion here around playoff time but I couldn't stand the venemous insults and the flippant cockiness by many posters. Recently I stumbled onto reddit.com/r/nba and it's so much more fun. Posters are more open minded and have an interest in discussing the more nuanced parts of basketball tactics, matchups, politics, whatever. And any rivalry is usually on the playful side and rarely personal. Or at least it seems that way to me because the other comments are probably down voted. Anyway, sorry for the meta post; I'm hoping it helps someone out who is looking to talk to other fans.

Is it better then RealGM?

Top Bottom