• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

j0hnnix

22-lebron-d-wade-shadow-boxing-miami-heat-hate-gifs.gif

Velcro Fly

Ray Allen missed more FTs than 3s that quarter

David West would have been better served hacking him every time he touched the ball.

Pimpwerx

Good win. Jesus Shuttlesworth was your boy tonight. I have no idea what that first quarter was all about. On to the next one. PEACE.

RayRay too stronk.

Pacers have manged to regress this year. Weak minds, collectively. It's not really even enjoyable to watch when they go on tilt (and they will go on tilt).

lil smoke

Banned
Get both of the Davis boys in there. Reggie, Mark Jackson, Rik Smits, Dale and Antonio, David West, Paul George, Lance Stephenson, Jalen Rose. Throw Sam Perkins in there for a random 3.
And that second rate point guard what was his name Damon something? Can't remember but he was good glue.

strobogo

Banned
Pacers secret weapon to going to the finals: back door hiring of Jonathon Bender. They shouldn't have traded Granger. Even if he wasn't contributing much, he was still contributing and had a leadership role on the team based on seniority if nothing else. I don't think it is a coincidence that the team went to shit as soon as they traded him. They should have gotten rid of him in the off season. They trade really didn't make a lot of sense since he was just getting back and into the grove of actually contributing again when they got rid of him, instead of some time during the past 3 years when he was out and eating money.

We need HAYWOODE WORKMAN!

Haywoode-Workman-Back.jpg

lil smoke

Banned
Whoa Bender, I remember him coming out, that dude had serious potential, but you could instantly see he was prone to injury so he has to limit his game to basic post shit.
So disappointing because he had a sweet swingman game.

Yeah he was a drain, they felt the need to play him.

As happy as I am for Miami getting this win, it really is sad that I still havent seen the LeBron James celebrating dance .gif in here yet. :(

Cloudy

Banned
Can't have Lance playing the whole game while being the primary ballhandler and guarding Bron a ton cos George was in foul trouble.

Evan Turner needs to be in the game when Miami goes small

strobogo

Banned
Whoa Bender, I remember him coming out, that dude had serious potential, but you could instantly see he was prone to injury so he has to limit his game to basic post shit.
So disappointing because he had a sweet swingman game.

Yeah he was a drain, they felt the need to play him.

Man, it seemed like Bender/Al Harrington/Jermaine O'Neil were going to be the future of the Pacers and carry us into the post-Reggie era.

lil smoke

Banned
Oh I was thinking about Jamal Tinsley. I'm not saying he's great, but it kinda worked.

And that was Isiah Thomas running those teams if I'm not mistaken.

Over here in NY of course we hated Indiana, but the 2 teams share a lot of stories.

strobogo

Banned
Oh I was thinking about Jamal Tinsley. I'm not saying he's great, but it kinda worked.

And that was Isiah Thomas running those teams if I'm not mistaken.

Over here in NY of course we hated Indiana, but the 2 teams share a lot of stories.

I dug Jamal. He reminded me a lot of Mark Jackson, but that could have been because I was a kid and maybe all point guards reminded me of Mark Jackson. They definitely should fire Vogel. They need some god damn consistency and he has brought it to them for the first time in a long time. I think it would be a bad move to get rid of him and start all over again. What he was doing was working pretty well until the all star break. He might have ran everyone into the ground, though. There is no explanation for Roy Hibbert, though. He must have some crazy shit going on in his personal life. That or Space Jam 2 is legit and the alien toons stole his talent. Has there ever been someone who dropped off so hard in such a short span?

Knicks vs Pacers is still a big game to me, even though it hasn't been one to anyone outside of Indiana or NY since maybe 2001.

Would be sad if Vogel is made the scape goat for what is turning out to be a deeply flawed team. He should be applauded for coaching back to back ECF appearances out of a roster this overrated. You aren't going to win a title when your best player can't create his own shot and your second best player is a heavy footed 7 footer who is too slow to rebound or score consistently. Vogel is another Rick Carslisle in the making if Indy sacks him.

Cipherr

power to you if yr a heat lifelong, but it comes off as just a little bit suspicious if y'all can't even make token posts before the 4th

i'm talking about lifelongs because they seem to be the only miami fans capable of defending their inability to post before 5 minutes are left in the 4th without lightweight flaming

just say y'all are out working or partying and move on

Y'all need to shut the heck up about the 'lifelongs' Theres like.... 2% of NBA gaf even still posting in this thread compared to 3+ years ago, and a lot of your names seem new to me. You don't get to judge other posters, they don't have to explain/tell you if they are out partying or anything, get some business of your own and stop patrolling the thread with a wristwatch and a spreadsheet taking attendance like an over the hill gym monitor at the neighborhood YMCA.

Ninja Scooter said:
Would be sad if Vogel is made the scapegoat for what is turning out to be a deeply flawed team. He should be applauded for coaching back to back ECF appearances out of a roster this overrated. You aren't going to win a title when your best player can't create his own shot and your second best player is a heavy footed 7 footer who is too slow to rebound or score consistently. Vogel is another Rick Carlisle in the making if Indy sacks him.

I have to agree. PG is good, but he isn't good enough, or rather, he isn't good in the right ways. This guy has a lot of trouble creating offense, and it becomes majorly apparent in the post seasons. Im willing to believe Hibbert will get through his bad streak (its a damn long streak, but I'm hoping he gets past it) but this is yet another post season where PG is really not the guy the Pacers need.

I think they need one more piece. Im not even sure what it is, but something.... And at a discount heh.

Cole played well also. Not sure what his numbers were, but he looked good.

He made that same little reverse like 3 or 4 times. I was like man.... the boy has found something that works.

Cloudy

Banned
Would be sad if Vogel is made the scapegoat for what is turning out to be a deeply flawed team. He should be applauded for coaching back to back ECF appearances out of a roster this overrated. You aren't going to win a title when your best player can't create his own shot and your second best player is a heavy footed 7 footer who is too slow to rebound or score consistently. Vogel is another Rick Carlisle in the making if Indy sacks him.

The team is very flawed (poor ball-handling, no bench, no pure shooters in rotation and limited scoring). However, I haven't seen any great coaching moves from Vogel. They lost the last 2 games the exact same way and he made ZERO adjustments. You have to play 2 ballhandlers down the stretch vs. Miami and Lance can't be initiating the plays cos it's taking away his offense which they desperately need. Also, Hibbert can be in for defense and putbacks but you CANNOT run plays for him late if you want to win...

Tonight, Miami ran the same P&R play for Wade and got layups over and over. Again, ZERO adjustments. Pacers are overrated but so is Vogel. The EC is just so bad and that's the only reason they go deep in the playoffs.

I think they need one more piece. Im not even sure what it is, but something.... And at a discount heh.

It's pretty obvious that they need a top-tier PG. I mean, Hill and Watson can barely bring the ball up the court vs. Bron or Cole

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Y'all need to shut the heck up about the 'lifelongs' Theres like.... 2% of NBA gaf even still posting in this thread compared to 3+ years ago, and a lot of your names seem new to me. You don't get to judge other posters, they don't have to explain/tell you if they are out partying or anything, get some business of your own and stop patrolling the thread with a wristwatch and a spreadsheet taking attendance like an over the hill gym monitor at the neighborhood YMCA.
*polite applause*

...yeah now that I'm slightly less mad about the way that game went, that string of "nbagaf attendance sheet" posts I was making were all dumb as hell and I'm sorry for even thinking they were a good idea to post

plus it's hypocritical as hell since I hopped on the Pacers bandwagon last year

MVP

Banned
Spurs look too good for anyone right now. It's not like people are just hoping for it.

Yeah I look good play-fighting with my little cousin, doesn't mean I can beat Mayweather. Not hard to look good against OKC with no paint presence, but Miami > Spurs in an easy 6.

Yeah I look good play-fighting with my little cousin, doesn't mean I can beat Mayweather. Not hard to look good against OKC with no paint presence, but Miami > Spurs in an easy 6.

I've laid out why they are better in so many ways and it has nothing to do with the Thunder.

MVP

Banned
I've laid out why they are better in so many ways and it has nothing to do with the Thunder.

You have no frame of reference to opine that they are better than the Heat "in so many ways". Maybe you don't really follow the Spurs, but they look unstoppable every year. They looked unstoppable last year. For all the talk about Ray's shot in Game 6, why did it even get to Game 6 to begin with if the Spurs are such a force? Why did they then lose Game 7?

The Spurs don't match up well with the Heat, and it is a testament to their sheer talent and finesse that it even got to 7 last season, but I don't think they have it in them to push it past 6 this time around.

...hasn't Miami won the past two championships in spite of the several times they've faced suddenly-injury-plagued (or just plain garbage) East teams in the first 3 rounds?

MVP

Banned
...hasn't Miami won the past two championships in spite of the several times they've faced suddenly-injury-plagued (or just plain garbage) East teams in the first 3 rounds?

Nope. You gonna address the rest of my point, or just cherry-pick the one part of it you can debate and evade the rest?

Top Bottom