• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Pimpwerx

Fake Miami fans have already left the building.
Hur hur.

I can't fault lower bowl tonight. If you live on south beach, it will take 2 hour or more to get home. It's urban week and the racist ass cops make it impossible to get to the beach. Move out of the sticks. PEACE.

He'll make the HoF easily with 2. He's a good coach and young. He could Lenny his way in at the worst. PEACE.

Is Rudy T not in the HoF? I don't think it's a lock, but Spoelstra is young enough that he can rack up a ton of wins before his career is through.

Also I kinda like Lance Stevenson as a FA. If Mitch can get him while still keeping enough cap space in 2015 for K-Love I say go for it.

Cloudy

Banned
Also I kinda like Lance Stevenson as a FA. If Mitch can get him while still keeping enough cap space in 2015 for K-Love I say go for it.

Yeah he would be great for us. He would flourish playing alongside a real superstar

Kobe is pretty much done. Getting Lance would be for the next era of Laker basketball, which hopefully includes Kevin Love and a good young player out of this year's draft.

WorldStar

Banned
Kobe is pretty much done. Getting Lance would be for the next era of Laker basketball, which hopefully includes Kevin Love and a good young player out of this year's draft.

lol, given the Lakers $$$ and draft round pick, no way in fuck will they get Kevin Love

prolly gonna end up with the Warriors

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Year in and year out players are scared to step in front of LeBron as he charges towards the basket. At least make it difficult for him to make the shot.

They're scared because he's strong and fast and lowers the shoulder and/or drops an elbow, and it usually results in a foul on the defender and an injury.

I guess I'm the only one who believes he will still be an impact player if healthy.

He could bounce back and be good, but the team is going to be garbage next year. Look how tough the West is. I just hope we do decently enough so that the lottery pick we give to Phoenix doesn't end up being number 1.

lol, given the Lakers $$$ and draft round pick, no way in fuck will they get Kevin Love

prolly gonna end up with the Warriors

Lakers will have cap space after next season, tons of it. If Love hits free agency they have as good a shot as anyone. The "draft round pick" doesn't have anything to do with it.

Wellscha

Can't wait to see salt everywhere once Lebron outplays the Pacers yet again.

And if the Pacers win?

It won't happen. I'm so confident, I'm avatar betting my sacred Jayhawk.

If they lose you gotta rock this avatar.

971212_605153609508059_1017061673_n.jpg

And if the Pacers lose you gotta rock this avatar:

kzwxj.gif

FOR 6 MONTHS!

First of all that's a gif how am I gonna use it as a avatar. Second of all my username and avatar go together in case you haven't noticed so it's not that easy.

No avatar bet, no deal.

PS: I could make an appropriate avatar version of it.

Are you chickening out?

Edit: if BAM BAM Baklava doesn't answer by the end of the first quarter, he chickened out of the deal. Be my witness, GAF.

The only reason I'm named bam bam baklava is to match my avatar. Not gonna work out like that.

Then you chickened out of the avatar bet. Its your problem, not mine.

Okay sweet?

Where's Evan Turner?

When did you say I'm betting? I said if they lose you use this avatar.

Not all bets ever made have a mutual and equal input from all participants. Also, this game is pretty much over.

916c71ee_1384650185255.gif

Cloudy

Banned
He could bounce back and be good, but the team is going to be garbage next year. Look how tough the West is. I just hope we do decently enough so that the lottery pick we give to Phoenix doesn't end up being number 1.

If Kobe is healthy and we keep Young and Farmar, we should make the playoffs. Just trade the pick for an impact player

WorldStar

Banned
Lakers will have cap space after next season, tons of it. If Love hits free agency they have as good a shot as anyone. The "draft round pick" doesn't have anything to do with it.

they will not have tons of cap space. please explain to me where this tons of cap space will come from which will make them a serious contender compared to K Love's other options. because Love alone aint gonna do a whole lot on his own. which brings me to my second point...

the draft pick is hugely important because it effects what other acquisitions they will need/have. gasol is garbage. kobe is pretty much done. nash is officially done.

please tell me your scenario that will make Lakers a serious contender after next season. I'm all ears. what starters/bench and how will the Lakers acquire said talent.

If Kobe is healthy and we keep Young and Farmar, we should make the playoffs.

if the team is basically the same + healthy (but old and breaking down) Kobe I don't see how we are better than:
Spurs
Thunder
Grizz
Cilpps
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors
Suns
Rockets

Keep in mind we still don't even have a head coach, and whoever does come in is going to have to deal with a crap roster which was mostly assembled for a d'Antoni system. Granted some of these teams might have some regression, but I think you are underestimating just how bad this Lakers roster is and likely will be again next year. Mitch is probably going to just piece together scraps again to keep cap space open for 2015. You could argue they actually OVERachieved last season just to get to 28 wins.

they will not have tons of cap space. please explain to me where this tons of cap space will come from which will make them a serious contender compared to K Love's other options. because Love alone aint gonna do a whole lot on his own. which brings me to my second point...

the draft pick is hugely important because it effects what other acquisitions they will need/have. gasol is garbage. kobe is pretty much done. nash is officially done.

please tell me your scenario that will make Lakers a serious contender after next season. I'm all ears. what starters/bench and how will the Lakers acquire said talent.

The year Love becomes a free agent the only contracts they will have on the books are probably goint to be Kobe, Robert Sacre (who makes the minimum) and this year's draft pick. They will have cap space. Why do you think Mitch only signed one year deal guys all last offseason?

If Kobe is healthy and we keep Young and Farmar, we should make the playoffs. Just trade the pick for an impact player

Dude, the way west is going right now.. The only time you will ever see Kobe in the playoffs again is in 2k.

OT title will be changed to.. Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't..
sorry nba gaf heh cant think of anything snarky

WorldStar

Banned
The year Love becomes a free agent the only contracts they will have on the books are probably goint to be Kobe, Robert Sacre (who makes the minimum) and this year's draft pick. They will have cap space. Why do you think Mitch only signed one year deal guys all last offseason?

lol, and why in the fuck would Love pick the Lakers over the Warriors?

please tell me your scenario that will make Lakers a serious contender after next
season. I'm all ears. what starters/bench and how will the Lakers acquire said talent.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. I am not the Lakers GM. What I do know is that the Lakers have set out to clear cap space for the same year Kevin Love (and others) are free agents and have earmarked that offseason as the time they plan to reload. That's more than a year from now so lots of things can happen, but that shit is in play. Obviously it's not a lock, nothing ever is, but I'm not sure what your beef here is.

WorldStar

Banned
I'm not sure what you are looking for. I am not the Lakers GM. What I do know is that the Lakers have set out to clear cap space for the same year Kevin Love (and others) are free agents and have earmarked that offseason as the time they plan to reload. That's more than a year from now so lots of things can happen, but that shit is in play. Obviously it's not a lock, nothing ever is, but I'm not sure what your beef here is.

you quoted me before I managed to fix my post, my bad

I just can't fathom and any possible reality where Love would pick Lakers over his other options, especially GSW

edit: also I'd think my beef would be pretty clear. I do not like the Lakers.

Never before have I been this thoroughly disappointed in an NBA game. Somehow the fallout after the Brawl had me feeling better than I do now. Between the Pacers' lack of "give a fuck" and the bullshit calls in the 4th I almost want to quit following the NBA entirely, but I know I'll be back next game.

you quoted me before I managed to fix my post, my bad

I just can't fathom and any possible reality where Love would pick Lakers over his other options, especially GSW

edit: also I'd think my beef would be pretty clear. I do not like the Lakers.

The difference is that going to the GSW would require a trade, which can complicate things. Dwight wanted badly to go to Brooklyn and couldn't get his way no matter how badly he wanted. The Dwight situation is also apt because Dwight was traded for, and then walked after a year. Teams might be afraid Love will do the same which also limits the amount of teams he can be traded to.

WorldStar

Banned
The difference is that going to the GSW would require a trade, which can complicate things. Dwight wanted badly to go to Brooklyn and couldn't get his way no matter how badly he wanted. The Dwight situation is also apt because Dwight was traded for, and then walked after a year. Teams might be afraid Love will do the same which also limits the amount of teams he can be traded to.

I honestly believe GSW trade which would result in them landing Love would make GSW a serious title threat

kevin love doesn't want to be on a team that has maybe some future long term potential, perhaps with the opportunity to learn from a legend (to say kobe is questionable is an understatement)

he wants a fucking ring, and GSW is his best chance of getting it as soon as possible

I don't blame you for dreaming. I'm still deluding myself into thinking my Kings have a chance have a chance at him. they recently just made an offer.

Top Bottom