• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Vorheez

I really do think that is it. Memphis needed to hold momentum going into OKC, things arent looking good. You don't let dangerous teams like OKC win overtime games on your home court, ESPECIALLY when their two stars played as awful as they did.

I really do think that is it. Memphis needed to hold momentum going into OKC, things arent looking good. You don't let dangerous teams like OKC win overtime games on your home court, ESPECIALLY when their two stars played as awful as they did.

Both our stars need to show up if we're going to make it far in the playoffs. Reggie Jackson isn't going to carry OKC to the Finals.

Having said that, I believe this is the toughest matchup for OKC in the West. I'm not as scared of any other team.

Vorheez

Both our stars need to show up if we're going to make it far in the playoffs. Reggie Jackson isn't going to carry OKC to the Finals.

Having said that, I believe this is the toughest matchup for OKC in the West. I'm not as scared of any other team.
Yeah, regardless of the outcome we are in for a great series. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Except it happened this season. That's how the MVP award works, you know? It's given to the best player in the league that season.
That's not exactly true but whatever helps you sleep. KD had a phenomenal season, probably top 15/20 all time yet he isn't regarded as the best player in the league. Sure he had the best season of all 450 players in the league, but we all know who the best player in the league is.

Tim Reynolds
@ByTimReynolds
Reggie Jackson joins Manu Ginobili as the ONLY players with at least 32 and 9 off the bench in a NBA playoff game in the last 25 years.

That's not exactly true but whatever helps you sleep. KD had a phenomenal season, probably top 15/20 all time yet he isn't regarded as the best player in the league. Sure he had the best season of all 450 players in the league, but we all know who the best player in the league is.

My sleep cycle has nothing to do with it. This season, over 82 games, KD was better that LeBron. Hence, he's winning the MVP. Is he a better overall player than LeBron over a larger time span? No.

TomShoe

Banned
Jesus, what a shitty NBA day. Two teams getting bailed out by last second dumb luck. I can't seem to catch a break, it's Murphy's Law Redux.

My sleep cycle has nothing to do with it. This season, over 82 games, KD was better that LeBron. Hence, he's winning the MVP. Is he a better overall player than LeBron over a larger time span? No.
you basically repeated what I said. I never said KD doesn't deserve the MVP. What he doesn't deserve is the best player in the league award, which is probably the unanimous answer among anyone but OKC homers/LBJ Haters, and it will remain that way for AT LEAST 2 more seasons. Last third of the season he ran away with the award. I get it though, you OKC fans feel some sort of entitlement now that KD is winning the MVP, but the real season is a week in my friend, and your boy ain't looking to hot.

10264777_10152126483827057_5907465125932633417_n.jpg

I can't breathe

Except it happened this season. That's how the MVP award works, you know? It's given to the best player in the league that season.

I know what you're saying but that isn't how it works.

If we look back on this season, with Durant winning MVP, we won't say he was the best player playing the game that year. We'll still say LBJ. No one believes Derrick Rose was the best player the year he won MVP.

Winning the MVP means you had the best stats that year. But stats aren't everything, and if OKC doesn't make it to the Finals and LeBron does even in this particular season he'll still be viewed as second best, regardless of the MVP.

you basically repeated what I said. I never said KD doesn't deserve the MVP. What he doesn't deserve is the best player in the league award, which is probably the unanimous answer among anyone but OKC homers/LBJ Haters, and it will remain that way for AT LEAST 2 more seasons. Last third of the season he ran away with the award. I get it though, you OKC fans feel some sort of entitlement now that KD is winning the MVP, but the real season is a week in my friend, and your boy ain't looking to hot.

So many silly assumptions and projections in your post it hurts.

I've never said KD is a better basketball player than LeBron James...only that he was better than him this season. Entitlement for what? What an absurd concept. Also, KD having a couple of bad games means very little if they get passed Memphis.

I do appreciate your prediction that LeBron will be the top dog for AT LEAST 2 more seasons, since you have particular insights into what will happen to the team during free agency. It's completely impossible that he could become seriously injured, or lose one of his two safety blankets, or see his game deteriorate.

I realize that LeBron's steady diet of HGH will keep him in top shape for some time to come, but Father Time gets the best of us all in the end. Thanks for telling me exactly when I can expect that process to start for LBJ.

Love it. Incredible how Vince reinvented himself into a perimeter shooter and extended his career much further than I ever expected it to last.

That had about as much content as any of the rest of your "responses" so far, so kudos to you. I hope you enjoy AT LEAST the next two seasons!

I'm pretty sure I don't need to provide you with content or any advanced metrics when Lebrons actions on the court already rest my case. If you feel the need to reply to this, go right ahead, but I won't reply back until June.

Sciz

Had a feeling OKC would step up and take game 4, but coming from the hands of Reggie Jackson having a career night? sheeiiiit

When was the last time a playoff series had three consecutive OT games?

Gonna tune it a little bit later. Working nights on a weekend suck balls, the only good thing to me is that im getting paid to pretty much do nothing lol. This 1st round will probably end up as the best 1st round playoffs ever. Other than heat horncats every game is intense till the buzzer.

And Deadspin just released the 2nd part of sterling recording...

jI2I0wi.jpg

Yep, still as racist as the 1st part we've heard.

BadAss2961

Da fuck is going on with Chicago's defense. Stop leaving Ariza open for 3s.

You know something is terribly wrong when Taj has to carry the offense.

Top Bottom