• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Hey Moose can I come stay with you when Captain Trips hits and everyone has to make a Stand in Boulder against the Dark Man?

19&21/Sanjuro/Roflbear/whoever else has titanfall:

Holy shit, the Kraber is absurd. In a fun to use way. Why are all of its challenges so low when it's a OSK to any human-sized target?

It's kind of hard for a lot of people to use because you have to lead shots. I know my friends that exclusively played Call of Duty before Titanfall had trouble with it.

Carbine or DMR or Compact SMG are the way to go breh.

Giggzy

I'm super nervous u guyz.

Man, my mood changes everyday lol.

Yesterday I was nervous as fuck about facing the Stars, but today I'm feeling confident. We're coming in hot and a much stronger team than last year. My only concern is goaltending, but if Andersen starts we'll be solid.

Interview with Robidas:

When you were traded here, there was the possibility these two teams could face each other in the playoffs. Did you want that to happen?

It’s funny you say that, because at the time of the trade, Anaheim was first and Dallas was eighth, and the GM and the coaches [in Dallas] said, “We might face you in the first round.” They knew about it and I knew about it. It wasn’t a surprise. But along the way, it was like, maybe, maybe not, maybe, maybe not. Now that it’s set, it’s who we play. It is what it is. I’ve just got to play my game. It’s not about me versus my old team. It’s the Ducks versus the Stars. I want to win a Stanley Cup, and they’re in the way.

Damn right, Robidas. Let's do this!!

kingslunk

y6hMm0B.png

LETS GOOOOOO TOMORROOWWWW

ShaneB

I just sent in my picks for a playoff pool. Despite thinking Boston is going to the Cup, I decided to take a big risk. My Cup final is Habs/Sharks with the Sharks winning in 6.

Montreal beating Tampa, Boston and Pittsburgh to get there :lol

Montreal beating any team in the east seems entirely possible to me, so it's not that crazy to think.

Man, my mood changes everyday lol.

Yesterday I was nervous as fuck about facing the Stars, but today I'm feeling confident. We're coming in hot and a much stronger team than last year. My only concern is goaltending, but if Andersen starts we'll be solid.

Interview with Robidas:

When you were traded here, there was the possibility these two teams could face each other in the playoffs. Did you want that to happen?

It’s funny you say that, because at the time of the trade, Anaheim was first and Dallas was eighth, and the GM and the coaches [in Dallas] said, “We might face you in the first round.” They knew about it and I knew about it. It wasn’t a surprise. But along the way, it was like, maybe, maybe not, maybe, maybe not. Now that it’s set, it’s who we play. It is what it is. I’ve just got to play my game. It’s not about me versus my old team. It’s the Ducks versus the Stars. I want to win a Stanley Cup, and they’re in the way.

Damn right, Robidas. Let's do this!!

Robidouche can be very likeable when he wants to be. Determined. I like that. We've faced ZERO Lehtonens this season. Will be they starting him? I know our third line have been effective at shutting down Benn and Seguin, which is good. But what depth scoring does Dallas have that we should be concerned about? Eakins and Nischuskin withstanding.

Eugh. Whoever's gonna start in net is gonna kill me.

I hope it's Hiller. Because I KNOW that as soon as he starts fucking up then he'll be replaced with Andersen, and it won't be one of those things where if it happens too late then that's it.

is it really snowing in MI? in mid-April? gross.

Avalanche vs Wild in 5
Blues vs Hawks in 6
Ducks vs Stars in 5
Sharks vs Kings in 7

Bruins vs Wings in 7
Canadiens vs Lightning in 5
Penguins vs Blue Jackets in 7
Rangers vs Flyers in 6

GO WINGS

Sanjuro

CAR and B3 Wingman, everything else is irrelevant. Actually hopped on a little bit yesterday since I haven't played in a good while, took me a game to find my groove again but it was fun. I actually enjoy playing campaign when I'm by myself, I now understand the story finally too.

I need to get back into it as well. Played it again at PAX East and had a blast. The new matchmaking options that are coming soon sound fantastic as well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Western Conference
Minnesota vs. Colorado - 5
Chicago vs. St. Louis - 7
Dallas vs. Anaheim - 5
LA vs. San Jose - 6

Eastern Conference
Detroit vs. Boston - 6
Tampa Bay vs. Montreal - 7
Columbus vs. Pittsburgh - 4
Philadelphia vs. New York - 6

Samyy

The Dion Phaneuf effect.

Heh Phaneuf was awesome last year and 60 games this year :/
He was doing a really good job against other teams top lines with a #4 guy as his partner.

Phaneuf was gonna get that if not more on the market.

Solo

Montreal beating any team in the east seems entirely possible to me, so it's not that crazy to think.

Strangely enough I feel more confident that Montreal could beat Boston in Round 2 than I do them beating Tampa in Round 1. That match up scares me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'd be fine if it was like, some small term deal with a slight pay increase until Gostisbehere/Morin/Hagg are all ready.. but this is just GROSS overpayment for a guy who is pretty awful.

This Front Office just fucking one-ups itself with stupidity every single day.

Strangely enough I feel more confident that Montreal could beat Boston in Round 2 than I do them beating Tampa in Round 1. That match up scares me.

I just hope the Flyers can handle the Rags so we can get the Pens in Round 2.

I'd be fine if it was like, some small term deal with a slight pay increase until Gostisbehere/Morin/Hagg are all ready.. but this is just GROSS overpayment for a guy who is pretty awful.

This Front Office just fucking one-ups itself with stupidity every single day.

I've been driving the "Fire Homer" bandwagon for quite some time now. Hop aboard.

ShaneB

Heh Phaneuf was awesome last year and 60 games this year :/
He was doing a really good job against other teams top lines with a #4 guy as his partner.

Phaneuf was gonna get that if not more on the market.

Heh, well I'm just saying, his contract, given how recent it was, could've been the barometer they used to swing that deal.

It's no doubt a match up that could go either way, and no result would be entirely surprising.

Samyy

Heh, well I'm just saying, his contract, given how recent it was, could've been the barometer they used to swing that deal.

It's no doubt a match up that could go either way, and no result would be entirely surprising.

I guess but Andy Macdonald is a #5 guy at best and Phaneuf is a good #2 so....

Sanjuro

Here's a stat for you.

They have a better attendance than Dallas this year.

I believe it. I don't have the numbers on me, but they are both bottom of the barrel teams.

Dallas only cares if you're football for the most part. I mean, they have high school football stadiums there that can fit more capacity than the Islanders probably. Rangers have only just taken off.

Var

I believe it. I don't have the numbers on me, but they are both bottom of the barrel teams.

Dallas only cares if you're football for the most part. I mean, they have high school football stadiums there that can fit more capacity than the Islanders probably. Rangers have only just taken off.

Dallas had pretty good attendance for the Flyers game I went to, considering how bad the weather was. Orange jerseys as far as you could see.

I'd love to see the Avs get back to top 10 in attendance. We had such an insane record for sellout nights and then the wheels fell off completely, which I am told by a wings fan was caused by them directly, weird I know, but this year has been a pretty big improvement.

Sanjuro

Dallas had pretty good attendance for the Flyers game I went to, considering how bad the weather was. Orange jerseys as far as you could see.

Pretty much.

It's always great when this happens and the best the hecklers can do are "Go back to XXX!".

You can just reply with, "No, you don't understand. Your venue would be EMPTY!"

Top Bottom