• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

jJrQB3kjmIbPz.PNG

Woooooooooooooo at least Barrie is ok.

Hope he's only day to day, we need Dutchie back, holy shit,

Roflobear

AV says he expects Brassard to be good to go for Game 1. Crisis (hopefully) averted.

Brassard was a PPG player last year in the playoffs, 12 pts in 12 games.

Well that's good to hear. That would've been a shitty way to lose him right when we got McDonagh back too. Also does Krieder have a timeframe for a return? Or is this gonna be like the Staal eye injury thing from last year's playoffs?

I'm just using it to get the easy XP before going to Gen 3. Seems fine to me. Not a fan of the CAR. I've been killing it with the first SMG though.

Weirdo

Oshie and Tarasenko said they feel ready to play, just need doc clearance. Morrow: "I can't make my injury worse, so why not play?"

Please make this a competitive series. That's all I ask.

Granlund and Brodziak are both going to be back for playoffs yesssssssssss

I'm just using it to get the easy XP before going to Gen 3. Seems fine to me. Not a fan of the CAR. I've been killing it with the first SMG though.

Ya that was the SMG I was talking about. I really like it. My buddy likes the CAR but I'm not a fan.

Just finished the seventh gen. Challenges for that one were extremely easy. G2A4 + Titan Chaingun + Charge Rifle(again)? Come on.

jJrQB3kjmIbPz.PNG

Woooooooooooooo at least Barrie is ok.

How long are those guys out? Duchene I'm most concerned about.
If the Avs close this out in 4 we'll only have to deal with Mr. Headshot for 1 game.

Who?

Ya that was the SMG I was talking about. I really like it. My buddy likes the CAR but I'm not a fan.

Just finished the seventh gen. Challenges for that one were extremely easy. G2A4 + Titan Chaingun + Charge Rifle(again)? Come on son.

Jesus christ, lol. I've had it since Wednesday and am grinding the last couple levels of gen 2. Can't even imagine being 8th.

ZeroGravity

Well, the good news is that Palat and Filppula skated today and should be ready to go for Game 1.

The bad news is that Bishop didn't skate and it's sounding more and more like he won't be back at all for the first round, though no one will say as much.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's good to hear. That would've been a shitty way to lose him right when we got McDonagh back too. Also does Krieder have a timeframe for a return? Or is this gonna be like the Staal eye injury thing from last year's playoffs?

Still "out indefinitely" for Kreider. He skated after practice on his own, wearing two gloves but still wearing a brace on his injured hand.

RE: Kreider

Brooks has said game 6/7 rd 1 possibly. Leonard has said not before rd 2. Of course this is all a big IF they get to any of these possibilities.

Jesus christ, lol. I've had it since Wednesday and am grinding the last couple levels of gen 2. Can't even imagine being 8th.

I play with friends almost every night for an hour or two and last weekend I went on a drunken rampage. Did levels 20-50 of 6, 1-40 of 7. Yesterday I skipped my only class cuz I missed the bus and it started snowing so I went home and played 41-49.

This morning before class I played two games in order to get 50+ regen.

I should probably take a break haha

Stasis

AV says he expects Brassard to be good to go for Game 1. Crisis (hopefully) averted.

Brassard was a PPG player last year in the playoffs, 12 pts in 12 games.

Thanks for all the updates! I always know I can count on you when my schedule is crazy. I just check your posts vs. going to various news sites/forums.

<3

Curufinwe

It's great that after we spent October debating who was going to get Ekblad the Flyers and Rangers are playing each other in the first round for the first time in 17 years.

I didn't like the realignment and the wildcard playoff system, but I'd rather play anyone but Boston than the Lightning, and that's who Philly would have played if the conferences were seeded 1 thru 8.

EAST
Boston in 6.
Montreal in 6.
Pittsburgh in 6.
NY in 6.

WEST
Colorado in 5.
Chicago in 6.
Anaheim in 6.
LA in 7.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's great that after we spent October debating who was going to get Ekblad the Flyers and Rangers are playing each other in the first round for the first time in 17 years.

I didn't like the realignment and the wildcard playoff system, but I'd rather play anyone but Boston than the Lightning, and that's who Philly would have played if the conferences were seeded 1 thru 8.

EAST
Boston in 6.
Tampa Bay in 6.
Pittsburgh in 6.
NY in 6.

WEST
Colorado in 5.
Chicago in 6.
Anaheim in 6.
LA in 7.
Why do most people think TB over the Habs? Bishop, who I think will get the Vezina, is out.

ZeroGravity

Most media outlets seem to be picking the Habs.

I'll say this, the Lightning weren't winning games since the Olympics because of Bishop. His play was pretty average coming down the stretch and the team was finding other ways to win without having to need a goaltender to steal games, like we had to when Stamkos was out.

Curufinwe

How did he look in the PO's last year? I don't know what to expect from him, but I know Bergevin & Co are expecting for him to really step up now.

He got a concussion in March at practice, missed a month, and didn't play well after that. And the Flyers were out anyway.

In 2012 I remember he scored the OT winner in our last playoff win. Then NJ beat us four straight.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think Price is ready to steal a series, and the team is playing it's best 5 on 5 hockey all season. If they lose a round to Lindback it will be pretty disappointing.

He got a concussion in March at practice, missed a month, and didn't play well after that. And the Flyers were out anyway.

In 2012 I remember he scored the OT winner in our last playoff win. Then NJ beat us four straight.
Right, I forgot about this. He's done well with his role this season, I just don't see how he's going to automatically turn it on and light it up in the playoffs. He should be playing on the 2nd line with Plekanec though, so he'll have his opportunity.

Acid08

Banned
Lines today at practice were:

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Wingels-Pavelski-Havlat
Torres-Desjardins-Brown

Fifth line made up of Kearns, Sheppard, and Kennedy were skating too. Only tinkering I'd do is switch Nieto/Havlat and put Sheppard in over Brown. Otherwise pretty great stuff.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all the updates! I always know I can count on you when my schedule is crazy. I just check your posts vs. going to various news sites/forums.

<3

Thanks. I do my best!

Why do most people think TB over the Habs? Bishop, who I think will get the Vezina, is out.
Really depends on whether good Lindback or terrible Lindback shows up for TB. Having home ice really helps as his record is waaaay better at home, if I remember right. Unless Tampa Bay's goaltending goes full Fleury on them, I think they can pull it off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. I do my best!

Really depends on whether good Lindback or terrible Lindback shows up for TB. Having home ice really helps as his record is waaaay better at home, if I remember right. Unless Tampa Bay's goaltending goes full Fleury on them, I think they can pull it off.
Is give the edge to the Habs, but I think this does hinge on Lindback and hopefully having Price not choke.

Took some time today and get my phone all set for the playoffs.

I present to you why Android is awesome:

dIuvc3J.jpg

Nz9mOY2.jpg

Just gotta figure out how to get the weather widget that I'm using to display in F and not C.

Clydefrog

Lines today at practice were:

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Wingels-Pavelski-Havlat
Torres-Desjardins-Brown

Fifth line made up of Kearns, Sheppard, and Kennedy were skating too. Only tinkering I'd do is switch Nieto/Havlat and put Sheppard in over Brown. Otherwise pretty great stuff.

I fear to think what kind of nastiness Torres is planning to get him suspended again this playoffs.

Top Bottom