• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

zroid

Banned
I hate how Mini Eggs are available year-round now, because back when they were strictly sold around Easter, they'd get cleared out afterwards for dirt cheap. I could buy several months' supply for a paltry sum. No longer. :(

For the record (not that anyone gives a shit or is asking), I don't have a problem with "band wagoners" or people who post in this thread only for the yoffs. I only have a problem if you're a dickhead poster. But we have plenty of those who are regulars in this thread already

Enough with these kind of comments. Yes, there were a bunch of idiots who did that. But please don't paint the entire city with the same brush.

but LOL you better get used to it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've never understood why some people get so upset about riot jokes. It's not personal.

Hey, some of those idiots would rather have a city that tore itself apart than accept a loss amicably. We have one of those idiots here in fact.

edit: I'ma head to the Denver's City and County Building in a little bit and take my own pictures of the place. I hear there are a decent amount of buildings downtown lit up tonight as well.

I heard Boulder lit up some of our hippies on Pearl St. with Burgundy and Blue, I think I'll go get pictures of that.

Red_Man

Who needs unsigned college prospects when you can sign undrafted Quebecois Hero David Desharnais.
:lol :lol

He finished with 51 points in 60 games which is nice, but I feel like we're stuck with him seeing as he's so close to Patches. They live next door and drive to the rink together everyday. I don't know how Bergevin is going to handle this center debacle this off season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
:lol :lol

He finished with 51 points in 60 games which is nice, but I feel like we're stuck with him seeing as he's so close to Patches. They live next door and drive to the rink together everyday. I don't know how Bergevin is going to handle this center debacle this off season.

We're definitely stuck with him, and I feel like the organization goes easy on him considering his journey to the NHL, and it affects his contract negotiations. Was he really going to earn $3.5m from any other team last summer?

Edit: As hard as I am on him, I still like him, but he's got to start doing something in the playoffs.

Red_Man

We're definitely stuck with him, and I feel like the organization goes easy on him considering his journey to the NHL, and it affects his contract negotiations. Was he really going to earn $3.5m from any other team last summer?

Edit: As hard as I am on him, I still like him, but he's got to start doing something in the playoffs.
Doubtful, but at the pace he's going $3.5 is a good deal. The problem is he clogs up our space, and I don't feel we could ever go 3-4 rounds deep if he's on that top line. I do like him, and he plays well with Patches, he just doesn't really fit on the team. This years playoffs will be huge for him, if he disappears like last year, I could see Bergevin trying to move him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Doubtful, but at the pace he's going $3.5 is a good deal. The problem is he clogs up our space, and I don't feel we could ever go 3-4 rounds deep if he's on that top line. I do like him, and he plays well with Patches, he just doesn't really fit on the team.

Yeah I edited in a little bit after. I like Desharnais, he continues to put up points , and he doesn't whine or complain when things aren't going his way, but we're going to be stuck in the same position we've always been in with a number two at best guy slotting into our number one centre position.

Hopefully Galchenyuk surpasses him soon, but Pacioretty will probably play with him only as long as he's here, and Galchenyuk will get the second line guys.

These playoffs are a make or break it point for Desharnais too. He's got two of the leagues best scorers on his wings, and still manages to get good matchups, if he doesn't put up points I don't think he ever will.

Red_Man

My biggest fear is a disgruntled Patches if they do want to move DD, both of them have said they only ever want to play with each other, hopefully he's professional enough to move past it if they do move him.

Marvie_3

Banned
great thread marvie, as soon as I saw the gifs I knew this was gonna be a good thread, good luck to everybody and to everybody go fuck themselves. It's time to get salty.
<3

Salthawks time to shine!
Ready for playoff, avatar and all. Lets do this! ... Still two days :(
.......the fuck?
I grew up in Chicago, though technically I'm a bandwagoner because i moved away from the city in the early 2000's, couldn't see or hear a game anywhere, and lost track of the team until Bill Wirtz died and Rocky Wirtz took over and started to rebuild the fanbase.

ibplnZd1ZuwUge.gif

According to TSN the Ducks are a one line team. This is good reporting. This is full of evidence. Yes, this is definitely true. They have definitely watched some Ducks games.

Ready for playoff, avatar and all. Lets do this! ... Still two days :(

I grew up in Chicago, though technically I'm a bandwagoner because i moved away from the city in the early 2000's, couldn't see or hear a game anywhere, and lost track of the team until Bill Wirtz died and Rocky Wirtz took over and started to rebuild the fanbase.

Welcome!

We don't need more mother fucking hawks fans.

Why do you hate the Hawks so much? You'd think one of our players killed your cat or something.

19&21/Sanjuro/Roflbear/whoever else has titanfall:

Holy shit, the Kraber is absurd. In a fun to use way. Why are all of its challenges so low when it's a OSK to any human-sized target?

Roflobear

Holy shit, the Kraber is absurd. In a fun to use way. Why are all of its challenges so low when it's a OSK to any human-sized target?

I think the snipers are really hard to use in this game. I haven't used the Kraber yet but you had to use the other sniper in one of the regen requirements and shit was unbearable til I got the AOG scope for it. Even then it was still pretty hard. Gimme the R-101C or CAR SMG all day though

It snowed today (about an inch to two), in mid April. Everyone on the roads crashed.

Damn where at? We just got some light rain in New York

CAR and B3 Wingman, everything else is irrelevant. Actually hopped on a little bit yesterday since I haven't played in a good while, took me a game to find my groove again but it was fun. I actually enjoy playing campaign when I'm by myself, I now understand the story finally too.

Damn where at? We just got some light rain in New York

Southeast Michigan, trying to break that snow record still (unless we beat it already but I can't remember).

Solo

Scott Morrison with the Habs vs Avs final prediction! I dig it.

I just sent in my picks for a playoff pool. Despite thinking Boston is going to the Cup, I decided to take a big risk. My Cup final is Habs/Sharks with the Sharks winning in 6.

Montreal beating Tampa, Boston and Pittsburgh to get there :lol

I'm not going to make picks this year, I just have a list of teams I don't want to win:

Habs
Hawks
Pens
LA
Boston

The last too I don't care as much as the first 3 though. Of course Cleary is going to lead us to the promise land this year so the entire playoffs are already irrelevant to everyone else.

Top Bottom