• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are apparently close to signing Union captain Mat Bodie. He, of course, would not be eligible for the playoffs.

Sather has been pretty busy signing college free agents ever since the trade deadline.

Bodie signed, confirmed. He's joining the Rangers in July. So I guess technically this really belongs in the off-season thread, but whatever.

In the meantime, the Rangers recalled J.T. Miller from Hartford (again). Looks like that actually plan to use him against Philly, probably in the spot they've had Jesper Fast playing on Richards' line the last couple of games.

More NYR playoff propaganda:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97607&navid=DL|NYR|PLAYOFFS

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97710

Sanjuro

I'd love to see the Avs get back to top 10 in attendance. We had such an insane record for sellout nights and then the wheels fell off completely, which I am told by a wings fan was caused by them directly, weird I know, but this year has been an a pretty big improvement.

I still think the Avs need to break out of the 90s. Their sweaters probably look the most dated out of any franchise. If they did something incorporating the clean Rockies logo, might have something nice.

I know that doesn't = attendance, but it's always a nice thing to do for teams not featuring a classic sweater.

Pretty much.

It's always great when this happens and the best the hecklers can do are "Go back to XXX!".

You can just reply with, "No, you don't understand. Your venue would be EMPTY!"

This is true in cases like Dallas, but not universally true. Sometimes it's just a matter of the other team driving the StubHub market too high for the casual fans' tastes.

See: Hawks Blues in STL. Asses would be in the seats regardless.

And the Blues have a pretty dated Home and Away jersey at this point as well. I can't imagine it sticks around much longer considering that these seem to be selling more than the current ones:

Blues18.png

I still think the Avs need to break out of the 90s. Their sweaters probably look the most dated out of any franchise. If they did something incorporating the clean Rockies logo, might have something nice.

I know that doesn't = attendance, but it's always a nice thing to do for teams not featuring a classic sweater.

Definitely won't happen, Nordiques is much more likely. After this year with the new identity the franchise has taken on I wouldn't be too surprised to see something new next year or the year after. I don't know what that'll be though, we've tried some new things before but the Burgundy 3rd and now this Blue 3rd just seem to attract a lot of hate. I like the blue 3rds but they sidestep the logo issue rather than address it.

Sanjuro

This is true in cases like Dallas, but not universally true. Sometimes it's just a matter of the other team driving the StubHub market too high for the casual fans' tastes.

See: Hawks Blues in STL. Asses would be in the seats regardless.

And the Blues have a pretty dated Home and Away jersey at this point as well. I can't imagine it sticks around much longer considering that these seem to be selling more than the current ones

...aaand I just ruined the page.

p7dVx0f.jpg

Never forget.

Our market is fucked, even St. Louis isn't this bad. Lowest face value ticket is around $130-40 after fees. StubHub is the ONLY way to get a cheaper ticket beyond finding a desperate scalper before the event.

kingslunk

5 year playoff drought will kill your attendance. Blackhawks 5 years agos attendance was fucking empty. Then the bandwagon fans came out in droves. Too bad Dallas will be the worst when they start winning. We have a high amount of band wagoners. Look at the Texas Rangers attendance prior to their first World Series birth. Fucking empty stadium.

Sanjuro

5 year playoff drought will kill your attendance. Blackhawks 5 years agos attendance was fucking empty. Then the bandwagon fans came out in droves. Too bad Dallas will be the worst when they start winning. We have a high amount of band wagoners. Look at the Texas Rangers attendance prior to their first World Series birth. Fucking empty stadium.

Same with the Dallas Mavericks and their Beating the Miami Heat Title. To this day, I seriously don't believe that Dallas fans believe they won the championship over that.

Giggzy

Robidouche can be very likeable when he wants to be. Determined. I like that. We've faced ZERO Lehtonens this season. Will be they starting him? I know our third line have been effective at shutting down Benn and Seguin, which is good. But what depth scoring does Dallas have that we should be concerned about? Eakins and Nischuskin withstanding.

Eugh. Whoever's gonna start in net is gonna kill me.

I hope it's Hiller. Because I KNOW that as soon as he starts fucking up then he'll be replaced with Andersen, and it won't be one of those things where if it happens too late then that's it.

My biggest concern about starting Hiller is losing home ice advantage because of his form. If the Ducks see a future with Hiller and plan on resigning him this summer then I think he starts game 1. If not, Andersen all the way.

I hope Bruce has the balls to just go with Andersen from the start. I'll be nervous otherwise. It's funny how all season long we were gloating about having good goaltending depth and now it could come back to bite us in the ass. Ah, the irony.

kingslunk

Every time I visited after the title, I always was told "Remember that time we beat Lebron / Beat the HEAT!?"

I don't blame them, they couldn't name really any of the players on the team. Jason Kidd WHO?!

Only really need to know one player though and that's Dirk.

I'm not a Mavs fan though. Go nuggets go.

Marvie_3

Banned
And the Blues have a pretty dated Home and Away jersey at this point as well. I can't imagine it sticks around much longer considering that these seem to be selling more than the current ones:

Blues18.png
Those are awful. The ones the Blues wore before those is what they should go for.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger lines and pairings at first playoff practice:

Nash-Stepan-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Fast
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
J.Moore-Klein

Carcillo, Miller, Diaz, Falk as extras.

EDIT: Brassard just left the ice with a back injury. WELP...

Hey Moose can I come stay with you when Captain Trips hits and everyone has to make a Stand in Boulder against the Dark Man?

It's kind of hard for a lot of people to use because you have to lead shots. I know my friends that exclusively played Call of Duty before Titanfall had trouble with it.

Carbine or DMR or Compact SMG are the way to go breh.

I don't see why you can't come to Boulder, other than being a dirty Wild fan, of course! :p

The G2A4 is the most versatile gun, the best gun in the right hands (my hands).

That shit looks cool. My brother in law is moving to Boulder in a couple of months, next time my wife goes to visit I may go too, more interesting than north Texas for the hundredth time.

It's a really beautiful place, though 19 & 21 would have you believe it's full of yuppies, hippies and hipsters. I like the town though, come join us in the light, 19 & 21.

I think our logo and colors are awesome, our jersey sucks though, we need to change the amount of blue or burgundy. I still like this:

0618-danieldougherty-col2.png

LX_Theo

Banned
I think our logo and colors are awesome, our jersey sucks though, we need to change the amount of blue or burgundy. I still like this:

0618-danieldougherty-col2.png

I do really like how that shoulder design works with the colors. The stripes below, no so much. The current design would be a lot better if they just reworked the lines coming up the front so it didn't look almost like an apron.

So dilemma. This friday the game is scheduled when my friend is having a bon fire, which is scheduled right before/during I usually go play hockey.

I do really like how that shoulder design works with the colors. The stripes below, no so much. The current design would be a lot better if they just reworked the lines coming up the front so it didn't look almost like an apron.

I hate the the apron stripes so much, wouldn't want any sign they were ever there. I really liked the stripes on the burgundy thirds, and these are similar to that.

re: MacDonald-- It could've been far worse, at least he didn't get a NTC. Not excited by the signing, but it isn't crippling. It just guarantees that we'll see some kind of offseason move. Hopefully it's just shipping Grossman out for some kind of pick and bringing Timonen back for a last year (if he'll do it for a low cap hit. Maybe something with bonuses?) It could signal shipping Luke out, though, who I assume they'd package with Brayden for a better return. Hopefully Hextall is involved in whatever ends up happening.

On a positive note, it sounds like Ghost will be making his decision today. I'm thinking he'll sign, practice with the Black Aces during the playoffs and join the Phantoms for conditioning year next season.

It's a really beautiful place, though 19 & 21 would have you believe it's full of yuppies, hippies and hipsters. I like the town though, come join us in the light, 19 & 21.

I always enjoy driving through Boulder. The best part is getting out of there though, too many people in a condensed area and too many goddamn bike lanes to deal with.

Also I don't dislike the logo but I think it could stand an update. I think the biggest thing holding back a jersey redesign is the logo being dated. Too bulky, awkward shape.

I always enjoy driving through Boulder. The best part is getting out of there though, too many people in a condensed area and too many goddamn bike lanes to deal with.

Also I don't dislike the logo but I think it could stand an update. I think the biggest thing holding back a jersey redesign is the logo being dated. Too bulky, awkward shape.

Thirdjerseyconcept.png

This could be a cool secondary logo I think.

ShaneB

I'd love Colorado as well, always amazed at the photos people post of their views from their homes.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe they still have to discuss PK as being a team player. Fuck TSN.

I wish somebody would ask these people when does making him a "team player" mean stripping away everything that makes him great at hockey. I'm so pissed everyone in the media are buying into Therrien's shit.

Acid08

Banned
LeBrun picked against us :( first time in years he hasn't picked the Sharks to win a round. Just cancel the series.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wish somebody would ask these people when does making him a "team player" mean stripping away everything that makes him great at hockey. I'm so pissed everyone in the media are buying into Therrien's shit.

Drives me crazy. Probably the main reason I want Therein to go, unfortunately we are stuck with him for at least another year.

LX_Theo

Banned
I actually like the jersey design of this one, but dat logo/helm.. lol

Eh... A lot of the redesign logos for the Avs are sort of shit. Some of better ones, bar the choice of blue on the first one.

Avalanche.png

Avalanche.png

Even those are more reimaginings of the current one than anything.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV says he expects Brassard to be good to go for Game 1. Crisis (hopefully) averted.

Brassard was a PPG player last year in the playoffs, 12 pts in 12 games.

I think the snipers are really hard to use in this game. I haven't used the Kraber yet but you had to use the other sniper in one of the regen requirements and shit was unbearable til I got the AOG scope for it. Even then it was still pretty hard. Gimme the R-101C or CAR SMG all day though

CAR and B3 Wingman, everything else is irrelevant. Actually hopped on a little bit yesterday since I haven't played in a good while, took me a game to find my groove again but it was fun. I actually enjoy playing campaign when I'm by myself, I now understand the story finally too.

It's kind of hard for a lot of people to use because you have to lead shots. I know my friends that exclusively played Call of Duty before Titanfall had trouble with it.

Carbine or DMR or Compact SMG are the way to go breh.

I'm just using it to get the easy XP before going to Gen 3. Seems fine to me. Not a fan of the CAR. I've been killing it with the first SMG though.

Top Bottom