• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Lines today at practice were:

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Wingels-Pavelski-Havlat
Torres-Desjardins-Brown

Fifth line made up of Kearns, Sheppard, and Kennedy were skating too. Only tinkering I'd do is switch Nieto/Havlat and put Sheppard in over Brown. Otherwise pretty great stuff.

Love Mike Brown. How's he been for you guys lately?
whatcanbrowndoforyou.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I fear to think what kind of nastiness Torres is planning to get him suspended again this playoffs.
Eh, that hit last year wasn't even particularly nasty. Poorly timed though.

Love Mike Brown. How's he been for you guys lately?
whatcanbrowndoforyou.jpg
Mike Brown works his ass off every shift which is awesome. He hits hard and wins most of his fights. He's a little bit better at hockey than I would have expected but he's still just more suited to play his role than anything else. But for what he brings he's great.

Curufinwe

Took some time today and get my phone all set for the playoffs.

I present to you why Android is awesome:

dIuvc3J.jpg

Nz9mOY2.jpg

Just gotta figure out how to get the weather widget that I'm using to display in F and not C.

Looks cool, but I still prefer the Persona weather app on the IPhone.

Acid08

Banned
You spent last week going off about Avs players running Sharks and you're going to start defending Torres hit?
Didn't know a Torres hit last season doesn't let me complain about Bordeleau elbowing one of our players in the head(who is now out with his second "upper body injury"of the season).

Cat Party

You spent last week going off about Avs players running Sharks and you're going to start defending Torres hit?
I don't remember many people agreeing with the NHL on that hit. Sharks fans are acutely aware of his past, but as far as I'm concerned, he's evolved his game. Same can't be said for other players.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't remember many people agreeing with the NHL on that hit. Sharks fans are acutely aware of his past, but as far as I'm concerned, he's evolved his game. Same can't be said for other players.
Well he got suspended for it, so you'd be wrong on that and lol @ him evolving his game, he's played 16 games as a Shark with a 5 game suspension in there. It's just funny watching people rant about guys like this but as soon as he's on your team, the things he does aren't nearly as bad. The guy is human waste.

LX_Theo

Banned
Do I even have to avatar quote here?
lol, no. You can't honestly compare being a fan of multiple teams to the typical sports hypocrisy of ignoring/trying to justifying bs or potentially dangerous plays only when its your team that does it.

Curufinwe

I just used this one because it fit the color scheme best. Not sure I've ever seen the iPhone one.

I only heard about it when the creator posted about it in the Giant Bomb thread a while ago. It's unofficial but has lots of the music from P3 and P4 so its really nice to have if you're a fan of the games.

Damn, it got shut down and is no longer available.

Well he got suspended for it, so you'd be wrong on that and lol @ him evolving his game, he's played 16 games as a Shark with a 5 game suspension in there. It's just funny watching people rant about guys like this but as soon as he's on your team, the things he does aren't nearly as bad. The guy is human waste.

Agreed, Torres is one of the worst players in the NHL.

It's all good guys, Bordeleau got dealt with Hertl style at the end of the game. #BoardEmHertl

ibfci0K6864koY.jpg

Acid08

Banned
You're full of shit, trying to paint us as making tons of excuses for Torres and what he's done in the past. General consensus was that the length of the suspension was ridiculous, not the fact that he was suspended at all. But yeah suddenly the DOPS got it right when it's a player you don't like.

Red_Man

You're full of shit, trying to paint us as making tons of excuses for Torres and what he's done in the past. General consensus was that the length of the suspension was ridiculous, not the fact that he was suspended at all. But yeah suddenly the DOPS got it right when it's a player you don't like.
You just said :

Eh, that hit last year wasn't even particularly nasty. Poorly timed though.

Implying it was bad timing and wasn't really dirty. General consensus? From who? This is a scumbag player that's repeatedly made reckless plays threatening other players and you're making it sound like I'm the only one who doesn't like him? Everyone hates him including you until you guys signed him:

Holy shit what a fucking jump by Torres. Dirty piece of shit.

Torres was one win away from having his name on the Cup last year.

Yet another reason to be happy the Nucks lost.

While I'm glad Torres can't try to end anyone else's career these playoffs, Shanahan is still a fool.

He's made some awful, nasty hits. The one in the playoffs last season was not one of those. That's all we're saying.

It's a little different than that though, Acid (and many others as well) have said some things about Torres over the years, including when he initially got traded to the Sharks, that make me scratch my head when things happen like a few weeks ago it seemed like he was content having him on roster because he works hard and plays well with the rest of the team. Considering how much shit he talks about anyone who lays a dirty hit in this league, with Torres being one of the most prolific shitbags still in the league, the extra mile to argue that point you guys are making right now is odd is all.

Acid08

Banned
It's really weird seeing Acid go to bat for a guy like Torres.
I'm not making excuses for anything he has done, but that hit last year wasn't up to the lofty standards he set for himself in the past. And there were lots of people on this board that were talking the same way.

You just said :

Implying it was bad timing and wasn't really dirty. General consensus? From who? This is a scumbag player that's repeatedly made reckless plays threatening other players and you're making it sound like I'm the only one who doesn't like him? Everyone hates him including you until you guys signed him:
General consensus in this thread. And yeah, I hated the way Torres played. Still remember his hit on Michalek when he was with Edmonton. But sure if you feel like the Stoll hit and the Hossa hit are anyway comparable, please say so. And what's the point of constantly lamenting the fact that he's on the team? Wasn't my decision to trade for him. Though I did HATE the trade when DW first made it.

And lol @ I'm making it sound like you're the only one who doesn't like him. I'm talking to you right?

Acid08

Banned
And here's a conversation we recently had, Red!

Easy to get the puck off a guy when he's unconscious I guess

Hurr durr but really, he is a very useful third liner. Has better hands than you'd expect too.

I'm just teasing, Bergevin wanted to go after him apparently, would have been better than that brain dead ape Parros.

Apparently you wouldn't mind having Torres on your team! Sports hypocrisy!

Red_Man

General consensus in this thread. And yeah, I hated the way Torres played. Still remember his hit on Michalek when he was with Edmonton. But sure if you feel like the Stoll hit and the Hossa hit are anyway comparable, please say so. And what's the point of constantly lamenting the fact that he's on the team? Wasn't my decision to trade for him. Though I did HATE the trade when DW first made it.
I never compared the Stoll hit to the hit on Hossa, but the Stoll hit is still dirty and he's still a piece of shit. You don't have to lament the fact he's on your team now, it just seems odd to defend a guy who you've vocally trashed, and a guy who is one of the most reckless and dangerous players in the league.

Apparently you wouldn't mind having Torres on your team! Sports hypocrisy!
Saying he's better than Parros is now wanting him on my team? Try twisting my words more, you know who is better than Parros? A piece of wood, saying he would have been better than Parros because he can actually play the game of hockey isn't me wishing he was on the team. I don't want either on my team ever, the fact Parros is even on this team is a joke.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys hear about the stabbing in Calgary. A guy stabbed and killed 5 people at a house party last night celebrating the end of the university semester. Pretty messed up and not much details yet.

ShaneB

Did you guys hear about the stabbing in Calgary. A guy stabbed and killed 5 people at a house party last night celebrating the end of the university semester. Pretty messed up and not much details yet.

Yeah, saw this on the news just before I left work. This is why I don't watch the news =(

MacAttack

Being stabbed to death might be one of the worst ways to go. Sick fuck whoever did that.

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and families affected by this.

Hahaha

Strombone ‏@strombone1 2m

690 PLAYERS 30 TEAMS 14 QUALIFIERS BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOAL ONE NIGHT ONLY #weliveforthis #nhldraftlottery

I only heard about it when the creator posted about it in the Giant Bomb thread a while ago. It's unofficial but has lots of the music from P3 and P4 so its really nice to have if you're a fan of the games.

Damn, it got shut down and is no longer available.

As in Persona? Doesn't matter since I don't have an iPhone, but how does a weather widget use music? :lol

Curufinwe

I'll probably get it later in the year on the PS4.

And cool, Curf. Wonder why it was taken down. Copyright?

Seems like it. The creator just said he had to take it down. I didn't know that it had been removed from iTunes till after I mentioned it today, so sorry for getting anyone's hopes up.

Top Bottom