• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Mii

Banned
I am so getting Bruins-Habs tickets. I'm so fucking pumped for this. My last playoff season in Boston and hopefully I get to attend a game in one of the most storied playoff rivalries. I don't care what the cost is, I need to do this.

So fucking pumped.

Sanjuro

I am so getting Bruins-Habs tickets. I'm so fucking pumped for this. My last playoff season in Boston and hopefully I get to attend a game in one of the most storied playoff rivalries. I don't care what the cost is, I need to do this.

So fucking pumped.

Perfect timing. Definitely enjoy it.

I need to head to the Hub and take in a game as well, but I've been fighting the pricing all year long. Buy me a ticket and I'll be the guy in the Pooh Bear sweater giving tours!

LX_Theo

Banned
Been there done that. It's not the worst. The worst is when players get intentionally injured and nothing comes of it.

I can agree with that. Games come and go. Its not like it was an elimination game, either. There's still games to play and ways to rebound from it.

I still feel like fuming over Cooke.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
OMG. Glenn Healy is fucking dumb.
Did you guys watch that?

Basically:

*clip of some LA Kings walking into the rink with smiles on their faces*
Healy: Look at these guys. They're excited to play! That's why they won tonight.
*clip of some SJ Sharks walking into the rink with stoic expressions*
Healy: And this is why the Sharks lost tonight. Come on guys, look at the camera. Can you look up? They weren't enthusiastic about this game and that's why they lost.

PS: Brent Burns' formal-desert-storm look is both hilarious and AWESOME! :lol
tumblr_n4l27h5FEn1sao59co2_250.gif
tumblr_n4l27h5FEn1sao59co1_250.gif

tumblr_n4l27h5FEn1sao59co3_250.gif
tumblr_n4l27h5FEn1sao59co4_250.gif

MacKinnon is a treat to watch, he's so dynamic he can do just about anything. Sounds like we'll find out if Duchene plays in game 6 tomorrow.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

So fucking pumped.
You must do what is necessary.

850216456.gif

Also was this posted?

8mUYaVW.jpg

From reddit:
2013 Round 1 Blues vs. Kings (defending Stanley Cup champions) Game 1: Alex Steen scored game-winning goal in OT. Game 2: Barret Jackman scored game-winning goal. Game 3: Blues outshot Kings by nine, get shut out. Game 4. Blues blew 3-2 lead late in third period, lost 4-3. Game 5: Alex Pietrangelo scored game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Jaden Schwartz), Blues lost 3-2 in OT. Game 6: Blues lost 2-1, eliminated from playoffs

2014 Round 1 Blues vs. Blackhawks (defending Stanley Cup champions) Game 1: Steen scored game-winning goal in OT. Game 2: Jackman scored game-winning goal. Game 3: Blues outshot Blackhawks by nine, get shut out. Game 4: Blues blew 3-2 lead late in third period, lost 4-3. Game 5: Pietrangelo scored game-tying goal (his first of the playoffs, assisted by Schwartz), Blues lost 3-2 in OT. Game 6: ???

Jachaos

We'll win the series, but I wanted us to get some more rest and avoid a Vlasic injury. Hopefully it's not long term because I'm not really comfortable with our defense if it only consists of Demers, Braun, Boyle, Hannan, Stuart and Irwin.

Our defense has forever been our weak-point, we've never really had a star studded D that wins championships like Chicago's Keith-Seabrook-Campbell-Hjalmarsson-Sopel-etc. and all that. Without Vlasic, it's really up to them playing well in a system because otherwise it's not too impressive. Maybe have Burns back on defense and have Hertl-Thornton-Havlat instead. It's really not ideal as I love Burns at forward but if we don't have Vlasic for an extended period of time, it's really our only option...

Marvie_3

Banned
SJ knows who to blame for this loss:

BmMxjpzIgAARFSg.jpg

Kriss Kross reunion?

We'll win the series, but I wanted us to get some more rest and avoid a Vlasic injury. Hopefully it's not long term because I'm not really comfortable with our defense if it only consists of Demers, Braun, Boyle, Hannan, Stuart and Irwin.

Our defense has forever been our weak-point, we've never really had a star studded D that wins championships like Chicago's Keith-Seabrook-Campbell-Hjalmarsson-Sopel-etc. and all that. Without Vlasic, it's really up to them playing well in a system because otherwise it's not too impressive. Maybe have Burns back on defense and have Hertl-Thornton-Havlat instead. It's really not ideal as I love Burns at forward but if we don't have Vlasic for an extended period of time, it's really our only option...
One of these players is not like the others.....

Razorskin

----- ------

:lol Sopel

Acid08

Banned

None of our dmen besides Vlasic are playing well right now unfortunately. Demers and Boyle especially have been playing like idiots. Stuart and Hannan are just old and slow. Irwin is bipolar. No getting around it, no Vlasic makes our D very, very suspect.

Totally against moving Burns back to D though. He was never very good there for us and has been way more valuable as a forward. That isn't going to change.

Niemi getting consecutive pulls earns Stalock the next start too. There's no way he can be worse and his puck moving skills may actually be very beneficial.

Not at all convinced we'll win this series.

Jachaos

None of our dmen besides Vlasic are playing well right now unfortunately. Demers and Boyle especially have been playing like idiots. Stuart and Hannan are just old and slow. Irwin is bipolar. No getting around it, no Vlasic makes our D very, very suspect.

Totally against moving Burns back to D though. He was never very good there for us and has been way more valuable as a forward. That isn't going to change.

Niemi getting consecutive pulls earns Stalock the next start too. There's no way he can be worse and his puck moving skills may actually be very beneficial.

Not at all convinced we'll win this series.

Agreed Burns has been much more useful on offense but I guess we'll have to have faith in the coaching staff and players to play in a strong defensive system and to hope that Stalock's puck playing and rebound control puts a bit less stress on the defense.

I'm not 100% sure we win anymore with the Vlasic injury, but I very much doubt LA wins 4 playoff games in a row and wins twice in a row in San Jose.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's time to start believing again.
Flashbacks of Pens-age garbage here.....

Well Sopel was solid on the third pair from what I recall. I know he's not in the same league as the four others but he was a decent D on their squad from what I remember that year.
That's because that team was stacked. Sopel made a few decent plays and stole my heart but there were some very nervous moments with him on the ice.

Acid08

Banned
Agreed Burns has been much more useful on offense but I guess we'll have to have faith in the coaching staff and players to play in a strong defensive system and to hope that Stalock's puck playing and rebound control puts a bit less stress on the defense.

I'm not 100% sure we win anymore with the Vlasic injury, but I very much doubt LA wins 4 playoff games in a row and wins twice in a row in San Jose.
I have faith that the coaching staff is telling the players all the right things. Just have to wonder how much the players are capable of executing now that LA are playing well. I see no reason why Mike Brown is still in. That line has been horribly inconsistent at best since the first two games. Quit fucking around with Sheppard on the third line and moving Pavelski up and down the lineup. Will also help when Wingels decides to start making plays with the puck instead of running around trying to hit everything.

Hertl-Jumbo-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto/Havlat
Torres-Pavelski-Nieto/Wingels/Havlat
Sheppard-Desjardins-Havlat/Wingels

Shorks :(

He never does. The piece of shit.

FUCKING REFS
LA is finally playing their game and suddenly our #1 defenseman gets concussed. Coincidence?

Top Bottom