• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that was offsides in the Minny game, but I can see how the ref could've missed that.

Holy. Shit. 19 & 21, I am fucking jealous. Fucking jealous that there seems to be a budding Crosby on your team.

Wow that was offsides in the Minny game, but I can see how the ref could've missed that.

Holy. Shit. 19 & 21, I am fucking jealous. Fucking jealous that there seems to be a budding Crosby on your team.

MacKinnon kind of got over shadowed because of McDavid. Though I don't know if MacKinnon will ever be Crosby-tier, but if he turns it on in the playoffs like this I'll be ecstatic.

huxley00

I'm really happy with how the Wild played tonight and the past few games. There were some tough calls tonight...overall, I think if the keep doing what they are doing we are going to see 7 games or a series win, great hockey.

I don't think you can blame the linesman for the offsides call, he had his view blocked by MacKinnon so he couldn't see it was offsides. In the grand scheme of things, whether it was offsides or not doesn't matter. I did think it was offsides, but breaks like this happen in a 7 game series. Parenteau was called for offsides in game 2 when it clearly wasn't offsides.

offsides

Also, what do you guys think of the players coming out of Juniors?

Socreges

Banned
I don't think you can blame the linesman for the offsides call, he had his view blocked by MacKinnon so he couldn't see it was offsides. In the grand scheme of things, whether it was offsides or not doesn't matter. I did think it was offsides, but breaks like this happen in a 7 game series. Parenteau was called for offsides in game 2 when it clearly wasn't offsides.
1393692418448.gif

Jachaos

Hertl-Jumbo-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto/Havlat
Torres-Pavelski-Nieto/Wingels/Havlat
Sheppard-Desjardins-Havlat/Wingels

I'm down for that, Torres-Pavelski-Havlat worked wonders last year and Wingels with Desjardins and Sheppard should be good as a 4th line. I'm sure the 2nd line will bounce back, or at least Couture will, I don't know if Marleau is on the downswing of his eternal great/shitty/great/shitty cycle.

Vman

Landedkog should be suspended next game for a min if 3 games for pushing that official btw if the nhl wants to follow the rules

That "ugly bastard" is currently separated from his four young children, one of which has recently been diagnosed with dysgraphia, and getting divorced from his wife.

I saw something like this on Wikipedia or somewhere and was confused, and even more confused that you mentioned it too. Where did you hear this?

Vman

You thought Cooke shouldn't be suspended but Landy should get a few games for that? lol

its an auto suspension per nhl rules

"Any player who, by his actions, physically demeans an official or physically threatens an official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an official, spitting at or in the general direction of an official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games."

"Any player who deliberately applies physical force in any manner against an official, in any manner attempts to injure an official, physically demeans, or deliberately applies physical force to an official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an official during or immediately following an altercation shall receive a game misconduct penalty. In addition, the following (40.2, 40.3, 40.4) disciplinary penalties shall apply."

"Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games."

Vman

Oh yeah, truly a menace.
ibhNdt4LJQetey.gif

To recap, ^ suspension worthy to Vman, a Wild fan.
849456007.gif

Not suspension worth to Vman, a Wild fan.

Cooke got what he deserved. I believe I said if not for his past it should only be a couple games. And that video of landeskog clearly lines up with the nhl's rules.

The Matt Cooke factor in full effect. Should be a game or two but will be many more due to his rep even though he's not a repeat offender as considered by the league. IN person hearing btw.

Doubt cooke gets suspended. Was at game guy jumped away
Huh. So here you are saying he won't get suspended because it was somehow Barrie's fault. Pardon if I was getting mixed messages.
Well, it's hard to argue that the push doesn't technically break that rule. It is a pretty weak push though.
That's my point. It happened right after a weak ass call was made and Landy was pissed. Heat of the moment made him do something stupid and completely harmless oh noes.

Simian Mobile in the desert under the stars was dope as hell, fellas. Wish their set was longer, but dope as hell. Can't wait to hear how the album they recorded sounds mastered.

Gonna watch the game when I get back, but the Stoll hit looks unquestionably bad. Suspension bad. I don't think he'll catch one, but he should. I hope Vlasic is alright.

I have hope for this series. If this goes seven I see the Kings winning. I would consider this entire postseason a success if that happens.

Cooke got what he deserved. I believe I said if not for his past it should only be a couple games. And that video of landeskog clearly lines up with the nhl's rules.

Jesus fucking christ, go watch flag football and cheerleading if you think that deserves a suspension.

And this is coming from the same guy who defended a blatant knee from a known shithead who should be banned from the league.

Don't give me the "b-but the rules say so!" shit either. That isn't worth three games and you're watching the wrong sport if you think it is.

Vman

I hadn't seen the replay as i was in a car. I can see how you'd be confused. My b.

Jesus fucking christ, go watch flag football and cheerleading if you think that deserves a suspension.

And this is coming from the same guy who defended a blatant knee from a known shithead who should be banned from the league.

Don't give me the "b-but the rules say so!" shit either. That isn't worth three games and you're watching the wrong sport if you think it is.

The rules are the rules. In the NFL/NBA they toss you for that.

Double post my bad!

someone tell seguin to get some points ffs!

May not be registering tons of pts.. But possession is always high when he is on the ice. Pretty apparent if you watch the games.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Anaheim-Has-a-Tyler-Seguin-Problem/134/59643

The rules are the rules. In the NFL/NBA they toss you for that.

Double post my bad!

I've seen far far worse in the NHL that goes unpunished. Especially during fights when they are trying to break players up and they are still reaching or accidently smack a ref in the head reaching over. It's hockey. It's the playoffs. Slight frustration etc will always happen.

Also seen that type of shit in NFL where refs get knocked down trying to break stuff or get knocked over. Refs in MLB sit there and go nose to nose with managers.. Sometimes they don't even eject people :\

Acid08

Banned
Simian Mobile in the desert under the stars was dope as hell, fellas. Wish their set was longer, but dope as hell. Can't wait to hear how the album they recorded sounds mastered.

Gonna watch the game when I get back, but the Stoll hit looks unquestionably bad. Suspension bad. I don't think he'll catch one, but he should. I hope Vlasic is alright.

I have hope for this series. If this goes seven I see the Kings winning. I would consider this entire postseason a success if that happens.
He's not alright, he's concussed. Already sounds like he's ruled out for Game 6. I'm not expecting a suspension either, which is horseshit. Hope to be surprised though. Our D was weak enough as it is with Stuart, Demers, and Boyle all playing like crap. Thornton, Burns, and Couture all need to raise their games too. Fucking hate this series.

Top Bottom