• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon Rangers, let's wrap this up. Please don't make me go to the Garden tomorrow. I want the credit for that ticket for the next round!

I never thought AV had a "killer instinct" with the Canucks. Always seemed to do things the hard way.
Then he's got the right team for that!

Acid08

Banned
He's said he's tired of moving every year to new teams at the beginning of the season and at the deadline. Dude just wants to chill with his money.
He has played for what, four teams over the past couple years? Can definitely see him wanting to stay put. Just wonder what it is about the Devils he likes. Maybe the responsibility? He's definitely one of their top players which is kinda crazy.

Quick

Banned
I wonder why Jagr likes playing for the Devils so much.

Acid, my man, let me clean up your avatar.

idY3xvNohsOJI.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He has played for what, four teams over the past couple year? Can definitely see him wanting to stay put. Just wonder what it is about the Devils he likes. Maybe the responsibility? He's definitely one of their top players which is kinda crazy.
He's said lots of good things about the team and the players, guess he just fits in there. Sucks I'll never see him on a regular line with Plekanec.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Omg, Cool!!!!

This post goes with that avatar so well. :D

Really, it's just a reminder that most of the team is younger than me at this point. Kind of disturbing, really. I'm still supposed to want to be able to be a player when I grow up!

EDIT: Holy fuck, there are only 4 Rangers older than me. That's fucking depressing.

Acid08

Banned
He's said lots of good things about the team and the players, guess he just fits in there. Sucks I'll never see him on a regular line with Plekanec.
Wish the Sharks could get him to mentor Hertl, he'd be a way better Czech mentor than Havlat :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did Hartnell just say "We need to get to the net and not get booed tonight"? Haha

http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-thornton-has-run-ins-brown-quick

After being hit, knee-on-knee by Joe Thornton, Dustin Brown points out that those hits are mostly just unfortunate accidents (unless Matt Cooke delivers them, because no one thinks the game faster and more nefariously than he): “That stuff happens. That is why I think a lot of people watching the game think he is a dirty player, I made a move and he acted on it. That play happens all the time.”

Classic Dustin Brown.

Roflobear

Is it me or did MSG change their font for the time left in the period? Looks harder to read for some reason

Edit: Never mind, it's fixed

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TSN with some Nash bashing. Dudes stats are soooooo unclutch in the yoffs.

Nash has played well for most of this series, which is something you could not say about his game in the playoffs last year, that's for sure.

Dude still needs to start scoring goals, though.

The Brass line, so good.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I really hope that the Saturday start time for B's-Habs is somehow wrong. 12:30pm is fucking unacceptable. This is the fucking playoffs.

Stasis

Dominance.

Keep it up. Pls no standard "run the game for 10 minutes and let first opposing shot in" we've seen so often.

edit: Like on this PP. =/

Sanjuro

LOL!

Too late. Besides, this is one I'd like to date rather than just bang.

REALLLLLY sucks though that Game 1 is the same night :(

I've just been in bang mode. Basically means I can drag then to sports bars like an oaf.

I do find it interesting the scheduling is as much of a US vs. Canada battle than the actual hockey.

vatstep

Flyers/Rangers game 5 was at 12:00 pm this past Sunday. This is an improvement!
Sunday matinees are much more reasonable, though; lots of us are conditioned to be at home watching sports around that time anyway. Saturdays, though? Aww naw, hell naw.

YES GO FLYERS!

Stasis

There we go. God can we please FINISH ever? It's so frustrating in this series especially.

We've been so much better for so many long stretches it's infuriating to even give up the first goal, let alone lose this game, or *shudder* the series.

Top Bottom