• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

I only just realized this but I think there's more Flyers + Rangers fans in this thread than there are of any of the other 7 first round matchups

That's because they're the coolest. And by "they" I mean the Flyers.

On a related note: Today may very well likely be my least productive day of the year.

Let's go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curufinwe

game-of-thrones-20110623041105320.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYR/PHI at PIT Game 1 is Friday, to no one's surprise. Game 2 on Sunday.

So PIT's opponent will have played:

Sunday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Friday
Sunday

ShaneB

From what I've heard--drunk Rangers fan makes remarks (someone on HFboards said there were some very Smelly-words about Simmonds included,) Security dragged the Rangers asshole out, he flails about and hits a Flyers fan on the way.

Flyers fans then begin their reaction.

From what I've heard--drunk Rangers fan makes remarks (someone on HFboards said there were some very Smelly-words about Simmonds included,) Security dragged the Rangers asshole out, he flails about and hits a Flyers fan on the way.

Flyers fans then begin their reaction.

I guess Red knows where his blackface isn't welcome.

Stasis

My ideal sequence if the rangers lose tonight...

Flyers over pens.
Habs over Boston.
Unsure of who over who in flyers/Habs, prolly flyers.
Winner loses to whoever wins west.

I can live with this if were out.

Also I want cam talbot to play tonight. Yep. It won't happen, but I want it to. Blablabla Hank needs the game to get his groove back, he's the starter, blabla. Idc. Cam inspires more confidence lately. It'd be a fun story too.

Sanjuro

This is why you don't sit in the nosebleeds.

What animals though, your team won. What a joke.

Nosebleeds are fine, most modern stadiums they provide the best view.

That is why you don't act like a fool in hostile territory.

I am curious why the ushers ate the ones ejecting the fans. Around here, the cops are brought in to deal with anything like that.

Nosebleeds are fine, most modern stadiums they provide the best view.

That is why you don't act like a fool in hostile territory.

Sometimes you don't even have to act like a fool. I sat in the (formerly) 300s at MSG for a Leafs Rangers game and my gf at the time and I didn't do anything considered foolish, we just sat there and cheered when the Leafs scored. But for some reason during play, just sitting there warranted someone throwing shit at my gf and I.

Sanjuro

Sometimes you don't even have to act like a fool. I sat in the (formerly) 300s at MSG for a Leafs Rangers game and my gf at the time and I didn't do anything considered foolish, we just sat there and cheered when the Leafs scored. But for some reason during play, just sitting there warranted someone throwing shit at my gf and I.

Yeah, things happen. I've had a couple incidents, but never directly from sitting at the game.

I love away games and interacting with the opposing fans. Same when they come to town.

Giggzy

I don't think there's a bad seat in the house @ Honda Center. I usually sit in the 400 sections. Although, you can't quite appreciate the speed and physicality of the game like you can sitting closer to the glass.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't think there's a bad seat in the house @ Honda Center. I usually sit in the 400 sections. Although, you can't quite appreciate the speed and physicality of the game like you can sitting closer to the glass.

Had season tickets at the goal end of the 400 section for over ten years, and then started splurging on tickets in the other sections all over the arena in recent years since I don't have the kind of schedule that allows me to go to all that many games anymore. I can definitely confirm that those good old 400 section seats weren't any worse than seats in any other area as far as seeing and enjoying the game goes. But, as you said, the game gets more intense the closer you are to the ice, and that alone is worth the extra money.

Top Bottom