• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Sanjuro

Yup 12:30, you can thank NBC for that.

Wells Fargo Center's pretty great even when you're practically scraping your head against the ceiling. Verizon Center's less so, in my experience. They're the only 2 arenas I've been to recently.

If you ever end up at the TD Garden, don't fear the balcony seats. They are really great. I think one game a few years ago I was up against the wall and I could see everything.

I guess if you have vision problems, then maybe they aren't the best, but I know how to follow the puck pretty well.

Giggzy

Had season tickets at the goal end of the 400 section for over ten years, and then started splurging on tickets in the other sections all over the arena in recent years since I don't have the kind of schedule that allows me to go to all that many games anymore. I can definitely confirm that those good old 400 section seats weren't any worse than seats in any other area as far as seeing and enjoying the game goes. But, as you said, the game gets more intense the closer you are to the ice, and that alone is worth the extra money.

I had season tickets in section 425 a couple years ago. Worth it just for the flying sheep!

Clydefrog

I couldn’t sleep last night! I went to bed early at like 10:30 PM… but woke up at 2:30 AM with nary a chance of falling back asleep. Tossing and turning, I decided to just go watch some TV on the couch. I watched an hour of some Africa documentary like that Planet Earth series. Blind catfish eat bat droppings in an ancient lake underneath the Kalahari Desert. A wussy spider does cartwheels down the sand dunes to escape death from a small wasp. Baby ostriches are so KAWAII

capture1sdfoa.jpg

capture2dhcha.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
I couldn’t sleep last night! I went to bed early at like 10:30 PM… but woke up at 2:30 AM with nary a chance of falling back asleep. Tossing and turning, I decided to just go watch some TV on the couch. I watched an hour of some Africa documentary like that Planet Earth series. Blind catfish eat bat droppings in an ancient lake underneath the Kalahari Desert. A wussy spider does cartwheels down the sand dunes to escape death from a small wasp. Baby ostriches are so KAWAII

capture1sdfoa.jpg

capture2dhcha.jpg

I had no idea that baby ostriches looked like duck heads growing out of mini porcupines.

Giggzy

I love those documentaries. Anything narrated by David Attenborough is amazing. Those shows are the only TV I watch besides hockey and the occasional TV series (although I usually wait until the season is over so I can binge watch).

Stasis

Aren't NYR 5-0 at home in Game 7's? You should be confident.

Yes but we're also 0-12 when leading a series. I feel like that cancels this out.

Also, would you be confident in current Lundqvist and/or no-goal Nash? At least Giroux and Simmonds stepped up. Our dudes aren't. Hell I have more faith in Mason stealing a game than Hank.

I hate to be hating on him, but he's just been floppy this year. On and off, not what we're used to. I realize it can't always be all him, but fuck...

calder

TSN doesn't allow you to watch videos now unless you have Bell or Rogers

lol

All part of their plan to make you as furious as possible when they've preempted a game for the Raptors and double overtime of a midget tournament. This way their constant "don't worry, you can watch the start of this critical Stanley Cup playoffs game 5 on TSN.ca!" messages ensure no one misses them next year at all.

TSN is probably just sad they can't troll idiot hockey viewers expecting to - chuckle - see both playoff games on TV by suggesting they switch to a channel only a few thousand people have.

Acid08

Banned
Richards, Williams, and Gaborik are 4-0 in Game 7. Carter is 2-0. Not sure if it's actually possible for us to get more fucked.

Clydefrog

Richards, Williams, and Gaborik are 4-0 in Game 7. Carter is 2-0. Not sure if it's actually possible for us to get more fucked.

I think Williams has like 5 goals in four game 7's. Torres knew this in the dying minutes of game 6 when he tried to take him out.

ShaneB

TSN doesn't allow you to watch videos now unless you have Bell or Rogers

lol

Bunch of nonsense. =/ Oh well. I never used tsn.ca much anyway.

Also, results I'm hoping for tonight..

Please win Sharks...

The Avs moving on would be much more entertaining, but the Wild are proving they're a fun team to watch if given the right opponent, so I'm pretty indifferent there.

I picked the Rangers to win, but Flyers/Penguins is far more interesting.

Think I'm going to head out for a hike around 2 or 3 to keep my nervousness from boiling over.

I think Williams has like 5 goals in four game 7's. Torres knew this in the dying minutes of game 6 when he tried to take him out.

The legend of clutch ass Justin Williams has a shot at rising to monumental proportions tonight.

Acid08

Banned
Despite knowing better, I have high hopes for this game. I think Niemi is going to be the difference. In a good way, for a change.
All we can hope for is that he has a fire under him after getting yanked twice and riding the bench in Game 6. He usually responds pretty well.

Top Bottom