• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

UberTag

Kudos to MacAttack for being the only guy on NHL GAF to call the entire 1st round perfectly. His bid for a perfect bracket remains intact.
He's got Boston beating Anaheim in the Finals so clearly he's got some insight into how the future shall play out.

Razorskin and InvaderZimmer are behind him with 7 picks correct.

Holiday

Banned
th
If you're gonna spew, spew into this.

Montresor

Habs/Bruins

Pens/Rangers

Ducks/Kings

Hawks/Wild

The only team there that hasn't won a Cup in the past 20 or so years is Minnesota. Hell of those winners everyone besides Habs and Rangers won very recently. Go Wild!!!

RC

Banned
No one's taking that choking crown away from San Jose, jeez. Damn shame the Queens advanced.

And speaking of upsets, I never dreamed Monny would advance. What a series though.

Sharks-Age that was a fucking amazing series. The Sharks easily deserve to win it, and I know Vlasic being out was a huge factor. Your team is great and honestly I don't think any changes need to be made to it. Any other year, any other set of circumstances. Seriously.

I think we can all agree that the new playoff format is fucking murder for the Pacific, and that we're in for more of this going forward. The Sharks shouldn't have gone out this early. They might have been the best team in the league this year.

/Islanders

Wasn't too surprised to see Minnesota take it. Their goaltending is a big question mark going forward though with Kuemper hurt.

Comparing SJ to Anaheim, they're pretty similar teams. Ducks may be weaker in forward depth though. Kings have a lot of momentum too.

Ducks are rolling 4 solid lines of O. They're names you don't know though.

Boudreaus Ducks, man.

Mii

Banned
"You can't sell this as a championship team anymore in San Jose"

There is going to be some serious changes.

"They fooled the San Jose fans for 9 years"

We didn't deserve to win this series. Figures we'd get another embarrassing failure under our belt. We get to be lumped up with the three other teams who blew a 3-0 lead.

Montresor

I hope it's Canadiens and Wild in the Cup final. Habs can make the final to embarrass the fuck out of pathetic Leafs management. Wild can win their first one.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks-Age that was a fucking amazing series. The Sharks easily deserve to win it, and I know Vlasic being out was a huge factor. Your team is great and honestly I don't think any changes need to be made to it. Any other year, any other set of circumstances. Seriously.

I think we can all agree that the new playoff format is fucking murder for the Pacific, and that we're in for more of this going forward. The Sharks shouldn't have gone out this early. They might have been the best team in the league this year.
Our entire defense needs an overhaul. And maybe a new coach.

boxter432

Amazing that the Wild take out the number 1 seed. And the Kings come back from 0-3 in the series in the same exact night.
I went 6-2 in the first round. I'll take it. Not sure if anyone on GAF swept with that big Wild upset locked in.

Avs were not the #1 seed.

Tabris

See that Holmgren? Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are the first players to twice come back down 0-3 to win a fucking series. You know who showed up in Game 7, they did not the sorry excuse of players you got instead of them. Congrats to Richards and Carter for always showing what a fucked up mistake Holmgren made.

To be fair, didn't Wayne Simmonds score a hat trick last game?

Classless Avs fans cheering for Kuemper to leave the ice for medical attention.

What a shit franchise. Shit fanbase. Shit state.

Am I doing it right?

Not even remotely close. Shitbag Wild fans booing an injured Benoit on the ice, excited Avs fans cheering a goaltending change late in Game 7. Not to mention it was incredibly easy to miss Kuemper actually being injured on that play, it looked like an embellishment live. Now, onto more important matters.

Tabris, don't try to play this off like you planned it. You're basically the Dater of this thread, make dumb ass predictions and then when they don't pan out LOLOL #DATERJINX. Really the only reason why people in here give you a hard time is because no one wants you here, not because anyone thinks you have amazing jinxing powers. It's just a nice way of everyone saying "get the fuck out of here" anytime you make an appearance.

#Cup4Cooke

Acid08

Banned
"You can't sell this as a championship team anymore in San Jose"

There is going to be some serious changes.

"They fooled the San Jose fans for 9 years"
Who do you keep? Only ones off the top of my head are Hertl, Couture, Pavs, Vlasic, Sheppard, Nieto, Braun, and Stalock. Unfortunately DW hands out NTCs like candy so moving anyone will be super difficult. No major changes will be made outside of coaching and maybe DW.

Mii

Banned
Milbury is roasting the Sharks, and saying what I want said. Olczyk probably more level-headed, but I think the Milbury view is going to win in the next few weeks.

Roflobear

Now that my bracket is completely fucked, I'm hoping for a Rangers v Wild final. Probably the two least likely teams to make it though

Who do you keep? Only ones off the top of my head are Hertl, Couture, Pavs, Vlasic, Sheppard, Nieto, Braun, and Stalock. Unfortunately DW hands out NTCs like candy so moving anyone will be super difficult. No major changes will be made outside of coaching and maybe DW.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Mii

Banned
I think DW is gone by Friday. From there, comes down to who is at the helm. Unpredictable situation right now.

zroid

Banned
Kudos to MacAttack for being the only guy on NHL GAF to call the entire 1st round perfectly. His bid for a perfect bracket remains intact.
He's got Boston beating Anaheim in the Finals so clearly he's got some insight into how the future shall play out.

Razorskin and InvaderZimmer are behind him with 7 picks correct.

Was mine the worst? I feel like it has to be. lol

edit: tied with 2 others as the worst :lol

Top Bottom