• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Serious feels for these guys at the top of the playoff bracket leaderboards that picked the Sharks moving on.

I forgot algebra, but holy shit the odds have got to be tiny: .25 chance times 8 to get the games the 1st round series goes to and ~.4-.6 for each of the 8 matchups, then more coin flips for the semis, CF, and finals. Maths.

I wish I could make this my avatar

850826265.gif

He's broken. :(

yuraya

Great comeback by the Kings. To think at one point the shorks weren't just up 3 to 0 but they also scored something like 8 or 9 unanswered goals against kings in the series. crazy

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I still can't believe that the Shorks shorked that game so bad.

They had 6 PPs in the game, 5 of them in a row. Absolutely no excuses, every player on that team should be ashamed of themselves.

Clydefrog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How did I do last round?

Back to backs for Games 6 and 7? Alright.

Bruins in 6
Lightning in 6
Penguins in 5
Rangers in 7

Avs in 5
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 5
Sharks in 7 (Ouch)
So 5 right picks, 2 both the right team and number of games. Not too bad. Bolts-Habs was the only one where I was really wildly wrong.

On to round 2...

Bruins in 7
Rangers in 6

Hawks in 6
Ducks in 6

Mii

Banned
So many of our key players have NTCs that it'll be hard to get any of them out. Thornton and Stuart specifically.

I think there is an element of humility to consider, some leniency will be allowed by both sides. Just look at Thorntons face. He recognizes the dream here is over. The player will recognize it's just as unhealthy for him to be here as the new GM will.

Clydefrog

Glad to hear Kings-live commending Jake Muzzin tonight. He was fantastic. He is overdue for some praise (AKA he's sucked for quite a while)

Greene was a somewhat non-factor. I hope Mitchell is back for the series against the Disney Princesses.

Already looking at tickets for Ponda Center, guys.

Acid08

Banned
I think there is an element of humility to consider, some leniency will be allowed by both sides. Just look at Thorntons face. He recognizes the dream here is over. The player will recognize it's just as unhealthy for him to be here as the new GM will.
I guess. Just don't know anymore. Maybe he gets one more year under a new coach.

It's a team game, they all choked.

Except Vlasic, you leave him alone goddammit.
This. The only guys who can honestly say they did all they could were Braun, Vlasic, and Sheppard. Out of all our talent James fucking Sheppard was by far our best forward.

Jachaos

Yeah even after this game some people are still on Thornton huh.

His faceoffs were bad I'll give that.

But wow was the defense atrocious. Can't believe we outshot them for a good portion of it that way. Why were the forwards the one to execute breakouts and take away the rebounds. They could never put the foot on the pedal.

Boyle keeps thinking he's somehow 22 years old and plays as such.

Same goes for Stuart. Both need to retire or sign for 1M$.

Blues fans what do you want for one of your good D.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure why so many are surprised the Wild took the Avs down, the Avs were a 2nd place team only in points.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah even after this game some people are still on Thornton huh.

His faceoffs were bad I'll give that.

But wow was the defense atrocious. Can't believe we outshot them for a good portion of it that way. Why were the forwards the one to execute breakouts and take away the rebounds. They could never put the foot on the pedal.

Boyle keeps thinking he's somehow 22 years old and plays as such.

Same goes for Stuart. Both need to retire or sign for 1M$.

Blues fans what do you want for one of your good D.
Boyle is done here imo. Wasn't even serviceable for most of the year and he wants a multi-year extension? No.

Stuart is signed through next season anyway which sucks.
I'd take Thorton in a heartbeat from the Sharks.

Dude is an amazing player. I honestly do feel sorry for him. Sad gif is sad.
Love Jumbo. Just hate that he has made himself into such a one dimensional player when he could be so much more.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For all that talk about teams scoring first winning the last 16 games going into tonight, two teams broke that trend.

Mii

Banned
This sensation I'm feeling, it's so odd. Embarrassment but relief. The dream is dead, but it will be shocking if DW and TMac escape the chopping block.

Love Jumbo. Just hate that he has made himself into such a one dimensional player when he could be so much more.

I don't necessarily think Thornton gone is as sure a thing as DW gone. The new GM and coach might think they can make something happen with him around.

Boyle is definitely gone though.

Top Bottom