• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Boston will kill someone, that's for sure.

mJ87pTI.jpg

Jachaos

How many points did Pavs end up with? Not much I'm guessing 'cause he seemed pretty invisible, certainly in the last 4 games.

He had 6 pts and had 11 shots tonight. Burns had 6 shots too. Aside from Faceoffs, the top-line did fine given what they were up against. LA did not give an ounce of respect to our blue-line. Who would. I also am of those feeling both crushed and hopeful. I want this to be what finally gets us a contending defense. We've never had one. I know Thornton Burns Pavelski Marleau Couture etc. are good two-way players but they shouldn't be the only ones executing potent breakouts nor handling Niemi's poor rebounds.

A top-pairing D to make Vlasic-Demers, NewGuy-Braun happen, and Stalock in net is what I want right now. Might be overreacting but we certainly have the assets to make it happen.

iLLmAtlc

hope the sharks don't do anything too drastic, imo they still have a really good team, especially with their forwards.

bruins blew the same lead in 2010 and came back to win the stanley cup the next year.

Acid08

Banned
He had 6 pts and had 11 shots tonight. Burns had 6 shots too. Aside from Faceoffs, the top-line did fine given what they were up against. LA did not give an ounce of respect to our blue-line. Who would. I also am of those feeling both crushed and hopeful. I want this to be what finally gets us a contending defense. We've never had one. I know Thornton Burns Pavelski Marleau Couture etc. are good two-way players but they shouldn't be the only ones executing potent breakouts nor handling Niemi's poor rebounds.

A top-pairing D to make Vlasic-Demers, NewGuy-Braun happen, and Stalock in net is what I want right now. Might be overreacting but we certainly have the assets to make it happen.
Don't trust Stalock to be a starter right now. He's been great but he should splitting starts at best. How I wish we had a Schneider waiting in the wings like the Devils do.

And agreed on defense. Our failures have always come from zero depth at defense and bottom six forwards that can't contribute. Well we have the forward depth now but need an actual defense. There's no excuse for Stuart and Hannan to be playing at the same time barring injuries and that happened A LOT this season/playoffs. I blame Robinson for that.

Mii

Banned
hope the sharks don't do anything too drastic, imo they still have a really good team, especially with their forwards.

bruins blew the same lead in 2010 and came back to win the stanley cup the next year.

They've had a 'really good team' that simply can't perform for 9 years. We've been known as chokes for a decade. Post-Sutter, that has been our culture. There is a point where a team needs to make efforts to change culture despite point success.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized Dan Carcillo, Dominic Moore, and Benoit Pouliot all have more playoff goals as Rangers now than Rick Nash.

So does Martin St. Louis, but that's kind of what you would expect.

Madness

Hats off to the Wild. They never gave up all series, solid determination. Avs had a great season, Sakic is in upper office, Roy is coach. Hopefully they can sustain the increased momentum, reinvigorate the fanbase more.

Sucks for the Sharks though. Just cements their playoff woes for eternity in a sense now. As for me, I think all teams left are pretty great, but I'd want Canadiens to go far, just to get more people all over Canada watching again. Today's games were some of the best I've seen, and yet they went completely ignored by supposed fans just because they're teams weren't in it.

I'm so fucking proud of this Kings team. I can't even begin to express how much. That this happened is amazing.

Pearson deserved that goal so much. He's been skating with energy and heart all series.

Kings fans are going to be unbearable (not Kings-age here) for the next couple weeks. FB friends are coming out of woodwork to leave comments on my wall and Cartman is featured

Acid08

Banned
Just watched some videos of the Bruins-Flyers 2010 Game 7. At least the Bruins were able to score more than one goal. Also Savard :(

And I totally forgot that Michael Leighton was ever a thing.

Jachaos

I think these 3-0 comebacks are bound to happen more often now (Edit : Not every year I mean. But more than once every 30 years). The game has changed and that cup contenders like Colorado, St Louis and San Jose be out in the first round is a thing. All teams now know they have a chance. Sucks what happened and really hoping Vlasic will come back strong from that double injury, that sounds awful.

People that know AHL rules better, what are Mirco Müller's options as someone who turned 19 on March 21st ?

Draconian

I'm gonna have to record game 2. It's weird watching games after the fact, and it's annoying when they run long into OT and I don't end up recording the end of them.

Vman

Kinda weird the similarity between this series and the 03 one.

The last team to win game 7 without ever leading the game... The #mnwild in 2003 vs. Colorado

Clydefrog

I'm so fucking proud of this Kings team. I can't even begin to express how much. That this happened is amazing.

Pearson deserved that goal so much. He's been skating with energy and heart all series.

I'm still in disbelief. I was in shock until 5-1 tonight. Then it finally hit me. They pulled it off. They made history. The media is going to make a shitstorm out of this.

I just want a decent series against the Ducks. Boudreau's going down.

zroid

Banned
The Olympics were really good for Doughty. He was so impressive there that the experience stoked his massive ego, and it made him an even better player for his club! :)

Top Bottom