• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
cN6H5lx.gif

It's like I'm wearing nothing at all!

UberTag

Adjusted NHL GAF playoff bracket standings after Round 1...

1) MacAttack - 8 Points - Perfection - Final 4 of Bruins, Ducks, Rangers and Wild - Bruins vs. Ducks in the Finals - Bruins Win Cup

2) InvaderZimmer - 7 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Kings and Penguins - Bruins vs. Kings in the Finals - Kings Win Cup
2) Razorskin - 7 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Penguins - Bruins vs. Ducks in the Finals - Bruins Win Cup

4) Be Salty - 6 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Penguins - Bruins vs. Ducks in the Finals - Ducks Win Cup
4) Stasis - 6 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Rangers - Bruins vs. Ducks in the Finals - Ducks Win Cup
4) UberTag - 6 Points - Final 4 Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Rangers - Blackhawks vs. Bruins in the Finals - Bruins Win Cup

7) MeBecomingl - 5 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Penguins - Blackhawks vs. Penguins in the Finals - Blackhawks Win Cup
7) SmackCrackleNPop - 5 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Canadiens, Ducks and Penguins - Ducks vs. Penguins in the Finals - Ducks Win Cup
7) talisayNon - 5 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Ducks and Rangers - Ducks vs. Rangers in the Finals - Rangers Win Cup

10) GSG Flash - 6 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Flyers and Kings - Bruins vs. Kings in the Finals - Bruins Win Cup
10) Swance - 6 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Bruins, Penguins and Sharks - Blackhawks vs. Penguins in the Finals - Blackhawks Win Cup

12) Mii - 6 Points - Final 4 of Avalanche, Bruins, Ducks and Penguins - Bruins vs. Ducks in the Finals - Bruins Win Cup - CAN'T CATCH RAZORSKIN

Everyone else with 6 Points has lost a Cup finalist or their predicted Cup winner.

13) Heretic - 4 Points - Final 4 of Blackhawks, Canadiens, Ducks and Penguins - Canadiens vs. Ducks in the Finals - Ducks Win Cup

Can't really account for more than that without knowing whether picking winners in later rounds gives you more than a single point or not (i.e. 2 points for picking Round 2 winners, 3+ points for picking conference winners, 4+ points for picking Cup winners).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My picks for next round:

BOS in 6
PIT in 7

CHI in 5
ANA in 7

Don't think the Habs have a chance unless Price absolutely stands on his head all series. NYR and LAK are at a serious disadvantage because of how long their 1st round series' went and because of the 2nd round schedule.

Just putting it out there Calamari, but you're seeming more and more like a good poster and carrying on the tradition of new Ducks-age posters being good posters.

This is good.

AND JUST IN TIME FOR THE JERK YOFFS.

Sanjuro

I didn't say win the Cup, I said go to the Cup.

The way I see it is:

Boston can beat Montreal
Montreal can beat Boston

flip a coin there, but then I think

Boston can beat New York
Montreal can beat New York
Boston can beat Pittsburgh
Montreal can beat Pittsburgh

I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I agree, Ducks-age has the most consistently good posters of any team with more than 1-2 fans

It's because we're all smart and handsome, which is also the reason everybody hates us. I'm not trying to brag, but our moms wouldn't lie to us about that kind of thing.

zroid

Banned
Although to be fair, Giggzy might have thrown out his "good Ducks-age poster" card when he started cheering for the Kings

Solo

AGally is skating with the team again.

My guess: healthy or not, we won't see him against Boston. If Montreal can beat Boston, I bet he'd be dressed in Game 1 vs NYR/PIT.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I just wanted a 7 game series :( I got my wish! Long term thinking here, I promise!!

Nah man you're good. I wanted the Kings to win game 6 and the Sharks to win game 7 (so that we could be the recipient of their annual choke), but instead I got a sick monkey paw-esque result out of the whole thing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I hope the B's-Habs series is a snoozefest.

Samyy

Thanks guys :)
I should mention that this isn't a full-time offer or anything, its an invitation to a certain companies summer conference, but 99% of students get an offer out of the conference so I'm very hopeful, and they only take 50ish students from across the country so it feels good none the less.

Beleskey and MP22 should be healthy for Saturday. Haven't heard anything on Hampus but I think he'll be good to go

Good news. Need as many healthy players as possible. Once Vlasic went down, Sharks never recovered

Stoll injured Cam Fowler before. Concussion I think? He didn't even get a penalty I believe

Giggzy

Good news. Need as many healthy players as possible. Once Vlasic went down, Sharks never recovered

Stoll injured Cam Fowler before. Concussion I think? He didn't even get a penalty I believe

Yep, it was Stoll. Here's hoping nothing dirty comes from this series, but it is the kings after all....

Top Bottom