• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
cN6H5lx.gif
You can take the man out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the man.

Oh i know but he always comes off as such a bitch

He is, even to Avs readers. He flat out said Barrie was going to get traded earlier this season and was glad for it, then Barrie is given the greenlight to play his game and has a fucking incredible season. Plenty of people call him on it and he refuses to acknowledge he said anything. It's not worth the time. Mike Chambers is probably the only Avs writer for the DP worth listening to. DEFINITELY do not get suckered into reading anything Mark Kiszla has to say, he's worse than Dater by light years.

Vman

He is, even to Avs readers. He flat out said Barrie was going to get traded earlier this season and was glad for it, then Barrie is given the greenlight to play his game and has a fucking incredible season. Plenty of people call him on it and he refuses to acknowledge he said anything. It's not worth the time. Mike Chambers is probably the only Avs writer for the DP worth listening to. DEFINITELY do not get suckered into reading anything Mark Kiszla has to say, he's worse than Dater by light years.

Ya he seems to be really hypocritical and very biased even for a beat writer, almost to the point where he twists the truth. And ya Kiszla is way worse. Sucks you have to put up with them.

Solo

For real though, I think your Cup final is winner of Habs/Bruins vs Hawks or Kings. Some combination of those 4.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still can't believe I'm missing Game 1 tonight for a date :(

I'd better get laid.

Get laid.

Wake up to see the Habs won.

Get upset Subban is still on the team.

Sounds like a good day to me.

I've gotta hit the ground running

I've also appreciated all the mentions of my racism while I was gone guys.

ShaneB

Well, my bracket is a mess now with the Sharks gone, so oh well to that. *hug to all Sharks fans*, and a hug to all Avs fans, not a fun way to exit out either.

Some interesting second round match ups, but definitely would’ve much preferred Avs vs Hawks, that would’ve been really fun to watch. Fuck the Kings, so I guess I’ll be rooting for the Ducks there, mainly will just be focused on Habs/Bruins, and I have little interest in Pens/Rangers. But I picked the Bruins and Rangers to win in my bracket originally and meet in the ECF.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Showed up to work today and a bunch of people who I didn't even know liked hockey were high-fiving each other over the Kings, and being huge dicks to me because they know I'm a Ducks fan. I know nobody here will believe me, but I asked one of them to name a Kings player from the 90's and he couldn't do it. Not even Gretzky.

Giggzy

Kings fans are going to be unbearable (not Kings-age here) for the next couple weeks. FB friends are coming out of woodwork to leave comments on my wall and Cartman is featured

Left Facebook at the turn of the new year. Best decision ever in hindsight! However my workplace is dominated with kings fans. I need to pull the wagon around the offices and see who I can get to hop on.

Showed up to work today and a bunch of people who I didn't even know liked hockey were high-fiving each other over the Kings, and being huge dicks to me because they know I'm a Ducks fan. I know nobody here will believe me, but I asked one of them to name a Kings player from the 90's and he couldn't do it. Not even Gretzky.

A skank I went to high school with moved to Colorado last year and as soon as the playoffs started she was always posting statuses about the Avs. That's great. Become a hockey fan later in life. I don't mind.

But then someone commented and asked her to name four players on the team. Current players.

And even with the internet behind her and google only a few clicks away, she could only name "Landscog". And all she said about him was he's "gorgeous".

Smh. Bandwagoners are the worst.

UberTag

For real though, I think your Cup final is winner of Habs/Bruins vs Hawks or Kings. Some combination of those 4.
Ooooh... bold prediction. Your favorite team plus the teams that have won the Cup the past 4 seasons. Way to go out on a limb there.

I agree with you.

Doing the ol "Wow, I had no idea you guys were Kings fans! Or even hockey fans! Isn't it amazing how they got the Stanley Cup (THAT'S THE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY BY THE WAY) in their first year of existing in the league?" thing usually works wonders.

And god help them if they don't know who Luc is. Everyone should have respect for that guy.

Solo

The Habs might get lucky against Boston but theres no chance they win a cup.
Not against LA/Hawks

I didn't say win the Cup, I said go to the Cup.

The way I see it is:

Boston can beat Montreal
Montreal can beat Boston

flip a coin there, but then I think

Boston can beat New York
Montreal can beat New York
Boston can beat Pittsburgh
Montreal can beat Pittsburgh

Also if any of you Ducks fans work somewhere that has a colour printer, you should totally get the FUCK THE KINGS thing printed and stuck on your cubicle wall, or desk.

And then get fired because CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL LIKE THAT MAAAAN.

Top Bottom