• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

zroid

Banned
Yeah all the stoppages took away any excitement I could drum up for this. It didn't even feel like a game 7, let alone a playoff game.

I've taken a liking to the Raptors the last few months, but yeah, some of the basketball-isms really are annoying. The close game endings are one thing, but just the overall flow of play, especially in the first half is frustrating. I also don't find the games as much fun to watch when one team is dominating over the other. With hockey it's still easy derive some enjoyment in those situations, for a variety of reasons.

I like baseball a lot even though the Jays are super frustrating.

The Jays AKA no lead is safe when the bullpen comes in

edit: just saw they're up by 5 in the 9th. here we go again! lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Cabrera has been great this year, but yeah the bullpen is bad. Need Jansen back badly. Looks like they may hang in there today.

Sanjuro

swap football with baseball, and I'm exactly the same.

I think I could swap playoff football and baseball, but football loses a ton of points because it's strictly a television sport. Game is born and bred for that.

Going to a hockey or baseball game are probably my favorite things to do, the latter moreso because it's "cheaper" around here.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think I could swap playoff football and baseball, but football loses a ton of points because it's strictly a television sport. Game is born and bred for that.

Going to a hockey or baseball game are probably my favorite things to do, the latter moreso because it's "cheaper" around here.

Wish I had easy access to a MLB team. Seattle would be the closest.

zroid

Banned
hOOUbFj.png

: '(

#WeTheDucks

zychi

Banned
.. but football loses a ton of points because it's strictly a television sport. Game is born and bred for that.

get out of my head.

i love sunday football days tho. absolutely my favorite thing to watch on tv when its not playoffs time.

I go something like

• Baseball
  • Hockey
  • Football
  • Basketball

• Playoff Hockey
  • Playoff Football
  • Playoff Baseball
  • Playoff Basketball
Jays are trash though...that pitching.

I'm the same but move baseball to third after hockey and football.
Ducks, Broncos, Angels, Clippers.

Just picked up MLB The Show 14 for the PS4. Beautiful game. I need to learn the advanced controls. Haven't really played baseball games after MVP Baseball 2005. Before that I was an SNES Ken Griffey baseball guy

Giggzy

Well, I drank way too much last night. I forget how quickly my tolerance drops since I haven't drank much lately.

I think I threw up about 12 times last night, woke up at 6AM this morning to go on a 12 mile hike in Santiago Canyon, and proceeded to throw up about 8 more times. I feel great now. I guess sweating it out works for curing a hangover.

Bummed about last night. We played very well I thought. Both teams played very methodically which was interesting to see. We definitely had plenty of opportunities to win, and I wish koivu would release the puck earlier as he had great looks. I guess old man reflexes are at play. On to game 2!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, I drank way too much last night. I forget how quickly my tolerance drops since I haven't drank much lately.

I think I threw up about 12 times last night, woke up at 6AM this morning to go on a 12 mile hike in Santiago Canyon, and proceeded to through up about 8 more times. I feel great now. I guess sweating it out works for curing a hangover.

Bummed about last night. We played very well I thought. Both teams played very methodically which was interesting to see. We definitely had plenty of opportunities to win, and I wish koivu would release the puck earlier as he had great looks. I guess old man reflexes are at play. On to game 2!

duuuuuuuuuuude.

That shit only works before you turn 20.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I think I threw up about 12 times last night, woke up at 6AM this morning to go on a 12 mile hike in Santiago Canyon, and proceeded to throw up about 8 more times. I feel great now. I guess sweating it out works for curing a hangover.

If you had switched to champagne like I advised last night, you would have fallen asleep before you could get that sick.

I used to be able to drink a ton. Then I got too old for it. Threw up only one time and ever since, never again. Hydration is key.

I'm not interested in getting that drunk

Acid08

Banned
I used to be able to drink a ton. Then I got too old for it. Threw up only one time and ever since, never again. Hydration is key.

I'm not interested in getting that drunk
Same. I had a few blackouts and decided I never wanted that shit to happen again.

During the last one I was apparently going around screaming at people on the streets in Oakland. Surprised I didn't get stabbed.

Top Bottom