• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

First games of the regular season Avs/Ducks.

roy.gif

Last Game of the regular season Avs/Ducks.

BlJjaS_CcAAwKm3.jpg

The rigors of an 82 game schedule really got to these teams.

Acid08

Banned
brodiebrazilCSN 1:40pm via TweetDeck

Vlasic: “In order to get revenge, you win the series. That’s the way you get revenge for what happened to Hertl.” #sjsharks #lakings

KILL EM PICKLES

If the Wings are in tatters, those are the best looking tatters I've seen. And we didn't even have to tank for years to get our young talent like a certain other formerly great team has done.
yeah funny things happen when you're a young franchise with an owner who cares more about his basketball team, soccer team and football team until it doesn't suit him anymore. Let me know when you guys do understand real struggle, it may humble you. Until then pls keep posting those we've been in the playoffs longer than your team has existed things. It may be true but it's kind of like telling the unemployed youth you have a job and it's because you're fucking ancient. I'd hope so. Otherwise you'd be the leafs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wings played less than .500 hockey and needed the Leafs and Caps to completely shit out for them to get in, while having their kid shooting at 25% to single-handedly will them into the playoffs. Lots to be haughty about there.

Wings played less than .500 hockey and needed the Leafs and Caps to completely shit out for them to get in, while having their kid shooting at 25% to single-handedly will them into the playoffs. Lots to be haughty about there.

Doesn't bother 'em, more situations where loser points are given is really what this league needs.

yeah funny things happen when you're a young franchise with an owner who cares more about his basketball team, soccer team and football team until it doesn't suit him anymore. Let me know when you guys do understand real struggle, it may humble you. Until then pls keep posting those we've been in the playoffs longer than your team has existed things. It may be true but it's kind of like telling the unemployed youth you have a job and it's because you're fucking ancient. I'd hope so. Otherwise you'd be the leafs.

Dude, some of them have to live in Detroit.

Sanjuro

Where is the struggle? We are all Cup Bros here.

Sanjuro

Speaking on the topic of successful teams with shitty owners, I'm still in that same boat. We still have one of the most vile owners in sports. The only redeeming factor is more recently he will actually go on sports talk radio and take his trashing while responding. Some of his responses are actually even reasonable due his aggressive stance.

In the end, I get that argument often. "How can you hate Jeremy Jacobs now that you guys have won a cup?" The answer is still easy. Years of pain, nonstop price gouging, and FUCK JEREMY JACOBS.

I'm one of the most humble fans you'll meet. It's just absurd with the amount of winning around here due to being a four sport fan. The hardship of defeat is just kind of stripped from my soul. Basically, I need to write a book about my road to recovery and have Kave Man foreword the fucking thing.

pringles

I'm not one to belittle other franchises because of the Wings playoff streak that could have easily been broken this year or the last one. But it's funny to see people cling to the hope that the Wings are in disarray and about to fall of a cliff because they come close to missing 2 years in a row. Don't be surprised if they're a top team in the East next year.

I'm not one to belittle other franchises because of the Wings playoff streak that could have easily been broken this year or the last one. But it's funny to see people cling to the hope that the Wings are in disarray and about to fall of a cliff because they come close to missing 2 years in a row. Don't be surprised if they're a top team in the East next year.

Oooooo this is my favorite prediction. It's gone so swimmingly thus far.

JABEE

Speaking on the topic of successful teams with shitty owners, I'm still in that same boat. We still have one of the most vile owners in sports. The only redeeming factor is more recently he will actually go on sports talk radio and take his trashing while responding. Some of his responses are actually even reasonable due his aggressive stance.

In the end, I get that argument often. "How can you hate Jeremy Jacobs now that you guys have won a cup?" The answer is still easy. Years of pain, nonstop price gouging, and FUCK JEREMY JACOBS.

I'm one of the most humble fans you'll meet. It's just absurd with the amount of winning around here due to being a four sport fan. The hardship of defeat is just kind of stripped from my soul. Basically, I need to write a book about my road to recovery and have Kave Man foreword the fucking thing.

Too soon.

Kave is not ready to open up that wound again. Kave has attached his hopes now to the Toronto Raptors. Poor guy.

Sanjuro

Too soon.

Kave is not ready to open up that wound again. Kave has attached his hopes now to the Toronto Raptors. Poor guy.

All the books Kave has written are just bootlegs. This is the only book he is qualified to publish at the moment.

wQlIol8.jpg

It's gonna be fun. Any word on Doughty's injury?

Everything I've read is he's being held out just to get some extra rest for the playoffs. I know he wanted to play the Anaheim game to get his feet under him but management just wanted him healthy. I've been assuming it was a light separation.

Acid08

Banned
He'll eventually have to walk by Dustin Brown in a hallway somewhere or skate around him on the ice. Then who knows
Instead of offering his hand, Dustin Brown stick his knee out in the handshake line and injures our entire team. Forced to ice our entire AHL team in the second round.

Parch

Interesting to look back at some of the preseason Vegas odds to win the Cup...

Favorites:
Chicago 11/2, Pittsburgh 11/2, Boston 9/1

Not going to happen:
Vancouver 14/1, Toronto 25/1

Still alive, big payday:
Columbus 60/1, Colorado 50/1, Dallas 50/1, Tampa 40/1

ShaneB

I filled out a bracket of hope, not one of realism.

I should've done the same. I picked at random it seems and ended up with the Sharks winning. Could be worse I suppose.

Also for Ducks-gaf, I saw the pic posted, thought I'd just make it a gif for you all.

ipi541zyBfcU6.gif

Go Bruins!
Go Hawks!

This comes from a huge Canucks fan in Vancouver. I just happen to also love two of our biggest rivals :p Last year's Cup Final was a dream come true for me.

I should've done the same. I picked at random it seems and ended up with the Sharks winning. Could be worse I suppose.

Also for Ducks-gaf, I saw the pic posted, thought I'd just make it a gif for you all.

ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

Muchos gracias! Great GIF

Can you believe some people don't like ducks? I'm not talking about the team, but just ducks. Preposterous. They can kill. with cuteness.

001751145.jpg

Cowabunga dudes.

Curufinwe

Go Bruins!
Go Hawks!

This comes from a huge Canucks fan in Vancouver. I just happen to also love two of our biggest rivals :p Last year's Cup Final was a dream come true for me.

Cool. Most of us here have three or four teams we support and just go with whichever one gets the farthest each season.

Top Bottom