• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Quick

Banned
Go Bruins!
Go Hawks!

This comes from a huge Canucks fan in Vancouver. I just happen to also love two of our biggest rivals :p Last year's Cup Final was a dream come true for me.

iN2tLdCXhXrz7.gif

Ya no

Never really pay much attention to the regular season threads, but for the past couple years I've always lurked the playoff threads. Just dropping by to say go B's.

edit: you guys really are brutal

MacAttack

Some mildly entertaining blog entries that combine equal parts salt and deference from SBN's Stanley Cup of Chowder:

Get to Know a Dumb Jerk Red Wing: Niklas "Klean Hit" Kronwall

Niklas Kronwall is a dumb jerk of a Detroit Red Wing, and he always has been. Known for "Kronwalling," the act of using a lack of prior suspensions to prevent yourself from getting future suspensions

Get to Know a Dumb Jerk Red Wing: Gustav Nyquist
Yeah, the Red Wings only had one player with more than 20 goals this year. Only two players on the Wings scored more points than Nyquist this season.

You know who has as many points as Nyquist on the Bruins? Carl Soderberg. That's right. PLAY LIKE CARL. If Nyquist were a Bruin, he'd be 8th on the team in points scored.

Bruins playoff propaganda:

LOL you guys are hilarious. I totally understand how strange it is. But in my defense...I liked the Hawks and Bruins before they became the Canucks' rivals. And the rivalries have done nothing to stop me from liking them. In my room, I have 3 banners hanging: Hawks, Canucks, and Bruins. They look so good together haha. There's so many players I love on each of the Hawks (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, etc.) and Bruins (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, etc.).

The Bruins are such a rare combination of power and skill. So fun to watch. And the Hawks are ridiculously skilled and fast.

Cool. Most of us here have three or four teams we support and just go with whichever one gets the farthest each season.

Yeah, but I don't think those other teams you cheer for are usually your primary team's biggest rivals.

I like this guy.

Haha, I like you too!

Acid08

Banned
LOL you guys are hilarious. I totally understand how strange it is. But in my defense...I liked the Hawks and Bruins before they became the Canucks' rivals. And the rivalries have done nothing to stop me from liking them. In my room, I have 3 banners hanging: Hawks, Canucks, and Bruins. They look so good together haha. There's so many players I love on each of the Hawks (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, etc.) and Bruins (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask, etc.).

The Bruins are such a rare combination of power and skill. So fun to watch. And the Hawks are ridiculously skilled and fast.

Yeah, but I don't think those other teams you cheer for are usually your primary team's biggest rivals.

Haha, I like you too!
How big of a Marchand fan are you?

Sanjuro

Never really pay much attention to the regular season threads, but for the past couple years I've always lurked the playoff threads. Just dropping by to say go B's.

edit: you guys really are brutal

Don't worry. Most of the gents are a good bunch in here, you just have a bigot giving you shit.

Welcome!

Socreges

Banned
Haha sorry guys. VanCityGamer is my alt. Thought I'd have some fun with you all before the playoffa. As if any Canucks fan would be that retarded lol

Revenant

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1h
The key to a great business is all about product placement...... Am I right @USAirways ?

Bless you Lou, bless you.

great thread marvie, as soon as I saw the gifs I knew this was gonna be a good thread, good luck to everybody and to everybody go fuck themselves. It's time to get salty.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I could join BruinsGaf....not after last year. :'(

I've been leaning towards the Ducks. Or the Sharks.

I might even go for the Blue Jackets for the heck of it.

ATF487

Damn, playoff tickets aren't as expensive as I expected. 120 dollars for balcony seats in the corner!

edit: ON A SUNDAY!

Sanjuro

Damn, playoff tickets aren't as expensive as I expected. 120 dollars for balcony seats in the corner!

edit: ON A SUNDAY!

Easter, bitch.

Buy me a ticket. I'll give you the Sanjuro Tour!

Last time I did Bruins second season tickets were a few years ago when we bounced the Habs. $50!!!

Haha sorry guys. VanCityGamer is my alt. Thought I'd have some fun with you all before the playoffa. As if any Canucks fan would be that retarded lol

So all aboard the (insert team name here) bandwagon?

Forgot you were a Canucks fan. Lol at my "if your team gets eliminated" comment yesterday

ATF487

Easter, bitch.

Buy me a ticket. I'll give you the Sanjuro Tour!

Last time I did Bruins second season tickets were a few years ago when we bounced the Habs. $50!!!

Does the Sanjuro tour come with lunch and all the Sierra Nevada I can drink?

50 dollars against the Habs is a steal :(

From the goalies section of the Avs-Wild breakdown on NHL.com

Varlamov has been a revelation this season. Finally able to stay healthy and find a new level of consistency, he's the biggest reason the Avalanche have any hope of advancing. Reto Berra and Jean-Sebastien Giguere are on the roster and ... well, they are available.

Finally some accuracy regarding this team's coverage.

Top Bottom