• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Parch

It's unfortunate that Lucic has to say something in the handshake line but he was angry and frustrated. That series got nasty and the hate ended up going back and forth. Hab players are all saying that it was big motivation for them in games 6 and 7.

Trash talking and taunting is seriously stupid. It accomplishes nothing, unless you want to motivate your opposition and lose. If you want to intimidate the opposition, you do it with physical play and on-ice play. Running your mouth just makes you look childish and stupid.

I would be all for the NHL clamping down on that nonsense and start fining idiots more often. That nonsense doesn't need to be in the game.

It's unfortunate that Lucic has to say something in the handshake line but he was angry and frustrated. That series got nasty and the hate ended up going back and forth. Hab players are all saying that it was big motivation for them in games 6 and 7.

Trash talking and taunting is seriously stupid. It accomplishes nothing, unless you want to motivate your opposition and lose. If you want to intimidate the opposition, you do with physical play and on-ice play. Running your mouth just makes you look childish and stupid.

I would be all for the NHL clamping down on that nonsense and start fining idiots more often. That nonsense doesn't need to be in the game.

Except sometimes you can't help it. I've played in a lot of games competitively and even today in beer league, I'm still fired up at the end of each game and sometimes I'll say things that shouldn't be said. But trash talking is what it is, it happens all the time and it's not something that you can just crack down on.

Solo

Some of my friends got tickets for Game 2. I declined. I'm gonna take the big gamble that the Habs make the final, and THEN, come hell or high water, I'll see a Stanley Cup Final game.

Some of my friends got tickets for Game 2. I declined. I'm gonna take the big gamble that the Habs make the final, and THEN, come hell or high water, I'll see a Stanley Cup Final game.

I was taking the gamble that the Leafs were coming to New York last year for Round 2.

I was so wrong.

Razorskin

----- ------
I was taking the gamble that the Leafs were coming to New York last year for Round 2.

I was so wrong.

giphya0xuf.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Except HS is a grey-area streaming service that won't get any sort of opt-in package from ISPs. Low quality streams for anyone affected with no way to buy your way out of it.

Okay, Mr. Jackass- uh, I mean 19&21. I'll just type up a report on my invisible typewriter! And we'll make sure the big, bad ISPs don't bother you annnnymore!

tumblr_m4h15ytu7h1r0ata2o1_500.jpg

Parch

Except sometimes you can't help it.
Sure, it's easy to get frustrated, but it's all part of discipline. If a player can be professional and show disciplined play on the ice, he can certainly put his mouth in check. For some it's not a lack of discipline, it's a tactic. For what? Do they really think they're "psyching out" the opposition? Of course not. These are men, not pre-teens that can be verbally bullied.

Part of the reason Sean Avery is out of the game because nobody wants to be his teammate and his mouth ends up doing more harm than good.

Okay, Mr. Jackass- uh, I mean 19&21. I'll just type up a report on my invisible typewriter! And we'll make sure the big, bad ISPs don't bother you annnnymore!

http://helenahannbasquiat.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tumblr_m4h15ytu7h1r0ata2o1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Not really sure what I said to warrant this kind of response but jimmies rustled? I guess. :lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not really sure what I said to warrant this kind of response but jimmies rustled? I guess. :lol

Ol' Clydefrog is drunk off the power of a win, just roll with it. He'll tucker himself out soon enough.

Edit: Damn, it wasn't Clyde. I blame my phone for this mistake.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Konopka needs to get better PEDs. I just had a conversation last week with a guy about PEDs and I told him it was naive to think that no one in the NHL uses them. He told me there was no way, and that the NHL's systems were fool proof. He'll enjoy this.

Razorskin

----- ------
Sabres' Konopka suspended 20 games for... Uh... For what exactly? :lol

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=719447&print=true

Sabres' Konopka suspended 20 games
NEW YORK – Buffalo Sabres forward Zenon Konopka has been suspended for 20 games for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the suspension is accompanied by mandatory referral to the NHL/NHLPA Program for Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health for evaluation and possible treatment.

The player's contract expires with the conclusion of the 2013-14 season. The term of the suspension will be served at the beginning of any new contract.

The National Hockey League will have no further comment on this matter.

I've never seen a fine like this before. Can't wait to learn more about it.

anyone else think the guy on the right looks really weird? also lol @ the three ducks fans in the middle

capturettbhy.jpg

That's Teemus family.

Also I think most of the people there look weird. Like it's a rite of passage in LA to be fat and have a goatie.

Man, what a seriously shitty-ass goal to give up. It's things like this that give me hope for Friday.

The lesson you can only learn the hard way.

Glad it was done now and not at Game 7.

ZeroGravity

I want to make it clear that this violation occurred because I ingested a product that can be purchased over-the-counter and which, unknown to me, contained a substance that violated the program. Unfortunately, I did not take the necessary care to ensure that the product did not contain a prohibited substance. I want to stress, however, that I did not take this substance for the purpose of enhancing my athletic performance.
Guess we'll see.

Razorskin

----- ------
Konopka's responce:

"I deeply regret that I have tested positive for a prohibited substance in violation of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program. I accept full responsibility for this error. As a professional athlete I am responsible for what I put in my body, and I am to blame for this mistake.
I want to make it clear that this violation occurred because I ingested a product that can be purchased over-the-counter and which, unknown to me, contained a substance that violated the program. Unfortunately, I did not take the necessary care to ensure that the product did not contain a prohibited substance. I want to stress, however, that I did not take this substance for the purpose of enhancing my athletic performance.
I apologize to my teammates and to the Buffalo Sabres organization, as well as to my friends and family. I have learned a great deal from this experience, something I hope to be able to share with younger players. I will accept this suspension and continue to work hard to prepare for the 2014-15 season."

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/statement-from-zenon-konopka

Mr.Green

I really hate when the media claims Canada is pulling for the Habs. This "last Canadian team" stuff is bullshit. I'm not rooting for another team because they are a Canadian province. Especially dirty separatist commies.

Yeah they should ask everyone to make sure it's the case.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers will attend France St. Louis' funeral in Montreal on Sunday. The service was originally supposed to be Saturday but was moved so the team could go.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No idea who the kind of guys that would use them, I just know if I found out someone like Price or Subban used them I would be really upset. They don't come off as those kind of guys though.

Top Bottom