• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Calamari41

41 > 38
In 2010, we rode Halak's Roy-like performance and Cammy's Richard-like performance. But there wasn't anything beyond that except for a very tight defensive system.

In 2014 we are rolling 4 lines, all which are dangerous, we have superstars in Subban, Vanek and Patches, and Carey is a wall back there. I like our chances a LOT more this time around. A much better team this time from top to bottom.

Honestly I see the Kings as your only potential true roadblock. Not because they're any better than the teams left in it including you guys, but because they run on some kind of blood magic.

Solo

Honestly I see the Kings as your only potential true roadblock. Not because they're any better than the teams left in it including you guys, but because they run on some kind of blood magic.

I think ALL three remaining west teams would give us fits. And I don't mean to overlook the Rags either, as they could very well beat us too. But I do feel like the Habs SHOULD beat the Rags.

IF they do......all three scenarios are TASTY

Vs. Ducks? Koivu vs Habs
Vs. Kings? 1993 Cup final rematch
Vs. Hawks? Original 6 cup

My dream final of the remaining teams is Habs/Hawks

I imagine this was posted already, but if not...

PK is the Ric Flair of modern day NHL

“It’s going to be great,” Subban said of Game 7. “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”

I can’t wait to take that all away from them. As a sportswriter accustomed to a steady stream of 99.44 percent meaningless platitudes from players, you almost lose your breath when you see a bold pronouncement like that. Subban isn’t just a breath of fresh air for the stoic hockey community – he’s a one-man fresh air turbine, and the NHL would be a far more entertaining place if the league had more players like him.

Solo

I love that Subban said that. What a boss. Him and Carey have manned the fuck up this season and become leaders.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Woke up like this:

strutting_leo.jpg

Woke up this morning feeling like a king. You'd have to be a Habs fan to truly understand how this feels. It's like the culmination of a 3 year journey. From Chara's hit on Patches to Boston winning Game 7 in OT in 2011 to the Habs taking Game 7 in Boston's barn in 2014 (with the dagger goal bouncing off Chara in a lovely bit of karma) and finally scaling Mount Boston......feels like the Habs have finally been legitimized.
This. So much this. This wasn't just a normal series win, this was this team exercising it's demons against the Bruins, and finally proving themselves as a team to the rest of the league. That was the most important series win of the last 20 years.

Congrats Habs fans. Habs from top to bottom are managed so much better than the Leafs... It's disheartening to think about. I really don't think the Leafs are going to play any significant hockey for the next 7 years. Blergh... I hope so badly that the Habs win the Cup this year, more to shame and embarrass the Leafs. It needs to be drilled into the heads of Leaf fans that this difference in talent between both teams is absolutely unacceptable. Leaf ownership and management and coaches and players have to be shamed day in and day out. 2 years ago the Habs and Leafs were in practically the same exact position. Toronto 5th last, Montreal 3rd last. 2 years later Habs are in the ECF and play with heart and skill and Toronto is in limbo with no foreseeable success in sight.
Well said man, we tease the Leafs a lot, but I'd love for see them clean house and be able to do what we have. We need Leafs-Habs series again, and have more than just one great playoff rivalry.

Red_Man

Can we give Subban the "C" already? No other player on this team performs at the level he does in the most important situations, he is my definition of captain material.

Blader

Hard to be too salty about last night's loss considering how shitty we played. I mean, fuck the Habs and all, but that was a deserved loss.

So I guess go Anaheim, or something.

Red_Man

Pretty crazy to think that inserting Beaulieu over Murray may have been the difference between winning and losing in this series.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think a few of the Vets need to be gone before Subban can be captain unfortunately. Love what he said in that interview.

zroid

Banned
I think a few of the Vets need to be gone before Subban can be captain unfortunately. Love what he said in that interview.

Ya seems unlikely he will suddenly step over the other leaders on the team. The A is coming next year though and he's destined to wear the C in a few more I think.

Clydefrog

Teemu has expressed interest in joining management, saying that he thinks it would be a lot more fun to put together a team than actually running one day by day. Can't say I disagree with him. I bet he will take a year or two off first, though, before he can't resist the urge to get back into it.

Have you been to his steakhouse yet?

Cat Party

I've been pretty much ignoring the second round, but these last few games have me back in. I've hated the Habs since '93, but I'm pulling for them now, I think.

I really hate when the media claims Canada is pulling for the Habs. This "last Canadian team" stuff is bullshit. I'm not rooting for another team because they are a Canadian province. Especially dirty separatist commies.

Red_Man

It hasn't really been brought up how badly Plekanec chewed up the leading playoff scorer from the last few years in Krejci and his line. Such an important player to this team.

Serrato

I really hate when the media claims Canada is pulling for the Habs. This "last Canadian team" stuff is bullshit. I'm not rooting for another team because they are a Canadian province. Especially dirty separatist commies.

You're maybe a reason why we are ''dirty separatist commies'' whatever that means.

Do you wonder why they say that? Because they are the last canadian team in the playoff. whatever you like them or not, if you go with a national team, the habs are the last one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking this morning about maybe trying to go up to Montreal for one of the games.

Then I remembered my passport expired last month. You people and your stupid "international borders."

And what does that have to do with hockeystreams? Aside from the US lowering their internet services quality to Canada-like levels.

Gonna be worse than that if there isn't a miraculous public opinion period, and if you think the profits following this bullshit will be ignored by Canadian ISPs you're already dead.

Top Bottom