• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Acid08

Banned
If you like salt you should've read that discussion between a philly fan and acid about whether or not Stastny is overpaid. Weirdest salt-contest I've read here in a while.
Oh yeah the conversation where Zaraki couldn't understand any other perspective but his own. Kind of odd for him, eh?

:lol PK is awesome. Lucic is a real hot head though, guy can't control himself sometimes, he got a misconduct when Landeskog pissed him off earlier this season.

Done with sports. I can't believe they gave them a 4 on 4

Last post of the night. I need to stop being salty. The whole series the referees calls have favored the ducks. The game misconduct on Garbutt and not Perry. The happy whistle in game 1 when the puck was clearly still moving. The lack of slashing on Gonchar in game 2. The lack of boarding call tonight. The ambiguous call on cole tonight. And the worst of the night: ambiguous line on what roughing and fighting is. I love sports that have lack of clarity for rules. NFL with pass interfence. NBA with fouls. I don't think Anaheim even pulls their goalie if it was 5v5.

Good night and GG ducks gaf. Good luck in the playoffs

Fuck refs.

I miss these good times.

zroid

Banned
I was never quite able to decide whether the league just hates Dallas and wants them to lose, or if it's actually a coincidence that the refs always favour the team Dallas is playing against. Perplexing.

kingslunk

I was never quite able to decide whether the league just hates Dallas and wants them to lose, or if it's actually a coincidence that the refs always favour the team Dallas is playing against. Perplexing.

Refs favor their superstar players. Perry is one of the Duck's superstars players.

cropped_perryspearsbenn.gif

Two minutes in the box!

hit.gif

Five minute major and game misconduct!

kingslunk

Garbutt is a dirty piece of shit. Suspension well deserved.

True and Perry should have received same treatment in Game 1. However its unfair to call the same penalty differently because of which player committed the penalty.

What's funny is Perry actually goes toward Garbutt. Benn did not go toward Perry. Perry even braces himself before he gets close to coming into contact with Garbutt.

Divers gonna dive

Heretic

True and Perry should have received same treatment in Game 1. However its unfair to call the same penalty differently because of which player committed the penalty.

What's funny is Perry actually goes toward Garbutt. Benn did not go toward Perry. Perry even braces himself before he gets close to coming into contact with Garbutt.

Divers gonna dive

Wrong. Perry didn't even touch Benn.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Holy shit at kingslunk's re-meltdown over the same weeks-old issue. And right after a failed trollish attempt to insight salt in others.

We really did break you, didn't we? The best part is Ducks GAF doesn't even remember that series until you graciously remind us. Feels good to remember that we ruined your life, especially after a tough loss to a good team like the Kings.

jaybeeze

Never thought it'd be a Canadiens vs Rangers ECF. Fucking awesome. Go Habs.

Wish Kings would've been finished tonight at home though :(

I'm ready for you to vanish once the ducks get knocked out.

Shouldn't you be vanished off into the offseason thread? Or are you coming back just to be angsty at the ex GF that dumped you in the first date/round?

Boudreau's going to choke again, isn't he?

Oh I'm not salty, I've been saying we are going to lose this game the whole time. I just find you guys pathetic and would in victory as well.

This.

If you think the Kings would be eliminated before a Game 7, then you haven't been paying attention.

Oh also I'm super proud of the Habs today. Just caught the highlights. Sucked in, Boston.

And of course Lucic acts like a fuckwit in the handshake line. Should we expect any less?

Glad we won't see them again for the rest of the Yoffs.

So since Sanjuro was banned for making a joke avatar referencing an ongoing joke in this thread, is posting the Montreal fans blackface picture it was referencing not allowed anymore either, or...

cube444

Not cool Sanjuro. Not cool man.

He crossed even the "Manics line". Sure Manics would beat his wife until she was raccoon-like but he was all about respect online. He's got the street/hood mentality.

yyzjohn

Banned
Congrats to Habs fans. Must be exciting to be watching this run, something I'll never know. I think the Habs are favorites against the Rangers, I really can't see NY winning this series. Habs will be in the finals...who could have predicted that when the season began??

Solo

Woke up this morning feeling like a king. You'd have to be a Habs fan to truly understand how this feels. It's like the culmination of a 3 year journey. From Chara's hit on Patches to Boston winning Game 7 in OT in 2011 to the Habs taking Game 7 in Boston's barn in 2014 (with the dagger goal bouncing off Chara in a lovely bit of karma) and finally scaling Mount Boston......feels like the Habs have finally been legitimized.

Bergevin looks like a mad genius right now. Who the fuck is Mike Weaver? Turns out he's a shot blocking machine. Who the fuck is Dale Weise? Turns out he's the perfect role player. Why did we sign Danny Briere? Turns out he's still clutch in the playoffs. Why did we get Vanek? Turns out he's our leading goal scorer.

Fucking pumped and loving this team so much right now.

Montresor

Congrats Habs fans. Habs from top to bottom are managed so much better than the Leafs... It's disheartening to think about. I really don't think the Leafs are going to play any significant hockey for the next 7 years. Blergh... I hope so badly that the Habs win the Cup this year, more to shame and embarrass the Leafs. It needs to be drilled into the heads of Leaf fans that this difference in talent between both teams is absolutely unacceptable. Leaf ownership and management and coaches and players have to be shamed day in and day out. 2 years ago the Habs and Leafs were in practically the same exact position. Toronto 5th last, Montreal 3rd last. 2 years later Habs are in the ECF and play with heart and skill and Toronto is in limbo with no foreseeable success in sight.

zroid

Banned
Bergevin should win the GM of the year award

Congrats Habs fans. Habs from top to bottom are managed so much better than the Leafs... It's disheartening to think about. I really don't think the Leafs are going to play any significant hockey for the next 7 years. Blergh... I hope so badly that the Habs win the Cup this year, more to shame and embarrass the Leafs. It needs to be drilled into the heads of Leaf fans that this difference in talent between both teams is absolutely unacceptable. Leaf ownership and management and coaches and players have to be shamed day in and day out. 2 years ago the Habs and Leafs were in practically the same exact position. Toronto 5th last, Montreal 3rd last. 2 years later Habs are in the ECF and play with heart and skill and Toronto is in limbo with no foreseeable success in sight.

Well said.

Samyy

a012b3ee19dc791d473949a87040df78.500x281x32.gif

Solo

Apparently Price addressed the team in the second intermission after he'd let in the 2-1 goal and basically said I got this.

Amazing to see how much of a leader and how much he's grown in 9 years.

Giggzy

I hate all the elation of Habs fans.. COME ON DUCKS GIVE ME THAT FEELING.

Any who, since I'm leaving for Yosemite today, good luck Ducks-Age on Friday.

If we win, well, FUCK YEAH! I look forward to playing Chicago in the WCF. Lots of lamps shall be lit.

If we lose, it has been one hell of a season. So many highs with the way this team has played this year. I'm truly excited about what we can accomplish next year. We'll definitely see some new blood with some salary cap freeing up due to the old guard leaving.

Teemu, it has been an absolute pleasure seeing you play for us over these years. You've brought nothing but joy to the team and the community. Truly a one-of-a-kind player and person. I really hope he stays with the club in some way. I'll be visiting your restaurant often for the chance to see you in person again. I love you T!

Koivu, if you are to retire, I'm heartbroken that we were unable to win you a cup. Nobody deserves one more than you. You're an inspiration to us all with what you've had to endure in your life. I really hope you come back for one more year as I think you still have a role to play here. You're offensive production may be diminished, but your defensive capabilities have been crucial for us. Night after night you shutdown the best players in the game.

I shall now go cry.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Teemu, it has been an absolute pleasure seeing you play for us over these years. You've brought nothing but joy to the team and the community. Truly a one-of-a-kind player and person. I really hope he stays with the club in some way. I'll be visiting your restaurant often for the chance to see you in person again. I love you T!

Teemu has expressed interest in joining management, saying that he thinks it would be a lot more fun to put together a team than actually running one day by day. Can't say I disagree with him. I bet he will take a year or two off first, though, before he can't resist the urge to get back into it.

Solo

In 2010, we rode Halak's Roy-like performance and Cammy's Richard-like performance. But there wasn't anything beyond that except for a very tight defensive system.

In 2014 we are rolling 4 lines, all which are dangerous, we have superstars in Subban, Vanek and Patches, and Carey is a wall back there. I like our chances a LOT more this time around. A much better team this time from top to bottom.

Top Bottom