• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Socreges

Banned
I feel a lot of next gen adopters have a lot of repressed salt from gaming side and are spilling it out here.
Yeah, my take was that XB1 owners come here to share their unrequited excitement because of scars from gaming side.

Still haven't decided which I'd ultimately buy but I'm happy MS has finally made certain necessary strides.

I bought both consoles and am not disappointed with where things are because this is what I expected in this time frame. There've been some decent games but nothing to write home about just yet. I'm much more interested in Nintendo games as far as consoles go right now. None of this matters though, Star Citizen is my lord and savior.

iLLmAtlc

Finally got MGS Ground Zeroes thanks to a tip from Canadian deals. Excited to start but it feels a bit weird being about 1 hour away from finishing before having removed the shrink wrap. :|

iLLmAtlc

also what did Shero do to put him into trouble? is this simply lack of results? that strikes me as weird because the coach is usually first to go in situations like that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, my take was that XB1 owners come here to share their unrequited excitement because of scars from gaming side.

Still haven't decided which I'd ultimately buy but I'm happy MS has finally made certain necessary strides.

Yeah I'm glad MS has finally at least matched the features of Sony at the same price, and I've always preferred Xbox controllers to Sony, but I'm still on the fence. Won't be buying either until fall though.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
also what did Shero do to put him into trouble? is this simply lack of results? that strikes me as weird because the coach is usually first to go in situations like that.

He never replaced Gonchar with anyone who could fill his shoes. Especially in terms of settling down Crosby and Malkin and getting them back in focus.

Clydefrog

My friend is going to the game tonight. He said he wants to witness the ducks fulfill their destiny.

Tell him to say the word "tabris" three times in the mirror and see what happens.

I'm still thinking of going but tickets are at $122 right now on stubhub and that's too pricey for my friends who want to go :|

Clydefrog

$122 for game 7 of a series as hard fought and close as this one is as close to "free give-away" status as you can get.

Yep. I told them that anywhere else in the country, we wouldn't even have an option of purchasing tickets the day of the game, let alone at $122!!

I'm not going by myself though

edit: hmm.. I should have said anywhere else but Florida.. or Phoenix..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I bought both consoles and am not disappointed with where things are because this is what I expected in this time frame. There've been some decent games but nothing to write home about just yet. I'm much more interested in Nintendo games as far as consoles go right now. None of this matters though, Star Citizen is my lord and savior.

In 2015. Yeaaaaaah.

For now I've been playing a lot of the Hex MMOTCG beta and NHL 14...

I had this dream of the most amazing game last night though, now that I think of it... Some kind of HD Ninja Gaiden MMO. It was awesome.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure I had a dream last night involving Jake Muzzin, and it's worsened by the fact I can't remember what it was about. :|

Just going to pretend it was me laughing at him after the Queens lose Game 7

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yep. I told them that anywhere else in the country, we wouldn't even have an option of purchasing tickets the day of the game, let alone at $122!!

I'm not going by myself though

edit: hmm.. I should have said anywhere else but Florida.. or Phoenix..

Bro, if I didn't already have tickets, I would have had you sit with me and my wife.

Not because we're friends, but just so that I wouldn't have to go looking for you in the parking lot after the game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this was a pretty interesting analysis of the coaching battle that went on in the MTL/BOS series

Also I'm seeing Million Dollar Arm this weekend instead of Godzilla because I'm a hippie

Wow that link in the article about Murray:
The result? Horrific possession results. In fact during these playoffs, Murray has been worse on the ice at even strength than 12 other teams while shorthanded during the 2013-14 season.

Heading in to OT, Murray had played 24.8 5v5 minutes during which time Boston had 39 shot attempts in the series. That's 94.3 SAF/60 for BOS

— mc79hockey (@mc79hockey) May 9, 2014

12 NHL teams didn't hit 94.3 SA/60 at 5v4 this year, to give that some context.

— mc79hockey (@mc79hockey) May 9, 2014

Lol you don't even know what QB is, do you? But yeah, you list four games to be excited about and all four are shooters. Good to see this gen picking up right where the last one left off with this shit.

It's Remedy, in Remedy we trust.

My friend is going to the game tonight. He said he wants to witness the ducks fulfill their destiny.

Have a seat over here, let me tell you about a little thing called Destiny.... It all started in 2011 when the Vanc.....

Samyy

The only game I want to play right now is Civ 5 :(
But I spent my PC money on a suit instead :(

And for some reason my Mac has decided that it doesn't want to play games anymore, can't even run AoM HD wtffff

Tell him to say the word "tabris" three times in the mirror and see what happens.

I'm still thinking of going but tickets are at $122 right now on stubhub and that's too pricey for my friends who want to go :|

$122 for game 7 of a series as hard fought and close as this one is as close to "free give-away" status as you can get.

If I didn't have to be in Fresno really early tomorrow to pick up my son I would be going to the game. Tickets aren't that expensive.

Anyone else just do jack shit today? Usually I hate that feeling but I'm ok with it today

Took a final

Calamari41

41 > 38
You're right, I brain farted and thought of Riverside when you said Fresno.

Fresno is a lot further away from the Pond than Riverside is.

Clydefrog

Bro, if I didn't already have tickets, I would have had you sit with me and my wife.

Not because we're friends, but just so that I wouldn't have to go looking for you in the parking lot after the game.

Heh, thanks man.

I'm in San Diego until 4 at the earliest or I'd be going. Don't think I'd make it up in time with the fires :( was planning on it until I was called down yesterday

Wait a minute, are you actually a firecat??

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, Therrien is such a bipolar coach, lol

That's what we've been saying. There's the part of him that coached the shortened season and these playoffs, then the other part that ignores all the good stuff he does and makes stupid decisions.

Plus the fact that he's constantly apologising for veterans fucking up, and burying rookies for making mistakes, but he seems to have cooled off on that.

Wait a minute, are you actually a firecat??

Hahaha, just have to fill in for a coworker at a meeting. Its only going to be like 10 minutes and I dont have anything to contribute, but for whatever reason they wanted me here.

What's it like down there today? We've got smoke warnings all up the OC coast, telling everyone to keep their kids and old people inside.

The Pendalton area down through Carlsbad was looking pretty apocalyptic. Haven't seen the southern fires.

On the positive side, finally getting to try Tacos el Gordo. Not as good as Oscar's but pretty damn good.

C2J9xKah.jpg

Heretic

Hahaha, just have to fill in for a coworker at a meeting. Its only going to be like 10 minutes and I dont have anything to contribute, but for whatever reason they wanted me here.

The Pendalton area down through Carlsbad was looking pretty apocalyptic. Haven't seen the southern fires.

On the positive side, finally getting to try Tacos el Gordo. Not as good as Oscar's but pretty damn good.

That's one ugly ass shirt. Tacos look good though!

Acid08

Banned
I think I'll buy a one day pass for HS to watch tonight. I believe in you dstrdl, hrtc, Smack, Cala, and Giggz.

U suck clyde and pickles

Solo

Alright ye skanks, I am off to a bachelor party and won't be around for Game 1.

Go Habs go and I will throw a toonie in a stripper's snatch for every time Pierre gets wood during the game.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I didn't "fall for it"... I'm just trying to make the time go by faster

IT'S NOT WORKING!

I want to just fall asleep and wake up when it's over.

Honestly so do I. I can't stand watching my teams specifically in elimination playoff hockey games and BCS games.

Top Bottom