• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

cube444

UPDATE:

Looks like it's just GM Shero, coach Bylsma remains.

Looking forward to future early playoff exits.

Hilarious how Mario and the Pens continue to coddle Sid.

"Hey, let's not fire Bylsma now because it will make it seem like Sid asked for it."

Instead they'll let time pass and get the new GM to fire Bylsma so Sid can act all hurt and shocked at the move. :lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm beginning to see that this is where the excitement is coming from. Fair enough. You guys adopted a machine that is only now beginning to merit its existence. Must be a nice feeling, and I do mean that sincerely.

I have been enjoying the system from the beginning just I'm sure PS4 owners have. Lots a good games on both. I'm just finally getting into Dead Rising 3, which has been a ton of fun in co-op. Xbox owners aren't allowed to be excited though.

I have been enjoying the system from the beginning just I'm sure PS4 owners have. Lots a good games on both. I'm just finally getting into Dead Rising 3, which has been a ton of fun in co-op. Xbox owners aren't allowed to be excited though.

I really want to check out DR3 but I have been spending so much time with PVZ:GW and TF that I dont have time to check anything else out.

Heretic

Yeah I'm beginning to see that this is where the excitement is coming from. Fair enough. You guys adopted a machine that is only now beginning to merit its existence. Must be a nice feeling, and I do mean that sincerely.
I disagree. The excitement comes from the announcement of new games and additions to the OS and general outlook. Same with the other systems.

GAF

Banned
So you're saying they set the bar so low that anything above that is "on a roll"? But seriously, what else? I'm not seeing this roll.
No more paywall for several apps, Games with Gold expands to Xbox One, big discount campaigns for digital games, no more forced Kinect for those who don't want it, monthly system updates etc.

If they decided to give all this before E3, they must be pretty sure that they can wow people with what's left in E3 (games?).

No more paywall for several apps, Games with Gold expands to Xbox One, big discount campaigns for digital games, no more forced Kinect for those who don't want it, monthly system updates etc.

If they decided to give all this before E3, they must be pretty sure that they can wow people with what's left in E3 (games?).

Phil said they are releasing so much info before E3 because they had way more then they could fit into 1:30. I cant wait to seer what it all is.

Socreges

Banned
I disagree. The excitement comes from the announcement of new games and additions to the OS and general outlook. Same with the other systems.

Right. But what announcements of new games? Pleading ignorance here. There must be something I've missed but you guys haven't answered my questions (besides 'this thing that they should have given us before we now have!').

Right. But what announcements of new games? Pleading ignorance here. There must be something I've missed but you guys haven't answered my questions (besides 'this thing that they should have given us before we now have!').

A lot of people are excited about Halo 5, even though we knew it was coming it is nice to have confirmation that it will be 60 fps and use an all new next gen engine. People are also excited about H2A, Halo 2 had the best mp in most peoples minds and get a redone version will be big for a lot of people. We saw the first footage of SO and it looks amazing. There are tons of rumors going around about what will be shown at E3, but we know for a fact that QB gameplay is going to be shown. In terms of games the XB1 has a much better lineup right now then its competitors and it is easy to see that they have a lot of interesting stuff coming up.

I got an Xbox One, to me it seems both consoles really don't have anything worthwhile right now. Though I got the Xbone on the prospect of playing Halo and Fable, those are my favorite franchises so that's why I got one. Everything around that doesn't really matter to me, if I'm concerned with resolution or frame rate I'll just play third party games on PC. Though stuff like that really only bothers me at the end of a generation, I'll probably get The Witcher 3 on the Xbone, will be getting Destiny on Xbox because that's where my friends will be. I'm excited for the next two years, there won't be a lack of games. I really wish there was a solid RPG out now, that's my biggest gripe.

Curufinwe

They dropped the price to $450 and gave away Titanfall for free and still sold less consoles than the PS4 in March. Your view of the quality of the games lineup is not shared by most consumers.

Heretic

They dropped the price to $450 and gave away Titanfall for free and still sold less consoles than the PS4 in March. Your view of the quality of the games lineup is not shared by most consumers.

So that had nothing to do with how MS was viewed by most gamers? Was the hype for TitanFall on the PS fake?

Curufinwe

Titanfall's a good game that a lot of people would buy if it was on the PS4. That doesn't mean the overall Xbox One games lineup is "much better". The PS4 also has its exclusives like Infamous and MLB.

Honest question...

How much coke do you snort on a daily basis?

None. How much coke were you doing last year when you were writing all those fan fiction posts on GAF about how strong the Xbox One would be?

You must have been coked out of your gourd when you wrote this defense post for Microsoft's horrendous DRM policies that they were forced to backtrack on only two weeks later.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61493061&postcount=405

so why are the loyal xbox customers not really giving a shit about any of this?

oh... maybe it's because all these things are being super overblown? sure seems like it, to me.

Acid08

Banned
A lot of people are excited about Halo 5, even though we knew it was coming it is nice to have confirmation that it will be 60 fps and use an all new next gen engine. People are also excited about H2A, Halo 2 had the best mp in most peoples minds and get a redone version will be big for a lot of people. We saw the first footage of SO and it looks amazing. There are tons of rumors going around about what will be shown at E3, but we know for a fact that QB gameplay is going to be shown. In terms of games the XB1 has a much better lineup right now then its competitors and it is easy to see that they have a lot of interesting stuff coming up.
So.....nothing new then? Three games that were already announced/shown. All shooters too *snore*

I love (read:hate) that come E3, the inner fanboys come raging out in this thread. And you may say "who, me? A fanboy?" And I will say "yes, because you're arguing about sales and quality of video game consoles to the point where you get slightly angry and frustrated"

Acid08

Banned
I like video games. They are cool sometimes.
Hopefully E3 will bring some fun game announcements, finally providing a good reason to jump into this new generation of boxes. Until then, 3DS and Vita have been commanding all my gaming time. Too much good stuff.

Curufinwe

Hopefully E3 will bring some fun game announcements, finally providing a good reason to jump into this new generation of boxes. Until then, 3DS and Vita have been commanding all my gaming time. Too much good stuff.

The only game I really want to play on next gen right now is AC4, but I think I will wait till after E3 to get a console. I've still got games I got for free on the old consoles like Sleeping Dogs on 360 and PES 2014 on PS3 to take up some time till then.

I take blame for bringing up MS.

But it's everyone else's fault for escalating it, you are all to blame!!!

Seriously, we have all lost interest in the playoffs now and want it to end so we can get to the offseason right?

Mentok

Banned
Hilarious how Mario and the Pens continue to coddle Sid.

"Hey, let's not fire Bylsma now because it will make it seem like Sid asked for it."

Instead they'll let time pass and get the new GM to fire Bylsma so Sid can act all hurt and shocked at the move. :lol

Honestly, I can see why they'll "hang on" to Blysma. There's no point in them doing a coach search while they're looking for a GM and if they fire Blysma now they risk a lengthy period between getting a better coach that fits the GM/owners' vision.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah because SO and QB are just your typical shooters.
Lol you don't even know what QB is, do you? But yeah, you list four games to be excited about and all four are shooters. Good to see this gen picking up right where the last one left off with this shit.

Only a matter of time. I wouldn't bet on the new GM wanting to keep Bylsma.

New GM might be the interim GM who used to be the assistant. Not sure what firing the GM does if the assistant has the same ideas.

We'll all find out soon enough.

Edit: Would be hilarious if after investigating, that Bylsma should be given a lengthy extension

Lol you don't even know what QB is, do you? But yeah, you list four games to be excited about and all four are shooters. Good to see this gen picking up right where the last one left off with this shit.

I understand genre fatigue big time, but the game industry is nothing if not repetitive. The worst part is when things get stuck in a loop of games in a genre already wearing thin on you. The indie scene is sort of making that situation more bearable but until someone figures out the next big thing, shooters it's gonna be.

I'm still addicted to making Skyrim "perfect" modding, load orders, recently getting into memory usage. I cannot help myself. I want to play DS2 but I'm always looking to make skyrim better. Send help.

Top Bottom