• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Should put the entire discussion to rest...

LoathsomeEntireChinchilla.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Well 3 days ago people were concerned in Montreal that there was a lack of emotions between the Habs and the Ranger (especially after playing 7 games against the Bruins).... I guess that's not an issue anymore lol.

I remember being so salty about Kassian accidentally cutting Bolland's heel. For a couple days, I just could not accept that one of the team's more effective players had been injured in a fluke incident. Blame had to be given.

OC Warriors have been hoping for the Clippers to move south for a long time. Even during their shit years, they always sold out when they came down to play at the Pond.

It would be so convenient. Maybe when the team gets sold. I do catch 5-6 games at Staples a year.

I've followed the Clippers since Danny Manning because I thought they were the ultimate underdogs. Didn't want to root for the Lakers when everyone else did... and with my 'friends' telling me all the time that Kobe is the greatest player of all time, Kobe is better than Jordan, etc. I started disliking the Lakers. Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker ever. Magic is.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I remember being so salty about Kassian accidentally cutting Bolland's heel. For a couple days, I just could not accept that one of the team's more effective players had been injured in a fluke incident. Blame had to be given.

Yeah, I'm as prone to the whole "Oh great, they're just out there to end careers now!" rage as anybody, but usually you sit back, calm down, and realize that accidents happen. Some things are obvious, like the Stoll/Vlasic thing, but others like this you kind of have to give the benefit of the doubt. I mean, the Robidas leg break was way easier to spin as an "intentional injury" than this (bro drops right down on his knee from the side), but it still clearly was an accident. Just my two cents, flame away.

It would be so convenient. Maybe when the team gets sold. I do catch 5-6 games at Staples a year.

I've followed the Clippers since Danny Manning because I thought they were the ultimate underdogs. Didn't want to root for the Lakers when everyone else did... and with my 'friends' telling me all the time that Kobe is the greatest player of all time, Kobe is better than Jordan, etc. I started disliking the Lakers. Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker ever. Magic is.

Yeah, I'm not a big basketball guy, but I went to Clippers games on occasion when I lived up in LA because it was easy to just walk in on a whim. I guess that makes me a "typical Kings fan" Clippers fan, but I would probably start getting into basketball a lot more if it were as easy as trolling up to Anaheim for a game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if the GIF is exactly proving your point there. He extended his arm, they even mentioned it during the broadcast. He didn't exactly try to lessen the impact.

Disclaimer: I thought the contact with Price was incidental.

The MAF one was the one that was the closest to being a penalty. He was definitely pushed in, but he probably wasn't pushed SO hard that he couldn't avoid hitting Fleury shoulder first (though I don't think there's anything he likely could have done to avoid contact entirely). I don't really see him "extend" his arm, though. His arm is pressed right up against his body when he hit Fleury. It does come out as part of the "follow through" I guess, but that looks more like the simple physics of the collision at play rather than any real intentional move on Kreider's part.

The Price incident is just about as clearly not his fault as you can get, though (unless you want to blame him for being really fast). If anything, after looking at those slowed down replays, Kreider probably should have had a penalty shot.

Ricker

Would be awesome if the Habs found a way to win tonight. This thread would be mega salty. :lol

They have to win tonight...I am going to be positive about this and hope that the Habs will rally together now,win this series for Price,and make an extra effort since they have a back up goalie in the net...this will work if they win tonight,otherwise,not so sure...

Bob Murray extended to 2020.

As much as I wanted him gone a few years ago... he's done a pretty good job the last few years and listening to his scouts (who I think are some of the best).

Bonino for Huskins? FLEECED.

Corey Perry got a penalty shot for significantly less

Yuuup.

Also:

Tawnos: I'm going to keep repeating until it's acknowledged. 0.3 seconds is the highest estimate of the amount of time he had to correct his body position and avoid Price. The distance from the slash to Price is about 3 meters. 3m / (36.2 kph x 1000 m / 3,600 sec)

Could have avoided him no problem!

/s

cube444

The first period is huge IMO tonight in the sense we don't know how the Habs will react. Will they focus all their energy on looking to hit Kreider and bump Lundqvist or will they internally say "let's go out and focus on helping our new goalie" instead? If they aren't mentally there early, the Rangers will do exactly the same thing that they did in Game 1.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The first period is huge IMO tonight in the sense we don't know how the Habs will react. Will they focus all their energy on looking to hit Kreider and bump Lundqvist or will they internally say "let's go out and focus on helping our new goalie" instead? If they aren't mentally there early, the Rangers will do exactly the same thing that they did in Game 1.

If they bump Lundqvist this series is gonna get really, really ugly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's a big question. If you're the Habs, you just need to play your game and try to win. The Rangers just beat a team that was at least on paper superior by throwing them off their game and making them become undisciplined. You have to think the Canadiens are aware of that and won't make the same mistake the Penguins did.

Now is probably a good time to remind everyone once again that the Rangers are an NHL record 0-13 in their last 13 games with a series lead and 0-8 in their last 8 Game 2's. We also have a habit of being hot garbage against backup goalies.

_DrMario_

Well back from work, hope you guys had fun with your little faux outrage session. I know for a lot of gaffers it's the only way they get hard nowadays.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect anything to happen except Gallagher will get a harmless goaltender interference penalty and some people will get up in arms about the Habs running Lundqvist.

Voyou San

Neo Member
I can't seem to find a team I want to root for out of the 4 left. I know I def. don't want the Kings to win anything, so maybe NYR.

Top Bottom