• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Joe T.

Looks like that CBC playoff opening montage set to For Whom The Bell Tolls is back online, in case anyone missed it the first time around:

http://vimeo.com/92772273

Hoping the Habs can keep stepping their game up as the series rolls along, the Rangers have proven to be a much more impressive match up than I gave them credit for going into this series. Scheduling has been weird this year, wasn't happy about Rangers having an extra day of rest despite both teams going the full seven games last round. Also, only two games scheduled between them over the course of a full week this round... I know Kings are hated around here, but still hoping for a 1993 rematch.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I gotta say I was disappointed in the crowd energy at the Garden. Ticket prices are insanely high, pricing out the diehard fans and replacing them with lifeless suits who aren't hockey fans.

Tough loss last night, but hopefully the Rangers will bounce back in Game 4.

Carcillo is an old fashioned goon who is able to score sometimes. I don't hate him.

But you don't touch the officials. That is a big no no.

It's like resisting arrest and striking a cop. The punishment in hockey terms should be scrict

Some Rangers fans on my FB are bitter at Canada today.

Need I remind them that Galchenyuk is actually American?

It's like resisting arrest and striking a cop. The punishment in hockey terms should be scrict

I know at least for USA Hockey, if I get struck by a player like in that situation, I can actually file an assault charge on them lol.

ShaneB

Carcillo is an old fashioned goon who is able to score sometimes. I don't hate him.

But you don't touch the officials. That is a big no no.

Agreed. Throw the library at him.

Mr.Green

So Prust will get a phone call at 4pm and will most likely get a suspension...

Please bring that guy in:

ryan-white.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Brassard, Stepan, and Carcillo may all be out potentially? That's a bit worrying

I'm sure Brassard will be back. But if Stepan is done for any amount of time, the question is what to do about that line. J.T. MIller will obviously slot into the lineup, so I guess you go:

Kreider-Miller-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

Although knowing AV he'll probably move Moore up to the Nash line and put Miller on the fourth line.

Mentok

Banned
Some Rangers fans on my FB are bitter at Canada today.

Need I remind them that Galchenyuk is actually American?

It's funny because the Rangers have quite a few star Canadian players and the American guys on the Habs (AGally and Patches) had a great game.

EDIT: I can see both Prust and Carcillo being suspended the rest of this series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny because the Rangers have quite a few star Canadian players and the American guys on the Habs (AGally and Patches) had a great game.

EDIT: I can see both Prust and Carcillo being suspended the rest of this series.

Carcillo is gone for 10 games if Kypreos' tweet can be trusted (a stretch, I know). He wouldn't be available again until Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Sad that Carcillo had been so great for us ever since we traded for him, to the point that I thought he was a sure re-sign (assuming it was cheap) in the off-season. Now I'm 99.9% sure we've seen Carcillo's last game in a Rangers uniform.

Oh well, I guess that's the risk you take putting him on your team.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh damn, I didn't realize that Carcillo has been suspended 6 times before. Given that the rule book says "minimum" next to the suspension times for each category of offense... yeah, we aren't going to be seeing him until Fall at the earliest.

Spazo

Prust suspended for the rest of the series ?! Come on...

Gryba had 2 games in 2013 for his hit on Eller. A much more vicious hit

Holiday

Banned
Does anyone here have gamecenter? I'm in Germany for the next month and I'm thinking of buying it so I can watch these hateful series.

Mentok

Banned
He went high, but hit was to the chest

Stefan broke his jaw when he fell.

I think he will get a 1-2 games suspension max

I still can't believe they cleared him to return to this ice and he came out hitting everything that moved. He may be missing game #4, but I doubt it. Prust should get a 2 game suspension, not because it was a high hit but because it was way too late.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Any jaw contact in the Prust hit was incidental; the point of contact was the chest. He would have to have a glass jaw to break it on Prust's shoulder pad. I am guessing that it broke when he hit the ice, or while he was flapping it at the ref for fifteen minutes after the play.

The only thing illegal about the hit was the lateness of it. As I understand it, at least.

Spazo

I still can't believe they cleared him to return to this ice and he came out hitting everything that moved. He may be missing game #4, but I doubt it. Prust should get a 2 game suspension, not because it was a high hit but because it was way too late.

Thats right

Also, saw on twitter that xray was negative yesturday... Dont know what changed from that time and today

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thats right

Also, saw on twitter that xray was negative yesturday... Dont know what changed from that time and today

A second xray found a fracture, which means it wasn't that big and they probably missed it on the first pass. Probably better equipment wherever he went today? I'm not minimizing the injury, but its not like his jaw was cracked in half.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A second xray found a fracture, which means it wasn't that big and they probably missed it on the first pass. Probably better equipment wherever he went today? I'm not minimizing the injury, but its not like his jaw was cracked in half.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see Stepan back sooner rather than later with a face guard, at least just judging by the circumstances and how he played through it last night. It's just a matter of how soon he can be cleared.

The short is, we need to win on Sunday and then on Tuesday and let everyone get rested up while the Hawks and Kings beat the shit out of each other.

...we can dream, at least.

Mentok

Banned
Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see Stepan back sooner rather than later with a face guard, at least just judging by the circumstances and how he played through it last night. It's just a matter of how soon he can be cleared.

The short is, we need to win on Sunday and then on Tuesday and let everyone get rested up while the Hawks and Kings beat the shit out of each other.

...we can dream, at least.

I respectfully disagree and hope the Habs make it go 7 :)

Top Bottom