• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

You're probably right, Smack. Plus the Kings are just the better team in all phases of the game. Better offensive firepower, defense for sure, coaching, and above all else fans. Expect "GO KINGS GO" to drown out whatever the Chicago fans can muster on Sunday.

Cartman will take over their jumbotron, guiding the crowd to a Go Kings Go chant. Hawks fans will be persuaded to drop their casserole of a pizza and bow down to LA superiority.

ShaneB

If I ever bought a jersey, I'd probably go this route

I'd either do this, or just go for a classic player. If I get a Caps jersey, I really wouldn't want to just be boring and get a Ovechkin jersey, I'd probably go for Gartner's retired #11 or something. Just something that's always a part of the team history. so you should get a Mikita jersey Metal. =)

cube444

I don't think momentum matters too much when there's a break. Maybe momentum during games. I don't think Quick will lose 3 games in a row.

Should be a piece of cake to beat the defending champs in Chicago. All the pressure is on them to make it to the finals again. Kings just want to have fun.

Pressure is on the Kings after folding two games in a row.

zroid

Banned
I don't think Quick will lose 3 games in a row.
wellllll he already did once in the yoffs

I'd either do this, or just go for a classic player. If I get a Caps jersey, I really wouldn't want to just be boring and get a Ovechkin jersey, I'd probably go for Gartner's retired #11 or something. Just something that's always a part of the team history. so you should get a Mikita jersey Metal. =)

True, classic's not a bad idea either

TrueGrime

I don't think momentum matters too much when there's a break. Maybe momentum during games. I don't think Quick will lose 3 games in a row.

Should be a piece of cake to beat the defending champs in Chicago. All the pressure is on them to make it to the finals again. Kings just want to have fun.

Doubt that they want to lose three in a row. Not sure if there is any fun in that.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Cartman will take over their jumbotron, guiding the crowd to a Go Kings Go chant. Hawks fans will be persuaded to drop their casserole of a pizza and bow down to LA superiority.

And there will be Clydefrog, towering above it all on his throne of ebon and malachite, his life long months long desires all but fulfilled.

ShaneB

True, classic's not a bad idea either

Well for a new fan maybe not... Just because there is no connection there at all. I've always loved Mike Gartner, so there's that for me. Just plenty of options really, no need to rush to get an expensive jersey either!

Acid08

Banned
You're probably right, Smack. Plus the Kings are just the better team in all phases of the game. Better offensive firepower, defense for sure, coaching, and above all else fans. Expect "GO KINGS GO" to drown out whatever the Chicago fans can muster on Sunday.
The Hiller chants will be deafening.

Shut up Tabris

So are all official jerseys going to be the same price? I'm assuming the ones from the official NHL store are going to be the most expensive, but if other stores are licensed to sell official NHL jerseys perhaps they drop the price to encourage people to buy from them?

$170 will be impossible for me to justify for quite a while for an article of clothing i'll only wear a few times a year

No. You wear them every game day, damnit.

Chaotix

1959400_656204134459447_8707244439567776168_n.jpg

When Hawks win tomorrow remember I was the one that called them to win in 7. Kane is fucking Kings' kryptonite. I mean that too because that's the only reason they must not want to touch him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ECF Game 6 NBC ratings:

2.12M viewers for Game 6 of Habs/Rangers. Up 43% from the last ECF Game 6 (NYR/NJ, 2012). 8.5 rating in NY, a new record for NBCSN.

TrueGrime

It's nice to know that if/when the demo for NHL 15 comes out that the demo will be defaulted to the Rangers and whoever wins the WCF. That's a good feeling.

Well, I had Hawks in 6, but i'd be lying if I said my hopes weren't sky high after going up 3-1.

The most comforting words I can imagine right now:

Justin Williams

God, what's he posting so far this series? Seems like he's an enigma out there.

I'm wondering if Sutter will shorten the bench. Maybe he'll jumble lines. We have to do something at this point because even though this matchup is coming down to a bounce or two, we need better control in the neutral zone.

Hey Pickles, before you calm yourself down by recalling the other two game 7's this year, just also remember that the Kings were the ones with all the momentum in those games. This time, they have none. None of the momentum. That would be the Hawks.

All you really have to say is that unlike those teams, the Hawks actually know how to play at home.

..And game 7s.

Here's some more words for you

Patrick Kane has tallied 52 points (24G, 28A) in 45 matches in Games 4-7 of a series.

The 2 times that Patrick Kane has played in a Game 7, the Blackhawks are 1-1 and he has 0 goals, 0 assists and is a -2.

Both are meaningless stats but hey I just had to.

Top Bottom