• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

zychi

Banned
So, here's why I so desperately wanted the Hawks to win this game (besides the obvious of, duh, I want them to win)

I'M FINALLY MOVING TO CHICAGO ON SUNDAY

MEANING I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH GAME SEVEN AT THE SPORTS BAR NEAR MY APARTMENT ON A HUGE FLATSCREEN HD TV WITH TONS OF CRAZY FANS WHILE DRINKING OVERPRICED BEER

And that just sounds dandy!

I was supposed to move into my apt last weekend, but I snapped my ankle while moving shit, so i've been immobilized at home all this week.

I have a helluva goofy limp and an ugly walking boot, but goddam it, it will be good enough to get me to the bar and back

Need to buy a jersey for Sunday though but I can't drive (due to my ankle)! I wonder how frequent shops are in the streets of chi-town that sell sports apparel.

Either way, HYYYYYPE. I won't be watching the game with you fine blokes, but I'm sure it will be an electric atmosphere at the sports bar (especially since I've lived in a tiny town my whole life and the bar scene here is laughable, so ANYTHING will seem electric by comparison). It will certainly be much better than watching the games alone in my room like I have been this week.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...store&ei=nFKJU-jNM5OVqAbln4LYBw&ved=0COQBELYD

we have actual blackhawks official stores in the city :)

Marvie_3

Banned
So, here's why I so desperately wanted the Hawks to win this game (besides the obvious of, duh, I want them to win)

MEANING I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH GAME SEVEN AT THE SPORTS BAR NEAR MY APARTMENT ON A HUGE FLATSCREEN HD TV WITH TONS OF CRAZY FANS WHILE DRINKING OVERPRICED BEER

I was supposed to move into my apt last weekend, but I snapped my ankle while moving shit, so i've been immobilized at home all this week.

I have a helluva goofy limp and an ugly walking boot, but goddam it, it will be good enough to get me to the bar and back

Need to buy a jersey for Sunday though but I can't drive (due to my ankle)! I wonder how frequent shops are in the streets of chi-town that sell sports apparel.

Either way, HYYYYYPE. I won't be watching the game with you fine blokes, but I'm sure it will be an electric atmosphere at the sports bar (especially since I've lived in a tiny town my whole life and the bar scene here is laughable, so ANYTHING will seem electric by comparison). It will certainly be much better than watching the games alone in my room like I have been this week.
Protip: NEVER buy a jersey from nhl.com

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Oh man, that's going to be amazing. Congratz!

That's an experience you can't explain with words. It'll just be amazing.

Left the bar to to sulk and a table of Hawks fans clapped us out. This world is 2 cruel.

Lot of night left fellas. I'm going to get high and play Baldur's Gate. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday. Hawks fans, Sunday is the Cup. Be ready.

Anything I post from here on out is under wasted rules. Advanced potential apologies.

I'm not saying any pro athlete should be made immortal, then strung to an electrocuting cross for a hundred years.

But if aliens threatened to destroy the planet unless we offered up a sacrifice to be made immortal and strung up to an electrocuting cross for a hundred years, would there be a better candidate than Patrick Kane?

Don't say Dustin Brown.

Dustin Brown.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Left the bar to to sulk and a table of Hawks fans clapped us out. This world is 2 cruel.

Lot of night left fellas. I'm going to get high and play Baldur's Gate. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday. Hawks fans, Sunday is the Cup. Be ready.

Anything I post from here on out is under wasted rules. Advanced potential apologies.

i know, whenever i get wasted, my first desire is to play baldurs gate, it only makes sense.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think it's because they use a heat press to stick the numbers on instead of stitching them.
This. Fucking garbage quality.

so then where do you buy them? are heat presses for the screen printed ones?
The replica jerseys you find at sporting good stores all have screen printed logos, but at least they're sewn on so they don't fall off.

Metal, if you do need to wash your jersey, do NOT put it in a dryer. Let that shit air dry.

Smiley90

I'm not saying any pro athlete should be made immortal, then strung to an electrocuting cross for a hundred years.

But if aliens threatened to destroy the planet unless we offered up a sacrifice to be made immortal and strung up to an electrocuting cross for a hundred years, would there be a better candidate than Patrick Kane?

Don't say Dustin Brown.

Dustin Bro-oh

Awesome! Let me just check the online store...

Protip: NEVER buy a jersey from nhl.com
HOLY SMOKES NO KIDDING. $169.95 for ONE jersey? What in the bloody menstruated fuck?

There goes THAT idea! That is some crazy next-level bullshit right there.

Oh man, that's going to be amazing. Congratz!

That's an experience you can't explain with words. It'll just be amazing.
Yeah? I'm hoping it's awesome - the downside is I can't be choosey about where I go (due to my injury). There is a sports bar within two minutes of my apartment, so I'm at least HOPING it's good, but I guess I won't know for sure until I get there.

By the time the Hawks are battling it out for the Cup though, I should be mobile enough to check out some downtown bars for the games. Can't wait.

Mullet bros

Yeah? I'm hoping it's awesome - the downside is I can't be choosey about where I go (due to my injury). There is a sports bar within two minutes of my apartment, so I'm at least HOPING it's good, but I guess I won't know for sure until I get there.

By the time the Hawks are battling it out for the Cup though, I should be mobile enough to check out some downtown bars for the games. Can't wait.

What area did you move to?

Marvie_3

Banned
Awesome! Let me just check the online store...

HOLY SMOKES NO KIDDING. $169.95 for ONE jersey? What in the bloody menstruated fuck?

There goes THAT idea! That is some crazy next-level bullshit right there.
NHL jerseys are pretty expensive. It sucks. You could always get a counterfeit one from China and look like a tool?

Before this round started, I was hoping the Rangers/Hawks would win their series early so there would be a chance of catching a game at MSG for me next week. Now, even if the Hawks do win, Game 3 wouldn't be until after I'm back in Minneapolis.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I seriously fell asleep somewhere along the way there. I remember the Kings scoring the first time, and then the next thing I heard was "THERE WILL BE A GAME 7!" Last couple days must have really taken it out of me.

But yesssssss! Beat the crap out of each other on Sunday!

Seriously, though, Game 7 is the only right way for this series to end.

Quick

Banned
I think it's because they use a heat press to stick the numbers on instead of stitching them.

I have no issue with heat pressed numbers and nameplates, it's the fact that they're screen printed. It's still a separate piece from the jersey, but it looks like shit.

IMG_20120124_180812.jpg

WHY are official jerseys so expensive? There is no way it can cost them more than $30 to actually make the damn things, right? I guess I'll just buy a shitty t-shirt for now until I'm more vested in the sport and have been following them for at least a full season

What area did you move to?
North Side! PM me if you want something more specific (especially if you either live in the area or have good recommendations for places to go to watch the games!)

Before this round started, I was hoping the Rangers/Hawks would win their series early so there would be a chance of catching a game at MSG for me next week. Now, even if the Hawks do win, Game 3 wouldn't be until after I'm back in Minneapolis.
What is MSG? It's like you drunkenly tried to abbreviate Metal Gear Solid!

Smiley90

WHY are official jerseys so expensive? There is no way it can cost them more than $30 to actually make the damn things, right? I guess I'll just buy a shitty t-shirt for now until I'm more vested in the sport and have been following them for at least a full season

North Side! PM me if you want something more specific (especially if you either live in the area or have good recommendations for places to go to watch the games!)

Madison Square Garden, where the Rangers play.

Don't say Dustin Brown.

STOLL

Acid agrees

Marvie_3

Banned
I own one!

But I hate it so much. Instant regret.
lol 99% of those knockoff jerseys are INSTANTLY noticeable. There's the occasional one that looks pretty close and then there's the ones that aren't even in the ballpark.

It makes food delicious.

zychi

Banned
lol 99% of those knockoff jerseys are INSTANTLY noticeable. There's the occasional one that looks pretty close and then there's the ones that aren't even in the ballpark.

It makes food delicious.

the hawks is the easiest to see. the face on the logo is the completely wrong color.

Marvie_3

Banned
How the hell were you just going to "catch a game" there? Are tickets not sold out?

Tickets go on sale on Monday at noon.

They'll probably be sold out around Monday at 12:05, though.

This.

Or pay out the ass on stubhub. :lol

the hawks is the easiest to see. the face on the logo is the completely wrong color.

Yeah, I've seen ones where the face is some weird, shit green color. It's fucking horrifying. :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Quick glance at Stubhub shows the cheapest ticket for Game 3 going for $974 right now.

Seats in my section one row up from mine are going for $1800. :O

EDIT: Honestly, depending on how the series begins, I MIGHT sell my ticket to Game 4. No way I sell Game 3 (first game at MSG plus the game they give you free shirts and shit) or Game 6 (Stanley Cup guaranteed to be on the line and absolute final game at the Garden for the season), but I could maybe part with Game 4's ticket and pay off the rest of next year's regular season. :D

Top Bottom