• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

You get home, you feed your dog, and suddenly things are all in the right perspective.

One more game seven. That's all it is. One more to add to the legacy. I hadn't thought it all throughout the playoffs until this point, but maybe this is another team of destiny. Because winning on Sunday would definitely put them up there for me.

Goddamn do I ever hate Patrick Kane

Velcro Fly

$1,000 could get you an entire section's worth of tickets if Phoenix/Florida were to make the Finals.

The Rangers are playing really well right now. I think they'd be a challenge for either team out west.

I wish I lived in a joke sports town so I could go to games and shit for cheap. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
You get home, you feed your dog, and suddenly things are all in the right perspective.

One more game seven. That's all it is. One more to add to the legacy. I hadn't thought it all throughout the playoffs until this point, but maybe this is another team of destiny. Because winning on Sunday would definitely put them up there for me.

Goddamn do I ever hate Patrick Kane

innaNH5k1iGGY.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, Game 4 one row down from me is listed for $2700. :D

Even if they took 10% out of that as a service fee, that's a $2200 profit.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Boy, it sure was nice watching the end of that game in a bar full of Kings bandwagoners while waiting for a table. I gave it a nice slow clap during the dead silence.

Quick

Banned
It does but when they're heat pressed, the durability goes way down.

Yeah, for sure. I don't wear jerseys unless I'm attending a game or an event that requires/asks people to wear jerseys, so my heat pressed jerseys are fine.

Mine have screen printed stitching, so it looks like it's stitched on. I'm okay with these. I have a stitched Sundin jersey (Leafs alternate) and Crosby jersey (Olympics 2010 jersey) and both are definitely of better quality.

lol 99% of those knockoff jerseys are INSTANTLY noticeable. There's the occasional one that looks pretty close and then there's the ones that aren't even in the ballpark.

What I hate are the ones with incorrect typefaces. I see it more on baseball jerseys than hockey ones, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, for sure. I don't wear jerseys unless I'm attending a game or an event that requires/asks people to wear jerseys, so my heat pressed jerseys are fine.
If I need to walk to the liquor store, I'll just throw on a jersey or a hoodie. Whichever is closer.

What I hate are the ones with incorrect typefaces. I see it more on baseball jerseys than hockey ones, though.

That's always what I notice first. There was a sports card shop here that had a whole rack of knockoff jerseys from ebay. I just laughed when I walked by. Awful stuff.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So both teams in the Stanley Cup Final are guaranteed to have played at least 20 games in the first 3 rounds. Has that ever happened before?

Thinking back to what I said during the Sharks series and how it applies to Hawks fans.

Thinking back to I said during the Ducks series and how I should recapture that.

Thinking back to 2012 and being simultaneously happy and sad.

This world is 2 cruel.

Yea, pay the money to get a jersey with actual stitching if the prices are close

Also, people can list tickets on stub hub for whatever they want........getting someone to actually buy them is the important part and as more tickets go up, the prices go down

So if you want to profit go undercut everyone lol

Yea, pay the money to get a jersey with actual stitching if the prices are close

Also, people can list tickets on stub hub for whatever they want........getting someone to actually buy them is the important part and as more tickets go up, the prices go down

So if you want to profit go undercut everyone lol

or just wait last minute and get em cheap(er)

My brother flew to Boston for game 6 without having tickets. And saw them win the cup. Very jealous

So are all official jerseys going to be the same price? I'm assuming the ones from the official NHL store are going to be the most expensive, but if other stores are licensed to sell official NHL jerseys perhaps they drop the price to encourage people to buy from them?

$170 will be impossible for me to justify for quite a while for an article of clothing i'll only wear a few times a year

Dark Lord Bettman must be salivating right now

2 of the top 5 TV markets in NA

No weak ass Canadian revenues

NHL Poster Boy and All 'round American hero Hank Lundqvist in his first SCF

Quick

Banned
So are all official jerseys going to be the same price? I'm assuming the ones from the official NHL store are going to be the most expensive, but if other stores are licensed to sell official NHL jerseys perhaps they drop the price to encourage people to buy from them?

$170 will be impossible for me to justify for quite a while for an article of clothing i'll only wear a few times a year

It's around that price everywhere, unless you either find jerseys with recently traded players or outdated jerseys. The Blackhawks probably won't have outdated jerseys, though. The Winter Classic/old alternate jerseys are probably collectors items, too.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey Pickles, before you calm yourself down by recalling the other two game 7's this year, just also remember that the Kings were the ones with all the momentum in those games. This time, they have none. None of the momentum. That would be the Hawks.

Samyy

Why not get a t-shirt?
Wear it in any situation!

Hey Pickles, before you calm yourself down by recalling the other two game 7's this year, just also remember that the Kings were the ones with all the momentum in those games. This time, they have none. None of the momentum. That would be the Hawks.

I don't think momentum matters too much when there's a break. Maybe momentum during games. I don't think Quick will lose 3 games in a row.

Should be a piece of cake to beat the defending champs in Chicago. All the pressure is on them to make it to the finals again. Kings just want to have fun.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You're probably right, Smack. Plus the Kings are just the better team in all phases of the game. Better offensive firepower, defense for sure, coaching, and above all else fans. Expect "GO KINGS GO" to drown out whatever the Chicago fans can muster on Sunday.

Top Bottom