• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

I personally guarantee a blowout Kings victory tomorrow. If I am wrong, may God strike me down where I stand right now.

image.php

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reinhardt obliterated the competition in peak watt output, damn.

Not at home and the interface is clunky on mobile, that's all I checked.

I still want us to get Nylander tho.

Quick will win or lose Game 7. For some reason he hasn't been at his best.

The team with more goals at the of the game will definitely advance.

Honestly, though, i'm not getting the flak Quickie is taking. You're talking about the 2nd best offensive team blasting pucks at you. If anything, Crawford has been the weaker goalie, but that isn't saying much. Both goalies have played very well and I can't think of many goals that I can blame purely on the goalie, but I feel Crawford has more of those. He has been on fire the past 2, though.

In ten hours, I'm moving to Chicago -- something that has been a goal of mine for the past half decade! While I should be going to bed dreaming of the next chapter of my life and feeling elated that I actually accomplished what I had been working towards the past several years, all I can focus on is how goddam excited I am to watch the game tomorrow night.

GO HAWKS GO. I want to storm the streets with my new neighbors when they win the cup!

Quick

Banned
In ten hours, I'm moving to Chicago -- something that has been a goal of mine for the past half decade! While I should be going to bed dreaming of the next chapter of my life and feeling elated that I actually accomplished what I had been working towards the past several years, all I can focus on is how goddam excited I am to watch the game tomorrow night.

GO HAWKS GO. I want to storm the streets with my new neighbors when they win the cup!

Rule #1: The curse is real.

Rule #2: Stay humble.

Rule #3: Fuck the Kings.

I used to like you metal. Now you're just going to become part of mullet-gaf and be a shadow of your former glory.

Socreges

Banned
Going on a road trip through California in July. We're hitting up Russian River (the brewery), San Francisco, Anaheim (Disneyland), Napa (wine tour of some sort), probably San Diego.... uh.... we haven't gotten very specific yet.

Any suggestions? Best beach to chill at? Favourite place to grab a bite? Something awesome everyone needs to see?

Going on a road trip through California in July. We're hitting up Russian River (the brewery), San Francisco, Anaheim (Disneyland), Napa (wine tour of some sort), probably San Diego.... uh.... we haven't gotten very specific yet.

Any suggestions? Best beach to chill at? Favourite place to grab a bite? Something awesome everyone needs to see?

Definitely hit up the Santa Monica Pier.

Venice beach, Laguna Beach, La Jolla Cove (SD), check out the Santa Cruz boardwalk in in Nor Cal.

Ummmmm, man. Oh, Getty Villa is awesome (near the Santa Monica Pier).

When you're going down to So Cal, take the 101/1 and hit up Big Sur. This route is absolutely beautiful, but will add about 1 1/2 hours onto your trip. ( http://svcdn.simpleviewinc.com/v3/cache/montereycounty/EE9764434C2E06411FBECA7C33189403.jpg )

There's too much to recommend, honestly. CA is practically a country. Definitely get Carne Asada fries in San Diego.

EDIT: Shit, food?

What are you into/what's your budget for dining?

SK Donuts in West Hollywood. You'll be in the area.. if you don't go there fuck you. It's the best place in the world. What I would give to have a place like that in Chicago

Acid08

Banned

Definitely park your car and go across the Golden Gate on the walking path.

A burrito in the SF Mission district would be a must eat, would recommend El Farolito. Golden Gate Park of course. Jupiter in Berkeley has really good pizza and they brew their own beer. Berkeley also has Telegraph and SF has Haight Ashbury(gorgeous neighborhood, tons of the SF Victorian houses) if you want to hit up some hippy bullshit. Could also check out UC Berkeley, famous school of higher learning.

Fisherman's Wharf would be cool if you're into a more touristy thing, grab some clam chowder in a sourdough bowl.

Would also really recommend stopping in Santa Cruz and Monterey on your way down the coast. Santa Cruz has great beaches and the boardwalk, it'll be absolutely gorgeous in July. Monterey has a baller aquarium.

I'll admit, I don't really have my finger on the pulse of the fine dining scene in SF but there's tons of good stuff you could look up.

Can always hit up the Bay Area thread for some suggestions too.

1) Let's go Hawks, no Go Hawks Go

2) Goddamnit, the jinx is on now.

Animal Collective DJ set was fun. Not a particularly great set, but novel as hell, fun, and a solid dance party. 90's house version of Summertime Clothes was dope.

Hopefully I sleep late enough that I wake up around 2 and minimize the amount of worry I have tomorrow.

1. What kind of beer do you like? Definitely try out the Russian River sours, they're super good.

2. What kind of food do you like or want to try?

3. What is your per meal/event budget look like?

FOOTE

RIP in peace FOOTE's knees and head.

Funny thing is that I'm going to a Cardinals game vs the Dodgers when I'm there and I haven't decided whether to go undercover or balls out in Cardinals shit... because I'm afraid for my well being.

Top Bottom