• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

pittsburgh_penguins_new_york_rangers_051014.jpg

:lol

Fatigue isn't that huge of a factor, really. The flipside of the shit schedule earlier is that if we survive we could have a decent bit of rest. If the Western series go the distance, the Eastern Finals don't start any sooner than Saturday.

And honestly I'm not terribly concerned about the draft pick. The only first round picks that have really panned out well for us in the last 10-15 years or so are Staal and Kreider (jury still out on McIlrath, Miller, and Skjei). If we were talking like a top ten pick, then sure, but we're talking about a 20-something pick vs. going to the conference finals. I'll take the conference finals any day, even with the obvious impending doom awaiting us.

I just think of what happened in 2012. Torts ran those guys into the ground and they played two 7 game series and the Devils took advantage of that. Now, AV doesn't run his guys like Torts did, but they also didn't play the schedule they did this year in 2012, which, based on AVs earlier comments, was obviously frustrating for them. Point taken about being finished earlier than the others.

As for the draft pick, fair on the Rangers draft history. But the Rangers would have then gone 3 straight years without a first round pick (and no 2nd next year as well) and our prospect pool is not thought of very highly (still love Duclair, Lindberg, Kristo). This team is still highly in need of young, controllable talent.

He does. The chaos emeralds are the source of his power.
Bahahahaha, are you freaking serious? That is the most obscure and amazing and embarrassing video game reference I've ever seen in sports (which isn't saying much, since I know very little about the subject)

It almost makes me want to switch allegiances since I'm new to hockey and my ways aren't yet set (yeah right)

still what the hell. that some crazy shit

That's all well and good till the Olympics rolls around. When she pulls on her red maple leaf crested Canada jersey, and then does the Generation X "SUCK IT" move after Canada yet again beats America; you'll be singing a way different tune. And there I will be to take her off your hands as you cry like a baby.

I'm cool with with America losing as long as I can hold her hand.

Bahahahaha, are you freaking serious? That is the most obscure and amazing and embarrassing video game reference I've ever seen in sports (which isn't saying much, since I know very little about the subject)

It almost makes me want to switch allegiances since I'm new to hockey and my ways aren't yet set (yeah right)

still what the hell. that some crazy shit

His kids drew em.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've decided that I want the Wild to take the series so that I can see the mythical Sonic helmet in person. Plus it would be nice to give Ilya a nice ovation on his return. Say what you will about Ducks fans, but there's always a standing O whenever a former player comes back to the building.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For GoT fans who haven't read the books, I'd be careful reading some of the spoiler tagged discussion in the non-book reader thread. It seems like a few people have read the books and are pretending to not have and putting a lot of stuff out there. That or they're just incredibly lucky / astute with their speculation.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've decided that I want the Wild to take the series so that I can see the mythical Sonic helmet in person. Plus it would be nice to give Ilya a nice ovation on his return. Say what you will about Ducks fans, but there's always a standing O whenever a former player comes back to the building.

What about future all-star Justin Schultz though

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For GoT fans who haven't read the books, I'd be careful reading some of the spoiler tagged discussion in the non-book reader thread. It seems like a few people have read the books and are pretending to not have and putting a lot of stuff out there. That or they're just incredibly lucky / astute with their speculation.

Yah I don't go into ANY GoT related threads for exactly that reason. Fuck people like that.

Top Bottom