• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is only the 2nd time the Rangers have ever forced Game 7 after being down 3-1 in a series. The other time was in 1939 (they lost that one).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ikjb5ovJWY3Ai.gif

jncjncjnc

Oh wait, this isn't NFLGAF

railGUN

Banned
My 16 month old daughter just said "haw-key" after I told my wife I was going to put on the game. It's not her first word, I'm pretty sure that was "ham", but it's her 2nd or 3rd word (outside the classics mama, dada).

So proud.

GAF

Banned
This is only the 2nd time the Rangers have ever forced Game 7 after being down 3-1 in a series. The other time was in 1939 (they lost that one).
If Pens lose this series it will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years that we've blown a 3-1 series lead and got bounced by a lower seeded team (MTL in 2010, TB in 2011, and now POSSIBLY NY in 2014).

That would be FOUR straight years losing 3 or more playoff games in a row. Think about that for a second. Not sure any coach has that record set. Hes basically transformed this team's identity from a playoff juggernaut into a playoff joke.

If Pens lose this series it will be the 3rd time in the last 4 years that we've blown a 3-1 series lead and got bounced by a lower seeded team (MTL in 2010, TB in 2011, and now POSSIBLY NY in 2014).

That would be FOUR straight years losing 3 or more playoff games in a row. Think about that for a second. Not sure any coach has that record set. Hes basically transformed this team's identity from a playoff juggernaut into a playoff joke.

I honestly wouldn't be too nervous about the Pens blowing it. Rangers have been running high off emotion, Marty's family in the house tonight. I think they've taken that as far as they can go.

cube444

I honestly wouldn't be too nervous about the Pens blowing it. Rangers have been running high off emotion, Marty's family in the house tonight. I think they've taken that as far as they can go.

Well, I read countless articles saying that emotion would last for only one game (Game 5) and yet here they are going to Game 7.

GAF

Banned
Pens win by losing (Bylsma gets the boot, maybe other big shakeups)

OR

Lose by winning (Boston sweeps them but this is seen as progress, Bylsma keeps going and next season will end as miserably as 5 earlier seasons)

So fucking frustrating situation to hope for your team's loss in a situation like this.

are you talking about the Chi crowd? they are terrible.

but yes live games are 100x better than on TV
Are they really? I don't watch sports in general (other than the occasional White Sox game), so this crowd is at least FAR more excited than what I'm used to.

Is the Chicago crowd always "terrible"? I have a really hard time believing that. Since being in the city, the Hawks have seemed like a huge pride point for the city... especially coming off of the Stanley Cup win. It seems like there is a ton of passion for the team here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are they really? I don't watch sports in general (other than the occasional White Sox game), so this crowd is at least FAR more excited than what I'm used to.

Is the Chicago crowd always "terrible"? I have a really hard time believing that. Since being in the city, the Hawks have seemed like a huge pride point for the city... especially coming off of the Stanley Cup win. It seems like there is a ton of passion for the team here.

You should have seen a Columbus-Pittsburgh game. Columbus is finally icing a decent young team not filled with "stars" and the crowd went absolutely BONKERS in their first round series. Everyone seemed so ecstatic that they finally had a good team.

But yeah I don't know why people are saying the Chicago crowd is terrible, they seem alright. Definitely better than the Pens crowd.

tch

Wow what a shitty game to watch after already knowing the score... The Pens played halfheartedly and the Rangers played just well enough to be passable. Lundqvist played just well enough to keep the game out of reach. Pens had some great chances just couldn't finish. Those two shorthanded breakaways were key saves by Hank.

One thing is certain. Pens or Rangers whoever wins game 7 (could go either way), they are FUCKED in the next round

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I read countless articles saying that emotion would last for only one game (Game 5) and yet here they are going to Game 7.

Those articles were written by braindead people. Even AV dropped the "Mother's Day" thing in the Game 5 post-game presser. The only question was whether they would be able to maintain the emotion through the whole of Game 6 and not let up.

Game 7 is another matter, though. That game can really go any which way. I think we can win it, but I also don't have confidence that we can win it the way I did tonight. If the Penguins are as frustrated, distracted, and undisciplined as they were tonight (and Hank is just as sharp), then we likely win. If the Penguins are on their game, I see us running out of gas.

Filth

Wow what a shitty game to watch after already knowing the score... The Pens played halfheartedly and the Rangers played just well enough to be passable. Lundqvist played just well enough to keep the game out of reach. Pens had some great chances just couldn't finish. Those two shorthanded breakaways were key saves by Hank.

One thing is certain. Pens or Rangers whoever wins game 7 (could go either way), they are FUCKED in the next round

just well enough? yeahhh ok.

tch

just well enough? yeahhh ok.

Ok let me rephrase: he made the key saves but they weren't always pretty. Lots of rebounds and opportunities but he did shut the door. He lets one of those breakaways or a point shot and it's a different game

Samyy

Ok let me rephrase: he made the key saves but they weren't always pretty. Lots of rebounds and opportunities but he did shut the door. He lets one of those breakaways or a point shot and it's a different game

Who cares if they are pretty? As you said...he shut the door.
Oh and what the fuck is up with your last line of logic? You can say that about any situation ever!

Pens win by losing (Bylsma gets the boot, maybe other big shakeups)

OR

Lose by winning (Boston sweeps them but this is seen as progress, Bylsma keeps going and next season will end as miserably as 5 earlier seasons)

So fucking frustrating situation to hope for your team's loss in a situation like this.

Rangers fans are in a similar situation.

They win on Tuesday and their first round pick this year goes to Tampa. And the likelihood that they win the next round (Playing either Montreal or Boston who both gave the Rangers problems and are just better teams; No team has ever won the cup after playing two 7 game series consecutively in rounds 1 & 2; Huge fatigue factor playing 14 games with an absolute minimum amount of rest) is very low.

I don't want them to lose, but it's a huge organizational risk going forward.

Acid08

Banned
Wait, you're telling me that if the Pens scored more goals the outcome may have been different? Dat analysis.

tch

Who cares if they are pretty? As you said...he shut the door.
Oh and what the fuck is up with your last line of logic? You can say that about any situation ever!

I'm saying it was a damn close game. It was my reaction to the game. I'm saying going into game 7 it could go either way based on tonight. While the pens were flat most of the game it's going to be a hell of a finish. I was describing that there were a bunch of close chances. Who said it was 'logic'? I am not arguing anything or making a point just my impressions. That's "what the fuck is up"

Samyy

I'm saying it was a damn close game. It was my reaction to the game. I'm saying going into game 7 it could go either way based on tonight. While the pens were flat most of the game it's going to be a hell of a finish. I was describing that there were a bunch of close chances. Who said it was 'logic'? I am not arguing anything or making a point just my impressions. That's "what the fuck is up"

And I'm saying that pretty much describes every game, whether its close or not.
If x shot had gone in by x player at any point at the game, the game would have been different....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers fans are in a similar situation.

They win on Tuesday and their first round pick this year goes to Tampa. And the likelihood that they win the next round (Playing either Montreal or Boston who both gave the Rangers problems and are just better teams; No team has ever won the cup after playing two 7 game series consecutively in rounds 1 & 2; Huge fatigue factor playing 14 games with an absolute minimum amount of rest) is very low.

I don't want them to lose, but it's a huge organizational risk going forward.

Fatigue isn't that huge of a factor, really. The flipside of the shit schedule earlier is that if we survive we could have a decent bit of rest. If the Western series go the distance, the Eastern Finals don't start any sooner than Saturday.

And honestly I'm not terribly concerned about the draft pick. The only first round picks that have really panned out well for us in the last 10-15 years or so are Staal and Kreider (jury still out on McIlrath, Miller, and Skjei). If we were talking like a top ten pick, then sure, but we're talking about a 20-something pick vs. going to the conference finals. I'll take the conference finals any day, even with the obvious impending doom awaiting us.

tch

And I'm saying that pretty much describes every game, whether its close or not.
If x shot had gone in by x player at any point at the game, the game would have been different....

Alright man. I guess it wasn't a very insightful statement to end a post with it was just my immediate reaction. What I was trying to get across is that we generated some good chances tonight and that if we need to bury those second opportunities and rebounds that we are given. Here's to a good game 7.

Edit:damn Toews!

Top Bottom