• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

zroid

Banned
I mean, yeah, the Kings kept the puck in our zone for most of the rest of the game, but the 0 SOG stat is a little deceptive. It's not like there was absolutely zero offense. The shots were just wide, missed, or blocked. I'm not saying that the Ducks were doing even fine on offense for the last two periods, but it wasn't like they never saw the Kings zone like the stat implies.

Edit: I realize that my statement amounts to "yeah but if more of the Duck shots had been shots on goal, there would have been more shots on goal!" but you guys get what I'm trying unsuccessfully to say.

Well it's not like we can't quantify this. The Kings had an even strength corsi for % of 73%!

This chart shows how the fenwick went from period to period as well:

defaultq5k7k.png

dat periods 2 and 3...

Edit: I realize that my statement amounts to "yeah but if more of the Duck shots had been shots on goal, there would have been more shots on goal!" but you guys get what I'm trying unsuccessfully to say.

I getcha. And yeah it was frustrating because every time a Duck got zone entry through a wing, they were already being covered by 3 Kings (or so it seemed).

Getting a literal SOG was hard.

Sanjuro

I decided to change the pace and get some news articles for today's game from TSN. Ended up being linked to TSN 690 Montreal and have been listening for a bit.

I'm pretty sure this guy has said "PK Subban can skate like the wind" about a half dozen times. Think his name is Tony?

Is this the primary radio network out there?

MacAttack

Boston media is reporting Seidenberg started taking contact for the first time today after the morning skate.

Looking like a realistic possibilty he could play in the ECF if they make it. That would put his recovery from ACL/MCL surgery at about 4 1/2 months.

Sanjuro

Boston media is reporting Seidenberg started taking contact for the first time today after the morning skate.

Looking like a realistic possibilty he could play in the ECF if they make it. That would put his recovery from ACL/MCL surgery at about 4 1/2 months.

I still can't comprehend or see it happening, but it's impressive what he is doing nonetheless.

Not human.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

dat deer antler spray

Ducks-Kings series is baffling. Away team won every game so far, Kings pulled Quick after the first period, Boudreau running Hiller out of town, etc.

Habs need something from their top line. Pacioretty has 1 goal and Vanek hasn't done much outside of Game 2.

I'm worried that he's gonna come back too early and mess up his knee again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Same lines in practice today for the Rangers. A little bit of a surprise only because Dorsett was stapled to the bench for basically the entire final two periods last night, so I thought they might cycle Carcillo back in his place.

Oh good, Jackman is healthy.

Please stay out of the lineup, we don't need "grit" and "intangibles" right now. Carlyle hockey is OVAH.

Then again we do need someone to throw at Kyle Clifford...

HEY HOMELESS GUY, WANNA SIGN A PTO?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ridiculous stat time:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 9m
The 20 players expected to be in the Rangers' lineup Tuesday are a combined 63-6 in Game 7s, including 6-0 for Brad Richards.

Sanjuro

Krejci announcing today that his time is about to come and he is going to be big for his team.

Thanks for getting on that so promptly, David!

Razorskin

----- ------
I decided to change the pace and get some news articles for today's game from TSN. Ended up being linked to TSN 690 Montreal and have been listening for a bit.

I'm pretty sure this guy has said "PK Subban can skate like the wind" about a half dozen times. Think his name is Tony?

Is this the primary radio network out there?

Yeah, the primary sports English one.
I don't listen to much radio but when I do it's the French station.

Sanjuro

Yeah, the primary sports English one.
I don't listen to much radio but when I do it's the French station.

I listened to it for a few hours. I had to run to campus, so I drove with my local sports one on. They cut to a clip that I had just missed of that personality from TSN bringing a priest on air to say a prayer and bless the Habs and Quebec to victory.

Razorskin

----- ------
I listened to it for a few hours. I had to run to campus, so I drove with my local sports one on. They cut to a clip that I had just missed of that personality from TSN bringing a priest on air to say a prayer and bless the Habs and Quebec to victory.

Dude sounds like an idiot already.

TrueGrime

Ridiculous stat time:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 9m
The 20 players expected to be in the Rangers' lineup Tuesday are a combined 63-6 in Game 7s, including 6-0 for Brad Richards.

One more. Just one more baby. What is it with Rangers and game 7's. Some teams just want to take the longest route through the playoffs. Not complaining though. They've made me proud.

Oh good, Jackman is healthy.

Please stay out of the lineup, we don't need "grit" and "intangibles" right now. Carlyle hockey is OVAH.

Then again we do need someone to throw at Kyle Clifford...

HEY HOMELESS GUY, WANNA SIGN A PTO?

I like Tim Jackman. Can skate really well and solid defensively to go along with the gritty play. I wouldn't actually put him in the lineup today though.

Just put a Hertl jersey on Kyle Clifford and see how fast Dustin Brown checks up on his knee

I like Tim Jackman. Can skate really well and solid defensively to go along with the gritty play. I wouldn't actually put him in the lineup today though.

Just put a Hertl jersey on Kyle Clifford and see how fast Dustin Brown checks up on his knee

:lol :lol

And hey don't get me wrong, I like Jackman too, but Jackman isn't what we need tonight. We'll find out if he is once Sutter shows his cards in the first period.

Heretic

:lol :lol

And hey don't get me wrong, I like Jackman too, but Jackman isn't what we need tonight. We'll find out if he is once Sutter shows his cards in the first period.

According to twitter, Clifford isn't playing. Nolan might be taking his spot. I wanted Jackman for the Dallas series.

It's not terribly humid, I think the ice won't be too bad.

I'm nervous about the game. Jonathan Quick is a goaltending god. Ducks gotta strike first. Until that Chicago victory last night, team who scores the first goal has won the game in all the 2nd round games.

Stil, gotta believe in our team.
iJCEyYI.gif

Giggzy

Nolan in for Clifford tonight? Doesn't Nolan take a lot of penalties? Won't be good news for LA if the Ducks PP continues to do well

Top Bottom