• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pens-Habs meeting in the CF would be pretty sweet.

You know, this Pens defense is pretty damn good if healthy.

Letang
Maatta
Martin
Niskanen
Orpik
Scuderi
They didn't look that good against Columbus.

I get it ESPN... no need to repeat...

3l8WC7o.png

Kifimbo

Well, on paper.

I'm just not sure if New York is making them look good now or if the team is peaking at the right time. The last two games against CBJ, they also allowed very few shots (27 and 24).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well, on paper.

I'm just not sure if New York is making them look good now or if the team is peaking at the right time. The last two games against CBJ, they also allowed very few shots (27 and 24).
NY had 15 shots in a must win basically, they're not making it tough on them at all.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NY had 15 shots in a must win basically, they're not making it tough on them at all.
4 shots in the 3rd period. 2 of which were at the end with the empty net.

I don't think I've ever exited the Garden to such a chorus of boos in the corridor back to 7th Ave.

Well, let's be honest here. Even if the Rangers won the series they were never beating Montreal/Pitt so better to get this over with earlier rather than later.

Love the crowd booing Nash though, that guy is fucking worthless.

And another Ranger's season ends just like every other one - Rollercoaster season with a disappointing, embarrassing end

LJ11

Well, let's be honest here. Even if the Rangers won the series they were never beating Montreal/Pitt so better to get this over with earlier rather than later.

Love the crowd booing Nash though, that guy is fucking worthless.

And another Ranger's season ends just like every other one - Rollercoaster season with a disappointing, embarrassing end

Nash has always been an overrated slob. Luckily buffoons like Sather value his kind.

They did in games 5 and 6. Coincidentally those are the games where Letang finally got his groove back. The Pens D has generally looked very good ever since that game 5. Tonight they were only running with five D-men and held the Rangers to 15 shots.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought he was turning it around this year?
He could have won the Conn Smythe and we still would need to buy him out. It's a business thing. His contract would become incredibly toxic to the team in about 4 or 5 years under the new CBA. And that's the BEST case scenario.

And not to take anything away from the Penguins, because they've executed terrifically and have done pretty much exactly what they wanted to these last 3 games, but much of tonight's game was more about the Rangers fucking up than anything the Penguins were doing. The Rangers couldn't even complete basic passes between d-men in their own zone, let alone be much of an offensive threat.

Part of it is due to injuries (McDonagh being the most obvious and severe), part of it is due to "stars" not stepping up, part of it is due to the schedule (which is also at least partially their own damn fault), and part of it is just the Pens being flat out more talented than the Rangers.

Last year's series with the Bruins was significantly more competitive than this year's second round, and that was a series in which we only narrowly avoided being swept.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's an amazing stat:

Every Rangers skater except Brad Richards, Raphael Diaz, and Kevin Klein was credited with at least one giveaway.

That's failure on a team wide level.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yo any Kings fans who happen to read this, I'm just curious, what did the Ducks do to get you guys so heated and salty? I'm talking, like,in general. There's dead duck billboards all over the southland. Like, incredibly low-rent, just photographs of dead duck bodies. It's really weird and could probably be the topic of a really good physciatric research paper.

zroid

Banned
Yo any Kings fans who happen to read this, I'm just curious, what did the Ducks do to get you guys so heated and salty? I'm talking, like,in general. There's dead duck billboards all over the southland. Like, incredibly low-rent, just photographs of dead duck bodies. It's really weird and could probably be the topic of a really good physciatric research paper.

Well you need to have a certain sort of disposition to like the LA Kings, so...

I have a poster for you after all!!!

I'm actually still trying to find poster tubes to mail out.

Not gonna push it because you've already done so much for me (the Ducks running shoes are still going strong)... butttt, if you had a spaaaare :)

Forgot to mention Ferraro was on Montreal radio yesterday and said he put in over 30 hours of work for commentary in NHL 15.

That's so good. NHL 15 is gonna be so refreshing and enjoyable (hopefully).

I'm sick to sticks of Gary Thorn and Bob Costas or whatever the fuck the other guy is.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The "Marc Staal is a super evil cheapshot artist/thug/villain" business that's been coming out of the Pittsburgh press over the last few days (and still continuing after tonight) is the funniest shit to me.

The guy with 276 penalty minutes in his 500+ game CAREER (the vast majority of which came before 2011)? The guy who Sidney Crosby called to give advice to while he was dealing with his own concussion? THAT Marc Staal?

Okay, guys.

I always just thought it was a general LA mentality to get really aggressive and angry at any opportunity? It serves as an exciting alternative to being really morose and downtrodden from years and years of living in a shithole like LA.

Damn, speak of the devil. I can't believe they put one up right over your house, Clydefrog. Even I feel sorry for you bro.

:lol :lol

Gang, I know nothing about MLB or Baseballs. Why is the MLB game called THE SHOW? Is it based off a TV series or is it a reference to something?

Top Bottom