• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

It's gonna be so awesome when Fleury wins the Conn Smythe this season.

Only the Rangers could make Fleury look good in the playoffs. He'll be back to his old self once he plays a real team.

I'm actively rooting for them to lose now so we can keep our 1st this year. No team has ever played 2 7 game series in the first two rounds and won it all, and that's not even factoring in the fatigue the Rangers have from the schedule, or the fact that they'd never beat the superior Habs/Bs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fleury looked like Fleury last night. Zucc's goal was incredibly soft, and there was one sequence where Fleury had gotten himself into a complete mess, lost his stick, and was sprawled out leaving a gaping net. Needless to say that, being gentlemen, the Rangers kindly waited for him to get back up and put himself back together before engaging in any tomfoolery like throwing the puck on goal.

kingslunk

GAME DAYYYYY

bergygmfmc.gif

What is that gif from?

Stasis

I hate to be all "pointy knees!" up in hurr, but those girls are so incredibly average for Quebec...

This province just spits out gorgeous girls like nobody's business. There's a reason I never left. See better in 5 minutes at any suburb mall. Srs.

Cute pic though!

The "Marc Staal is a super evil cheapshot artist/thug/villain" business that's been coming out of the Pittsburgh press over the last few days (and still continuing after tonight) is the funniest shit to me.

The guy with 276 penalty minutes in his 500+ game CAREER (the vast majority of which came before 2011)? The guy who Sidney Crosby called to give advice to while he was dealing with his own concussion? THAT Marc Staal?

Okay, guys.

You're honestly saying that he hasn't been this series? All the cross checks to the head and stuff? Just because no refs want to call him doesn't mean he's been clean. They're talking about this series, not the past. What he did in the past has no impact on this series.

You're honestly saying that he hasn't been this series? All the cross checks to the head and stuff? Just because no refs want to call him doesn't mean he's been clean. They're talking about this series, not the past. What he did in the past has no impact on this series.

Hard to be mad when Crosby is making him look like a clown.

851929599.gif

Alucard

Banned
Fleury looked like Fleury last night. Zucc's goal was incredibly soft, and there was one sequence where Fleury had gotten himself into a complete mess, lost his stick, and was sprawled out leaving a gaping net. Needless to say that, being gentlemen, the Rangers kindly waited for him to get back up and put himself back together before engaging in any tomfoolery like throwing the puck on goal.

.922 save percentage, baby. That's all the Pens need. 4th overall in the playoffs. And 2.20 GAA...which definitely needs to improve, and that stat was helped by two shutouts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

He had basically one play that should have been called a penalty but wasn't, and even that was a relatively routine crosscheck that would have been right between the shoulder blades that ended up hitting Crosby in the back of the neck/head because he dipped a little at the last second. Rough and should obviously have been called, but not really deliberately or egregiously dirty. The fact that even Sidney fucking Crosby didn't whine about it on the ice should speak to what a non-issue it was.

Otherwise, he's tried to play a physical game with Crosby. I know Pens fans get very flustered when someone touches the golden one, but there hasn't really been a whole lot terribly out of the ordinary going on there.

Alucard

Banned
I have no issues with the treatment Crosby's been getting in this series. If anything, the Rangers have given him too much room and haven't been rough enough.

He had basically one play that should have been called a penalty but wasn't, and even that was a relatively routine crosscheck that would have been right between the shoulder blades that ended up hitting Crosby in the back of the neck/head because he dipped a little at the last second. Rough and should obviously have been called, but not really deliberately or egregiously dirty. The fact that even Sidney fucking Crosby didn't whine about it on the ice should speak to what a non-issue it was.

Otherwise, he's tried to play a physical game with Crosby. I know Pens fans get very flustered when someone touches the golden one, but there hasn't really been a whole lot terribly out of the ordinary going on there.
They're scummy hits and have no business being there and there has been a lot more than one. You can whitewash but he's had some scummy hits this series, the refs just let both teams get away with it. A crosscheck to the head is a crosscheck to the head, regardless of how you try to quantify it and I'm sure it leaves a bitter taste for fans mouths when its a superstar and one who has had some serious concussion problems getting hit in the head. I'm not bitter but I think it's kind of crazy for you to pretend like it hasn't been happening or bring up previous year when they're clearly complaining him about this series and not claiming he's a career scumbag or matt Cooke wannabe.

I've seen Subban wearing an all blue Canadiens fitted hat in pre/post game - anybody know where I can find that? I've checked NHL, New Era and Lids.

ShaneB

BnEKYj7CAAAilVE.png:large

With the power of a thousand suns. Chloe especially.

What lovely gals.

Forgot there was a new thread, also doesn't help that my interest has waned in the second round outside of Habs/Bruins. Will be fun to watch that game leading into the NFL Draft while streaming the Ducks/Kings game on my laptop. It's a great sports night!

TrueGrime

Welp, at least I can look forward to a fun game tonight from Bos/Mon after that dismal performance last night by the blueshirts.

Giggzy

BnEKYj7CAAAilVE.png:large

With the power of a thousand suns. Chloe especially.

I need to move to Canada. There's definitely more than enough beautiful women in SoCal, but it's such a plastic lifestyle and fake personalities. Great for smashing, not as good for settling down!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New Ranger lines at practice.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Brassard-St.Louis
Carcillo-Richards-Nash
Boyle-D.Moore-Miller/Dorsett

Hagelin is missing from practice, so not sure if Carcillo is just a placeholder for him on that Richards line or not.

Ducks-age, as a little experiment today I'm going to compare any lineup changes with any mentioned in this article, and if we see a positive difference resulting in a game win (or at least OT) I'll check to see if the difference makers had good corsi/fenwick, see what effective plays were made and maybe get a glimpse at what's going to work against LA.

Controversial opinion of the day: stop matching up Koivu with Gaborik. Sit Koivu for one game.

Also another fun fact: of the four remaining teams, the Stanley Cup will spend exactly as long with Canadian players this summer no matter which of those teams wins the Cup.

Canada owns the current generation. Clearly.

It also makes cheering for the Habs just because "they're the only Canadian team" a bit silly

EDIT: eugh, I keep expecting this thread to be more active than it is at 4am my time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks-age, as a little experiment today I'm going to compare any lineup changes with any mentioned in this article, and if we see a positive difference resulting in a game win (or at least OT) I'll check to see if the difference makers had good corsi/fenwick, see what effective plays were made and maybe get a glimpse at what's going to work against LA.

Controversial opinion of the day: stop matching up Koivu with Gaborik. Sit Koivu for one game.

I don't think we need serious lineup changes. As that article points out at the end, the Ducks are playing very well. There have just been a bunch of unlucky misses (how many times have we heard dat CLAAAAANG?) and unlucky bounces putting the puck right where the Kings needed it at just the right moment. Even with all of that, both games were one-goal games (not counting the garbage-time empty net shenanigans). We are seven seconds and a crazy freak breakaway away from reading articles about what the Kings have to do to turn it around.

Edit: 4:00 AM? Where are you, Siberia?

Top Bottom