• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Sanjuro

It doesn't help you are a Ducks fan and most of your fanbase is either just getting their day moving or at work. It's 11AM there.

Also, it's impressive at the speed the NFL threads are moving for draft talk.

I don't think we need serious lineup changes. As that article points out at the end, the Ducks are playing very well. There have just been a bunch of unlucky misses (how many times have we heard dat CLAAAAANG?) and unlucky bounces putting the puck right where the Kings needed it at just the right moment. Even with all of that, both games were one-goal games (not counting the garbage-time empty net shenanigans). We are seven seconds and a crazy freak breakaway away from reading articles about what the Kings have to do to turn it around.

Absolutely. We're not playing *bad* by any means, but we are playing catch-up with the Kings system. LA are playing the most boring hockey right now and it comes just after they take a 1G lead. As we've done all season as "the comeback kids", we manage to find a way to exploit when teams try to do that (a Blues regular season game and two Coyotes games this season had a lot of it iirc). A fast piece here, and a trigger man there could be the key. And knowing how to do it with LA in the postseason could very well have the tables turned and have *them* chasing *us* for a change instead of them spawn camping.

It doesn't help you are a Ducks fan and most of your fanbase is either just getting their day moving or at work. It's 11AM there.

Also, it's impressive at the speed the NFL threads are moving for draft talk.

Ahhh, 11am, the "hey it's nearly lunch time, better get this shit sorted before I jet" thing.

No surprise. America loves the NFL forever and ever and ever.

Edit: 4:00 AM? Where are you, Siberia?

Fucking, Austria.

Fake edit: Melbourne, Australia.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Absolutely. We're not playing *bad* by any means, but we are playing catch-up with the Kings system. LA are playing the most boring hockey right now and it comes just after they take a 1G lead. As we've done all season as "the comeback kids", we manage to find a way to exploit when teams try to do that (a Blues regular season game and two Coyotes games this season had a lot of it iirc). A fast piece here, and a trigger man there could be the key. And knowing how to do it with LA in the postseason could very well have the tables turned and have *them* chasing *us* for a change instead of them spawn camping.

Yeah I'm down with that, I am just against a full-on revamping of the lineup. And I've never heard a more adequate description of Kings Hockey than "spawn camping." It really is not enjoyable to watch these games, I have to say.

Fucking, Austria.

Fake edit: Melbourne, Australia.

Of course I didn't remember to scroll down on the giant time zone map I pulled up. Australia would make a lot more sense than Siberia.

Oh god a full-on revamp would have *them* slaughtering *us*. Can you imagine a kid fourth line being matched up with a Kings fourth line? Knees to ALL the junior players. Rakell? The guy who is on the path to replacing Getzlaf after he retires? Yeah more like "concussed potato". The thought makes a man cry.

Of course I didn't remember to scroll down on the giant time zone map I pulled up. Australia would make a lot more sense than Siberia.

Today I learned I'm in the same timezone as Siberia. That's kind of awesome. Me and all those political Russian criminals all having breakfast at the same time.

Acid08

Banned
Kings and Rangers have been playing the most uninspired hockey during the second round. Just zero enjoyment in their games despite being effective teams.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Also another fun fact: of the four remaining teams, the Stanley Cup will spend exactly as long with Canadian players this summer no matter which of those teams wins the Cup.

Canada owns the current generation. Clearly.

It also makes cheering for the Habs just because "they're the only Canadian team" a bit silly

EDIT: eugh, I keep expecting this thread to be more active than it is at 4am my time.

No it doesn't. Some people want to see the Stanley cup come back to a Canadian city because it shows that Canadian teams can be competitive. Plus, I really don't care that the Stanley Cup can go visit Bummville, Saskatchewan or Neverheardofit, Nova Scotia. How can that even compare to your favourite team actually winning the cup?

Acid08

Banned
No it doesn't. Some people want to see the Stanley cup come back to a Canadian city because it shows that Canadian teams can be competitive. Plus, I really don't care that the Stanley Cup can go visit Bummville, Saskatchewan or Neverheardofit, Nova Scotia. How can that even compare to your favourite team actually winning the cup?
Leafs fans cheering for the Habs just because they're also located in Canada is still gross. You're all gross.

Nothing could compare to an actual team winning it, definitely. But when you consider that Montreal, the only Canadian team in the playoffs, dressed 11 of 19 players from Canada and Boston also dressed 11 of 19. Then it's pretty awesome to know that no matter who wins, it's all because of Canadian talent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter who wins, Canadians should be really really fucking proud. Even if it's ratface lifting the cup.

I don't even like the Washington Capitals, but as long as they have the ONLY Australian player in their AHL team then I'm gonna cheer for Hershey, and eventually the Caps if Nathan Walker makes the roster.

Richards: "That’s one game probably in the last 30 or 40 that we’ve played that badly all over the ice." #NYR

This guy fucking kills me. Yeah, great it's one game in the last 30 or 40. It was also the most important game of the season. Stop trying to deflect.

Heshinsi

Nothing could compare to an actual team winning it, definitely. But when you consider that Montreal, the only Canadian team in the playoffs, dressed 11 of 19 players from Canada and Boston also dressed 11 of 19. Then it's pretty awesome to know that no matter who wins, it's all because of Canadian talent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter who wins, Canadians should be really really fucking proud. Even if it's ratface lifting the cup.

I don't even like the Washington Capitals, but as long as they have the ONLY Australian player in their AHL team then I'm gonna cheer for Hershey, and eventually the Caps if Nathan Walker makes the roster.

That's taking it too far. Splinter and the Nutcracker lifting the Stanley Cup again would definitely ruin my summer.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kings and Rangers have been playing the most uninspired hockey during the second round. Just zero enjoyment in their games despite being effective teams.
It's really upsetting because we were playing inspired hockey pretty much from mid-December to mid-April. :|

Meanwhile...

Stephen ‏@StephenCLorenzo 38m
Staal on playing Crosby dirty: "That’s new to me. I’m not purposely trying to go for anybody’s head. I for one should know the cost of that"

Half hour to lunch. Anaheim Duck time.

Anaheim has sent Emerson Etem back down to Norfolk. They have called up Sami Vatanen.

Ducks-age and the gaffers supporting the righteous cause...
iJCEyYI.gif

Giggzy

Vatanen called up and Etem sent down. I knew Bruce would listen to me. Vatanen will help our PP immensely, as well as our 5 on 5 possession and offensive power. He's great at exiting the D-Zone too. He's tiny but has a much bigger fight than his size lets on.

I expect Winnik to play too. Replace Etem's forecheck and he's good on the PK

That's taking it too far. Splinter and the Nutcracker lifting the Stanley Cup again would definitely ruin my summer.

In 2011 in Vancouver, people looked at me really weirdly when I said "well at least Lucic, a Vancouver boy, is getting a ring".

Then he turned from "edgy and gritty" to "nutcracker Miller runner".

I really want to apologise to everybody at that watch party.

Vatanen called up and Etem sent down. I knew Bruce would listen to me. Vatanen will help our PP immensely, as well as our 5 on 5 possession and offensive power. He's great at exiting the D-Zone too. He's tiny but has a much bigger fight than his size lets on.

I expect Winnik to play too. Replace Etem's forecheck and he's good on the PK

YES. This is what I like the most about Vatmans style. I can't wait to see how our corsi improves with him on the PP. Oh god, please let him be on the PP...

Winnik will provide the physicality that Bruce is looking for this series.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Boudreau didn't mince words with regards to starting Winnik (absolutely not) during the post game press conference Monday night. Though maybe he just got salty when a reporter tried telling him what to do.

Was too busy distracted with actual playoff hockey to notice both Damian Cox and Carlyle having their existences solidified in Leafs-age for the foreseeable future.

Poor poor souls.

Giggzy

I see a Doughty vs Subban final. Hopefully Subban wins. Unless there's an EA cover curse for hockey, than Doughty gets my vote

Just gives us more time to laugh at the leafs! I love you for our cup Carlyle, but your system is archaic in this generation

Dump and chase all day. He seems worse with Toronto though. Like the defensive coverage never collapsed so close together. Anaheim never gave up 35+ shots a game.

Probably because we had Pronger and Niedermayer and they were trusted for the breakout

Quick

Banned

Imagine what that guy must look like now, then.

I'll stop using the picture when it's not relevant. Leafs brass making that difficult.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24554836/report-randy-carlyle-to-remain-coach-of-maple-leafs

Wow. Brendan Shanahan was cool with this?

Seriously just trade us back Gardiner. We can develop him

Just gives us more time to laugh at the leafs! I love you for our cup Carlyle, but your system is archaic in this generation

So Shanahan comes in and nothing changes? Same coach, same GM, this should be fun.

giphy.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Giggzy

No Winnik tonight. Bruce is opting for Palmieri instead with DSP and Bones. Hopefully Palms has his monster game tonight

Alucard

Banned
Good atmosphere around Bell Centre tonight. Walked by on my way home from work. Although playing "I wanna rock and roll all night" is kinda cheesy.

Heshinsi

He'll have all the good players traded away. Welcome to San Jose Gardiner.

Are the Leafs going to go back to that special place they always go to right after a "seriously guys, this time we know what we're doing" summer switch-a-roo? Who's going to be back in the playoffs first, the Edmonton Oilers or the Maple Leafs? Oh this is so exciting.

Top Bottom