• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Lunqvist's record in Montreal is god awful, and they'll be pretty exhausted if they get through. Home ice advantage is becoming more and more important, especially with how much better DD's line seems to perform at home.

regular season games don't mean much. Remember when Montreal ousted the Caps and the Pens in 2010

Tonight we're all Wild and Ranger fans. I'm going to miss the games though because I have to study.

EDIT:

I saw someone wearing a Subban jersey in Northridge. Not going to lie I like the Habs jerseys. They look really nice in person.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So the guy who returned Prices dogs to him is getting to go to game 7 in Boston with a bunch of Montreal radio guys, all expenses paid by Montreal restaurants. Crazy.

Acid08

Banned
I enjoyed that show. They had a weird schedule where the next year one new show was tacked to the end and the first show was done.

You know what I liked? GARGOYLES
I remember the Gargoyles movie VHS came with a whole board game you could play along with the movie or some other tape.

This might be the biggest Pens game of the last five years. A loss means a complete culture change, a win and we're in the final four again. I haven't been this nervous and jittery about a game in awhile.

cube444

This might be the biggest Pens game of the last five years. A loss means a complete culture change, a win and we're in the final four again. I haven't been this nervous and jittery about a game in awhile.

I'm hoping for a Fleury meltdown and Sid suckling on Mario's nipple after tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's an interesting dynamic. The Penguins are suddenly playing for EVERYTHING while the Rangers basically have nothing to lose at this point.

I have no idea what's going to happen in this game. For most games in the playoffs this year I've had a general feeling of what the most likely result was going to be, but tonight I really have no idea.

I think it really is going to come down to Sidney Crosby, for good or for bad.

cube444

"King Henrik has stopped 67 of 69 shots he has faced since the Rangers fell behind 3-1 in the series. Also, he is 9-2 with a 1.35 GAA with the Rangers facing elimination, including a 4-1 game 7 record. Furthermore, the Penguins have to fight their recent history. Pittsburgh is just 2-6 at home in game 7’s in franchise history. While recent history is not a great indicator of future results, much of the present core were part of the 2010 and 2011 game 7 losses to Montreal and Tampa Bay respectively"

Wow

Red_Man

Everyone should be cheering for a Penguins loss just so we can watch that franchise get completely disassembled in the off season.

cube444

It's an interesting dynamic. The Penguins are suddenly playing for EVERYTHING while the Rangers basically have nothing to lose at this point.

I have no idea what's going to happen in this game. For most games in the playoffs this year I've had a general feeling of what the most likely result was going to be, but tonight I really have no idea.

I think it really is going to come down to Sidney Crosby, for good or for bad.

Disagree. All depends on which version of Fleury shows up.

Everyone should be cheering for a Penguins loss just so we can watch that franchise get completely disassembled in the off season.

Wouldn't be like that.

Bylsma would get canned and a few pieces might get traded. With one more top six winger, some forward depth and a coach who can keep the team motivated and calm, they're a legit contender again.

Red_Man

Wouldn't be like that.

Bylsma would get canned and a few pieces might get traded. With one more top six winger, some forward depth and a coach who can keep the team motivated and calm, they're a legit contender again.
Bylsma fired, and having players like Malkin & Letang moved is a huge shift in that locker room. It's not as easy as bringing in Trotz, and finding a top 6 winger and Cups start flowing in Pittsburgh.

Clydefrog

Had a conference call at work and first person said "Go Kings!" I should drive up to LA, fall in front of them and sue them. Armenian style

I just got out of a meeting with someone who was at the game last night. She couldn't stop talking about how loud the place was.

I just sat there and nodded

Bylsma fired, and having players like Malkin & Letang moved is a huge shift in that locker room. It's not as easy as bringing in Trotz, and finding a top 6 winger and Cups start flowing in Pittsburgh.

There is no scenario available where Malkin is moved. Letang being moved is possible but he's not really a core part of that locker room and has certainly never been the leader type.

And I'm not saying it's going to be automatic for Pittsburgh with a new coach and some moves, just that they might have a shot at doing something other than coming unglued in the postseason.

Top Bottom