• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Plus all those black people raising cups will piss off a lot of Bostonians!

fO9w8vI.jpg

Razorskin

----- ------
The Tim Hortons in the Bell Centre only had boston cream doughnuts tonight

l5NYEft.jpg

This is good because every doughnut is trash compared to boston cream.

Christ, Dastardly. Was trying to make sure you won your first match in Titanfall. Don't think I've ever had that many attack points in one match of hardpoint as I did that round. :lol

:lol

What was your ping like?

I have absolutely no idea. It was showing one bar and people were teleporting around in front of me, but I still managed to do well, so whatever. :lol

Not sure if it was the ping, the Aussie servers being beta or both.

Did you find a lobby after I left? I think my connection was screwing the search up. Otherwise you could change data centers to Western US/Asia and find more players, but your ping would be a bit worse.

Yeah I jumped to Asia after that relog attempt, made no difference. Just nobody playing during this time. Found another Campaign, desynched 5 mins in. Over it.

Campaign is pretty dead unless you're on during peak hours.

Playing multiplayer is probably your best bet for now. I'll grab you one of these days and jump into a campaign lobby with you. It'll find players from my region but connect you to the Aussie servers if you party up that way.

Once you finish the campaigns and unlock the Ogre and Strider titan chassis, you'll probably never touch the campaign again anyways.

Solo

The way I see it, Boston is a mountain the Habs HAVE to scale eventually in order to become an elite team in the East. So why not now?

Also, if they do beat Boston tomorrow, it will be the furthest we've gotten since the Halak era. And who is the Habs' leading scoring forward? One Lars Eller (4g 5a 9pts 10g), the return for Halak. Poetry.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whatever happens tomorrow, this post season along with the regular season has solidified itself as a turning point for the team. Subban has proven he's a superstar, Price has finally reached his potential to show he's one of the top goalies in the league, and our best players are just getting started and finding places on the team. The good times for the Canadiens are just beginning.

Solo

Vanek is a boss...

I can't remember a more hot/cold player than him.

He reminds me a lot of Kovalev when he was here, although I'd say Vanek isn't quite as lazy and isn't quite as good as Kovalev was in Montreal 2004-2008.

Otherwise, 2 guys who can be exhilarating to watch when they're on and can take over games, but can also go on to float around for large, infuriating stretches. Yet somehow they can both still rack up points when playing poorly. Talent prevails, I guess.

Red_Man

Vanek is a boss...

I can't remember a more hot/cold player than him.
The nature of his play makes it appear like he's doing nothing if he's not scoring. It's the same kind of criticism Kessel gets, which is just stupid. I'd love to see what he could do with A.Gally as his center in a couple of years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This stat seems almost impossible to me. Rick Nash only had 11 hits in 65 games in the regular season this year. He has 9 hits in the last 3 games of this series against the Penguins.

It's the first number that's really jarring. The dude is huge. He should be a wrecking machine. And I would bet that close to half of that number probably came in that beast mode game in Columbus.

Fucking Nash.

Red_Man

I realized that in the off chance both the Rangers & Habs moved onto the conference finals, Habs would have home ice advantage, so hopefully the Rangers pull through.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I realized that in the off chance both the Rangers & Habs moved onto the conference finals, Habs would have home ice advantage, so hopefully the Rangers pull through.

Everybody has home ice advantage on the Rangers, even the Wild. Fortunately the only team left in the league that is technically better on the road than us is Anaheim.

Animal

Banned
Whatever happens tomorrow, this post season along with the regular season has solidified itself as a turning point for the team. Subban has proven he's a superstar, Price has finally reached his potential to show he's one of the top goalies in the league, and our best players are just getting started and finding places on the team. The good times for the Canadiens are just beginning.

Truth.

Also after a lot of thought and deliberation, I have decided that if Habs win tomorrow night, Denver will get a Habs jersey as SCHUEYF1 suggested.

Animal

Banned
Truth.

Also after a lot of thought and deliberation, I have decided that if Habs win tomorrow night, Denver will get a Habs jersey as SCHUEYF1 suggested.

EDIT: That might be a little too difficult for my photoshop skills so I might have to settle for a collar or hat. :/

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Everything went right for the Habs last game, a lot of favourable bounces, but aside from that one 3 minute sequence they played some of the best hockey I've ever seen them play. I hope they come out with the same fire and intensity next game.

Red_Man

Kinect-less XB1 just announced. Was a matter of time!
This is great news as I was planning on buying one in the next month or two for NHL 15.

Everything went right for the Habs last game, a lot of favourable bounces, but aside from that one 3 minute sequence they played some of the best hockey I've ever seen them play. I hope they come out with the same fire and intensity next game.
Pretty excited to see how Subban responds, same with Price. This is their moment.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is great news as I was planning on buying one in the next month or two for NHL 15.

Pretty excited to see how Subban responds, same with Price. This is their moment.

Subban wasn't that great either, so if our forwards can match their play, and Subban plays up to his usual level it should be a great game.

I'm still not sure whether I want a PS4 or Xbone. Always hated Sony's controllers, but I know if I had an Xbone I'd always be receiving the worst version of games.

Top Bottom