• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

UberTag

With the Wild's loss tonight, MacAttack's perfect playoff bracket has been spoiled.
Stasis and myself have caught up to him at the top of the GAF playoff leaderboard but this could be a fleeting victory for me if the Bruins don't pull out Game 7 tomorrow night.

Clydefrog

I'm very nervous about the game. Could go either way. I have dinner plans for Friday though, so if it's cool can the Kings lose game 6? It'd be very convenient.

FPzG0Tm.gif

No, no... I stay.

tumblr_lmuj36vsJ61qanzkg.gif

(I realize the *sweeping motion* her brush is making. please ignore)

:)

Big-E

Love the fact that Crosby is out and I can rest in peace now. Love how we have another playoff where "best player in the world" is not the best player on his team. Mario is probably going to have to console him tonight so that Sid can get some sleep.

Velcro Fly

Well to be fair he had a few years where he wasn't repugnant. But now he's back to being his old self. Glad he isn't with Pittsburgh anymore.

Anyone who calls that Minnesota elimination a "choke" is foolhardy. Wild did great and are gonna kick butt for a looong time.

Late request. Fuck yo MS Paint.

iOx7euqcHap64.jpg

Awesome. 5 stars. Yoink for avatar.

Hahaha I love the way it flips around. Those need to come back

I just had the same reaction as when I first saw it last year: endless giggles. The spasm makes it even more glorious. I welcome it's return.

Vman

Fair to who? Dude had plenty of time to back the fuck off and he didn't.

No the play happened in a split second, not a slowed gif. Oduya turned at the last second which was foolish. If you have played at a high level then you know it's something that's gonna happen. It was a 2 min penalty nothing more nothing less. But it's Cooke so people are flipping out even though nothing will come of it.

Velcro Fly

That looked worse than the hit on McQuaid last year that got him 5 minutes. Although McQuaid sold it well. Oduya really went into the boards awkwardly.

Also Cooke's track record makes it ok for everyone to scrutinize what a huge asshole he is

Cooke is a POS, has he cleaned up his act? Honestly, yes, but going from a serial killer to a rapist child molester doesn't mean you're not a POS anymore, it just means you're a slightly less awful human being, just like Cooke cleaned up his act from practically killing people on a nightly basis, come dangerously close to ending a number of respected players careers, to taking out guys knees, or boarding like on Oduya.

Never change, HF.

Never. Fucking. Change.

Velcro Fly

His back is to Cooke the entire time of that .gif which is a few seconds. He's lining him up the entire time. It's not like Oduya turned at the last second and got flattened either.

Montresor

Minnesota. =(

Barf. So a recent Cup winner from the West is guaranteed to make it to the finals. Hopefully it's Montreal vs Rangers in the ECF, so we can get new blood in the finals (preferably Rangers in the finals, lol).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Seventh consecutive season with a Game 7 for the Bruins, which is a league record. Being a fan of this team is going to take years off my life.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seventh consecutive season with a Game 7 for the Bruins, which is a league record. Being a fan of this team is going to take years off my life.
Not sure I'm ready for this. 2011 was difficult enough with a game 7, but this one is different.

zroid

Banned
Missed the OT goal last night (fell asleep...)

Of course it had to be Kane

Habs/Bruins vs. Rangers

Hawks vs Ducks/King

3 of the final 4 are O6

#dealwithit

Incidentally, that's the maximum possible number of O6 teams in the final four under the current system

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Not sure I'm ready for this. 2011 was difficult enough with a game 7, but this one is different.
For you guys, yeah, it's different for sure; higher stakes in a sense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the most ridiculous stats I've seen yet:

Hawks Game Winning Goals 2014
Blues
Toews-Game 3
Kane-Game 4
Toews-Game 5
Toews-Game 6
wild
Kane-Game 1
Saad-Game 2
Toews-Game 5
Kane-Game6

For you guys, yeah, it's different for sure; higher stakes in a sense.
We're not expected to win, but the team is definitely in a different place and has been through a lot this season. A win would be massive in more ways than just moving on.

Top Bottom