• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Solo

You are misunderstanding what I mean.

When I say 'Original Six Gauntlet', I'm referencing the Bruins running the table with the Red Wings-Canadiens-Rangers-Blackhawks to win the Cup.
The Habs can't satisfy this scenario by winning because they beat the Lightning in Round 1.

But Stamkos always wanted to play for the Leafs, so Tampa is basically Toronto South. It works for me!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I love Boomer, but that sports radio show has illuminated his stupidity.

Honestly, I was going to say something about Torts' impact on the team too. Last night was clearly a Torts-style win. I don't know if it's muscle memory or what, but they've shown a few times now that they can still successfully play that way when they need to.

That said, we never get to that game if Tortorella is still the coach. He would have blown up on the team, Kreider would have been benched for penalties, Nash probably would have been scratched around game 4 or 5, and the whole 4th line would have averaged around 3-4 minutes a night. And that's not even considering the media circus that would have come after Game 4.

And the power play would have been even worse.

Speaking of, how boggling is it that the series came down to the Rangers' power play being SUPERIOR to the Penguins? 3-of-25 vs. 1-of-20. And the series winner was a PPG. Hockey is truly a strange game.

5_14gqd85.png

Good job Rangers. I have to go back to wanting you guys to lose now, but well done.

aacf6.gif

Honestly, I was going to say something about Torts' impact on the team too. Last night was clearly a Torts-style win. I don't know if it's muscle memory or what, but they've shown a few times now that they can still successfully play that way when they need to.

That said, we never get to that game if Tortorella is still the coach. He would have blown up on the team, Kreider would have been benched for penalties, Nash probably would have been scratched around game 4 or 5, and the whole 4th line would have averaged around 3-4 minutes a night. And that's not even considering the media circus that would have come after Game 4.

Speaking of, how boggling is it that the series came down to the Rangers' power play being SUPERIOR to the Penguins? 3-of-25 vs. 1-of-20. And the series winner was a PPG. Hockey is truly a strange game.

5_14gqd85.png

aacf6.gif

What? You mean the Yankees, Mets or Nets aren't on the front page?

Sanjuro

Sure. That is different than saying they won because of him.

Also, I'm taking Fox's quote for what it's worth. I would need to hear more of the context, but Boomer has been delving into that radio jock mentality, and for better or worse it's working for him.

Fox318

Sure. That is different than saying they won because of him.

Also, I'm taking Fox's quote for what it's worth. I would need to hear more of the context, but Boomer has been delving into that radio jock mentality, and for better or worse it's working for him.

He was always in love with Torts but the Rangers would have never made it past the Flyers with Torts as coach.

[playing catch up]

He went on to bring up trivia from the movies, like the fact that Bob Miller called the game in D2, and that Luc had a cameo. Seems to know a lot more about those movies than I do tbh.

Oh shit, I thought only Kariya, Neeley, Chelios and Modano made appearances. Had no idea about Luc.

Also I had no idea that there was a Ducks-themed building at the Disney World Resort. When I stayed there we were in a music themed one. Which is just as dope.

xrvRURl.jpg

I enjoyed that show. They had a weird schedule where the next year one new show was tacked to the end and the first show was done.

You know what I liked? GARGOYLES

I got a copy of Gargoyles and Batman: The Animated Series back in 2010 and still ocassionally stick an episode of each one. Gargoyles definitely holds up.

Can't wait to see him and Connor Brown play together. Keep the roster intact, Shanny!

I missed it originally, but, welcome to the bandwagon!

Dammit captain! We can't do it without you!

ahVXYf4.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs sold out the Bell Center for game 7. Game 7 is being played in Boston. Where are those Pens fans chirping me when I said the Habs had a more passionate fan base than Pittsburgh?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I really really fucking hope that we can close out this series tonight. If it comes back home for game 7 that would really suck, since I will be at that game. It is way too much of a gamble. There is no better place to be than the Pond during a win against the Kings. At the same time, there is no worse place in the world to be than the Pond during a loss to the Kings.

I can't imagine the alternate heaven or hell on earth that it will be in a game 7 situation.

ShaneB

Minnesota. =(

Barf. So a recent Cup winner from the West is guaranteed to make it to the finals. Hopefully it's Montreal vs Rangers in the ECF, so we can get new blood in the finals (preferably Rangers in the finals, lol).

Well, I'm still hoping for a Ducks win to switch up the WCF from last year, and I'm thankful the Rangers won to spice up the ECF. To almost have the exact same Conference final matchups as last year is a complete bore. Yes we all praise the NHL for having some sense of parity, but not exactly showcasing that when the same 4 teams almost make it back there. And it's still entirely possible for a Bruins/Kings final, which I would hate.

Excited for Game 7 tonight, this work day feels like a crawl.

Ricker

I'm getting nervous for the Habs game tonight and its only 11 A.M. lol...

The Bell Center is sold out for the game on the big Screen tonight...

UberTag

The most heralded rivalry in all of professional sports.
Game 7 for all the marbles and a date with the Rangers in the next round.

This is about as good as it gets until the Super Bowl. Enjoy it everyone.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The most heralded rivalry in all of professional sports.
Game 7 for all the marbles and a date with the Rangers in the next round.

This is about as good as it gets until the Super Bowl. Enjoy it everyone.

Yep! Tonight the game is at 7ET right?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It really sucks that A.Gally is missing out on all of this. First game 7 for : Gallagher, Bourque, Weise, Beaulieu, Bournival, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Emelin as per twitter.

Giggzy

I really really fucking hope that we can close out this series tonight. If it comes back home for game 7 that would really suck, since I will be at that game. It is way too much of a gamble. There is no better place to be than the Pond during a win against the Kings. At the same time, there is no worse place in the world to be than the Pond during a loss to the Kings.

I can't imagine the alternate heaven or hell on earth that it will be in a game 7 situation.

I hope we close it out tonight too. I don't want that gamble and Chicago will also have more rest if we can't win tonight. They better not come out flat like game 6 against Dallas. I can't see a miraculous comeback like that happening against quick.

Solo

Thanks Soc, that's what I'm here for!

Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals is Saturday at 1:00 pm at Montreal/Boston.

lololololol

I'm at a bachelor party that day and Ill already be drunk by 1. If its Bruins/Rags, 0 fucks will be given and I'll skip it. If it's Habs/Rags, I'll have to try to sneak away and sober up a bit and watch it.

Sanjuro

I'm at a bachelor party that day and Ill already be drunk by 1. If its Bruins/Rags, 0 fucks will be given and I'll skip it. If it's Habs/Rags, I'll have to try to sneak away and sober up a bit and watch it.

You could be that douchebag in all the commercials watching sports games in places from your phone where it isn't practical or considered human.

Solo

You could be that douchebag in all the commercials watching sports games in places from your phone where it isn't practical or considered human.

Probably be nose deep in some nasty stripper's box. And watching the game at the same time. Oh yeah.

Top Bottom