• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MacAttack

Also I had no idea that there was a Ducks-themed building at the Disney World Resort. When I stayed there we were in a music themed one. Which is just as dope.

xrvRURl.jpg1

Im staying at that resort this summer with the fam. Trying to come up the best way to desecrate the Duck's mask without getting kicked of the property.

TrueGrime

Torn for tonight. I definitely want the Habs to win over the douchebag Bruins, but I also would love to see Iggy get a shot at that cup. So torn.

Solo

Throwing ...coins?!?

I'm Canadian, homie! We don't have paper ones, and I've yet to meet a stripper outside of the Spearmint Rhino in LV worth throwing a $5 or more at.

So yes, she'll take my flicking loonies and toonies at her petri dish and she'll like it, goddamnit!

Clydefrog

I'm Canadian, homie! We don't have paper ones, and I've yet to meet a stripper outside of the Spearmint Rhino in LV worth throwing a $5 or more at.

So yes, she'll take my flicking loonies and toonies at her petri dish and she'll like it, goddamnit!

LOL

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

-slowclap-

Smiley90

Gonna be watching the first game at work most likely... Thank god I can just put a stream on and nobody bats an eye.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does Montreal riot tonight win or lose?
They rioted in 2008 when the Habs won, but not in 2009 or 2011 when the Bruins did. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I feel like it's more of a "party riot" city than a "bummer riot" one. It's sad and idiotic no matter what, of course.

And, you know, filling the Bell Centre with 20,000+ Habs fans ready to respond in SOME fashion upon spilling out into the streets after the game couldn't possibly have any repercussions. Nope, definitely not.

Heretic

I really really fucking hope that we can close out this series tonight. If it comes back home for game 7 that would really suck, since I will be at that game. It is way too much of a gamble. There is no better place to be than the Pond during a win against the Kings. At the same time, there is no worse place in the world to be than the Pond during a loss to the Kings.

I can't imagine the alternate heaven or hell on earth that it will be in a game 7 situation.

I don't even want to think about it...

brb gonna vomit.

They rioted in 2008 when the Habs won, but not in 2009 or 2011 when the Bruins did. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I feel like it's more of a "party riot" city than a "bummer riot" one. It's sad and idiotic no matter what, of course.

And, you know, filling the Bell Centre with 20,000+ Habs fans ready to respond in SOME fashion upon spilling out into the streets after the game couldn't possibly have any repercussions. Nope, definitely not.

In Vancouver in 2011, the mayor thought it would be a good idea to put giant viewing screens downtown. So 100,000 people, long lines at the liquor stores (even though they closed early), a sunny day, and a game that started at 4 instead of 7 was the perfect recipe for a riot.

Hope it doesn't happen in Montreal tonight, but it doesn't look good.

Fox318

[playing catch up]

Oh shit, I thought only Kariya, Neeley, Chelios and Modano made appearances. Had no idea about Luc.

Also I had no idea that there was a Ducks-themed building at the Disney World Resort. When I stayed there we were in a music themed one. Which is just as dope.

xrvRURl.jpg

I got a copy of Gargoyles and Batman: The Animated Series back in 2010 and still ocassionally stick an episode of each one. Gargoyles definitely holds up.

I missed it originally, but, welcome to the bandwagon!

ahVXYf4.jpg

Sharks themed pool would just have victims of choking floating in the water.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
In Vancouver in 2011, the mayor thought it would be a good idea to put giant viewing screens downtown. So 100,000 people, long lines at the liquor stores (even though they closed early), a sunny day, and a game that started at 4 instead of 7 was the perfect recipe for a riot.
Oh, I remember alright, like it was yesterday.

I guess this is no different than if Montreal was HOSTING the deciding game, but it just might not be the best idea. I hope the proceeds are going to charity.

vatstep

Is he on Boston radio? I know he drove down with the guy that found Carey's dogs, he's fucking crazy but can be funny. He's been going off all week in Montreal.
Some of the Boston radio guys regularly play clips from his show. He is quite amusing.

Razorskin

----- ------
Oh, I remember alright, like it was yesterday.

I guess this is no different than if Montreal was HOSTING the deciding game, but it just might not be the best idea. I hope the proceeds are going to charity.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...ing+party+Bell+Centre+sold/9837575/story.html
The game will be broadcast on large screens and tickets were an affordable $10, with a portion of proceeds donated to the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation.

Smiley90

Hope it doesn't happen in Montreal tonight, but it doesn't look good.

Hey now, the giant viewing screens were awesome.

People bringing bricks to it and not getting checked, not so much.

Also I like to think the united cleanup efforts of thousands of volunteers the few days afterwards are more representative of our city than those idiotic instigators

Sanjuro

Hah. He keeps getting pissed at callers not asking how he is doing to start the call.

Hi, Tony. I have a quick question for you.

I'm doing fine, thanks.

Hey, Tony. First off...

I'm doing great! Thank you for asking.

TrueGrime

You know what I always thought was awkward? Winning championships in an away building. When your whole team is screaming with joy and the crowd is either booing or stunned.

Sanjuro

HOOOOLY SHIT

My buddy John found the dogs.
The Canadiens are a team of destiny.
Carey Price and PK Subban are the best players in this series, and they are going to make the difference.

WHY?

BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

This is amazing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Supposedly the word is that there are no back-to-backs in the ECF schedule.

Rest AND a normal schedule? Gary is being suspiciously kind to us.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Supposedly the word is that there are no back-to-backs in the ECF schedule.

Rest AND a normal schedule? Gary is being suspiciously kind to us.

Nobody has noticed the back-to-backs because they've missed that the same date is listed twice a couple of times. Two double headers.

Top Bottom