• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Calamari41

41 > 38
this

AND we lose game 7 fulfilling the Tabrisox guarantee...

My theory: Tabris guaranteed that we win the Cup itself, which means that we must be close enough to it to feel the maximum amount of pain from losing it. Thus, we will lose on an own-goal scored by Teemu during a penalty shot in the third OT of Game 7 of the Finals.

My point is that we will beat the Kings.

cube444

Hey Alu, chin up little buddy. My "source" says that Evander Kane will be a Pen and riding on Sid's wing next season.

Remember, you heard it here first.

UberTag

I can't focus on anything else right now
I haven't been this relaxed before a Game 7 since we took out the Canucks in 2011.

The other two Game 7s that year (Montreal, Tampa Bay)...
That stupid 1-goal decision series against Washington in 2012...
That infamous Game 7 last season against Toronto...

I was anxious as fuck for those.

This one I'm all chill and laidback for. Just as I was before the Vancouver game.

Ironically enough, all of those games I was anxious for ended in 1-goal deficits. Three of them in overtime.

Mentok

Banned
Oh really? He's a real clown, he had a priest come in to bless some Habs jerseys, and called the Boston zoo about bears and if they can dive or cheap shot :lol

Not gonna lie, that's pretty funny.

The second I got home I threw off the work clothes and threw on the Subban jersey. I just can't handle the wait right now. If the Habs win tonight, I'll lose my mind.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not gonna lie, that's pretty funny.

The second I got home I threw off the work clothes and threw on the Subban jersey. I just can't handle the wait right now. If the Habs win tonight, I'll lose my mind.
Habs are undefeated in the playoffs when I wear my A.Gally jersey, so i'll be going with that, and have enough alcohol on me to survive a loss or celebrate a victory.

UberTag

During my lifetime (since 1976), Montreal and Boston have faced each other 6 times in playoff Game 7s.
They've each won 3.
Five of those Game 7s were won by the home team.

The only instance when that did not happen was in the first round of the 2004 playoffs - 10 long years ago - Montreal beat Boston by a score of 2-0.
I remember that series vividly as I actually attended Game 2 of that series in person.
Boston won in overtime thanks to a Patrice Bergeron goal to give the Bruins a 2-0 series lead (that they would eventually choke away).

And because we're sharing jersey stories, I'm wearing my Bergeron jersey tonight.
The same jersey I wore in last year's Game 7 vs. Toronto when Bergeron scored the improbable game-tying & game-winning goals.

Clydefrog

I cannot believe the Ducks are actually going to win tonight :(

Losing to a Boudreau-coached team sucks.
Losing to the Ducks for the first time ever in the playoffs sucks.
Having to hear it from people I know (and you miserable Ducks fans on GAF) sucks.
Also, that stupid “tabris guarantee” or whatever. I hate Peyton Manning because of this guy.

As long as they don’t win the cup… Give it to the East for old-times sakes. Allez Montreal or whatever the French say.

*jumps off a cliff*

theosi

got in the car and the second I turned the radio on it was Chris Nilan on Julien "put ah diapah on him and a nipple in his mouth"

i died.

Giggzy

Having to hear it from people I know (and you miserable Ducks fans on GAF) sucks.
Also, that stupid “tabris guarantee” or whatever. I hate Peyton Manning because of this guy.

As long as they don’t win the cup… Give it to the East for old-times sakes. Allez Montreal or whatever the French say.

*jumps off a cliff*

Get your reverse jinx out of here

Red_Man

got in the car and the second I turned the radio on it was Chris Nilan on Julien "put ah diapah on him and a nipple in his mouth"

i died.
He went on a huge Bruins rant the other day, it was hilarious and glorious.

*jumps off a cliff*

lol

Mentok

Banned
Habs are undefeated in the playoffs when I wear my A.Gally jersey, so i'll be going with that, and have enough alcohol on me to survive a loss or celebrate a victory.
Honestly, considering how much was expected of them this season, a win tonight is a bonus. I remember at the beginning of the season telling my buddies "I hope we just win the first round of the playoffs, then who knows what'll happen"

Clydefrog

Get your reverse jinx out of here

KingFaceEDMOilers.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
3-1 Habs win

Subban scores the 2-1 go-ahead goal with a softie on Rask.

I'll call Sanjuro to talk him down from a ledge.

Fun times.

Red_Man

If Subban scores, the crew from CSI will have to come clean up my tv room in hazmat suits.

Calamari41

41 > 38

*jumps off a cliff*

Nope, that's not how this works.

Red_Man

I've met quite a few Americans that seem so bewildered by the concept of a poutine. You'd think it would be something they embrace with open arms.

Habs fan dressed as Ginette Reno :lol :lol :lol

BnoOzDaIUAA8K_F.jpg

Top Bottom