• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I don't care who starts as long as it isn't Smith. Price is a stellar goalie who has deserved better teams in front of him in Mtl.

I just hate when people rip on Luongo. The guy will be a top 5 goalie when he retires. Calling him a choker while not holding the Canucks offense accountable for their Cup run is ridiculous. Or Niedermeyer not getting the blame for the turnover that led to the US tying the Gold Medal game.

Hockey is not black and white.

You haven't been to the NHL thread.

Blader

Personally I don't care who starts as long as it isn't Smith. Price is a stellar goalie who has deserved better teams in front of him in Mtl.

I just hate when people rip on Luongo. The guy will be a top 5 goalie when he retires. Calling him a choker while not holding the Canucks offense accountable for their Cup run is ridiculous. Or Niedermeyer not getting the blame for the turnover that led to the US tying the Gold Medal game.

Hockey is not black and white.

I'm not exactly going to rush to Luongo's defense, but...in his defense, that whole team fell to shit in the Boston games during that Cup final.

Silexx

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah pretty much. Vancouver wasn't scoring no matter what, Thomas was unbeatable that series.

Thomas created impossible expectations for a lot of Boston fans going forward then. Rask will never be able to live up to that.

Price was better than Thomas in round one

Parch

Datsyuk just sluffed him off. "I don't remember". Yeah, suuuure you don't.

Ovechkin is foaming at the mouth. The Russians are dying for a rematch and redemption. Datsyuk is basically saying, piss off Canadian. We'll settle this on the ice.

zroid

Banned
I like Friedman and I know that, as a CBC reporter, he's doing this with a Canadian perspective, but those questions where basically "Hey man, remember all those times Canada kicked your asses? We Canadians sure are awesome, eh? You think you're going to be inspired by our awesomeness?"

Yeah the questions were so inane. Datsyuk's responses were perfection.

I think the comparison is apt as they both have had some of the biggest playoff shitting the bed experiences. Cechmanek when he came to the NHL put up some godly numbers only to be chased out of the league due to his playoff play and Luongo should have been chased out of Vancouver after some of his performances.

Whoa whoa whoa. Cechmanek was absolutely brutal. I have never seen a goalie make such bad decisions before in my life. You have to be trolling if you're comparing Luongo to fucking Cechmanek

“They came like gorillas coming out of a cage,” said Russian goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, perfectly and colourfully summing up the onslaught.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CBC dropped the ball by not having a camera following Cherry 24/7 in Sochi.

I was hoping one of the NHL Revealed guys would just say "fuck it" and follow Cherry instead. It'd be so much better than following the players.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Put Mike Smith in for the shootout, because Luongo is probably worse at them than Price :lol

Also gold at the olympics > gold at WJC's. And the WJC's have stacked Canada teams too.

Why can't we all just agree that whoever plays better in their first game gets the spot, why all this warmongering...
So Smith can do his bullshit breakdancing moves on international ice? Now that is Hurt a Whirlin'

Quick

Banned
Watching the Germany/Sweden women's game.

Those jerseys look really small. They don't look like they're wearing padding. Also, Sweden's jersey is pretty cool with the vinyl boat design.

Big-E

Whoa whoa whoa. Cechmanek was absolutely brutal. I have never seen a goalie make such bad decisions before in my life. You have to be trolling if you're comparing Luongo to fucking Cechmanek

People forget that Cechmanek had a couple of good regular seasons and the playoff series that got him run out of the NHL practically, had him also put in some shutouts. Luongo I feel has shat the bed hard in the playoffs and the best comparison comes with Cechmanek.

EDIT: To add to the comparison slightly, Cechmanek has an Olympic gold medal too.

This is going to be the year of Suter

Leads Team USA to Gold(with Parise), comes back and puts up .8PPG numbers for the rest of the year leading his team to the Stanley Cup and then he wins a Norris

Suuuuuuterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

People forget that Cechmanek had a couple of good regular seasons and the playoff series that got him run out of the NHL practically, had him also put in some shutouts. Luongo I feel has shat the bed hard in the playoffs and the best comparison comes with Cechmanek.

EDIT: To add to the comparison slightly, Cechmanek has an Olympic gold medal too.

I remember Cechmanek very well since he was the main reason Ottawa won all those series' against Philly. A better comparison for Cechmanek would be Lalime. And Cechmanek didn't have anything to do with that gold, that was all Hasek.

Cechmanek was a head case, not exactly what I'd describe Luongo as.

Revenant

Luongo definitely has a top 5 twitter account among goaltenders, that's for sure.

https://twitter.com/strombone1

EDIT:

Luongo's twitter is definitely top 5 all time in sports.

fPtUo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom