• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
It was 4 years ago, Price has been undeniably better this year, and particularly in recent weeks.

I love how getting to the finals with a back to back Presidents Trophy team is some huge medal of honor for surviving pressure but getting pulled twice in the finals when it really matters isn't a detractor in anyway. Price has survived playing one of the most difficult positions in all of sports in the the most pressured hockey environment in the world. Habs have never lost a playoff round because of Price, he has never played behind a team nearly as good as the 2010-2012 Canucks.
Such a stupid argument. Sorry, dude. You keep repeating the fact that the Canucks have been great, but you ignore that a) Luongo was a big reason why, and b) They've, for years, been a team that took risks defensively to produce offense. He always had to work for his saves and his shutouts and was never sheltered.

Socreges

Banned
Guess I should get to sleep so I can wake up for the Sweden/Czech game. Off work till Tuesday. So good.

On SN1 for anyone unaware.

TheCloser

Banned
Sorry but Luongo sucks. He's been playing so bad. I remember one time when someone tried to tell me that Luongo was better than Kiprusoff, boy I laughed so much I nearly died. Luongo is not a game breaker. He can't steal you a game and his goaltending is poor. The only thing he has working for him is that he is big. He isn't flexible and his lateral movement is poor. He's not even the best Canadian goalie in the nhl. We all call Marc Andre Fluery a choker but at least he has won a Stanley Cup. Luongo hasn't, in fact right now Ben Scrivens is playing better than him. Reto Berra of the Calgary flames is playing better than him. Ilya Bryzgalov is playing better than him. Price should be the starter and Smith should be the back up. I don't trust Luongo at all. I apologize if this may offend any of you but this is just my opinion.

Sorry but Luongo sucks. He's been playing so bad. I remember one time when someone tried to tell me that Luongo was better than Kiprusoff, boy I laughed so much I nearly died. Luongo is not a game breaker. He can't steal you a game and his goaltending is poor. The only thing he has working for him is that he is big. He isn't flexible and his lateral movement is poor. He's not even the best Canadian goalie in the nhl. We all call Marc Andre Fluery a choker but at least he has won a Stanley Cup. Luongo hasn't, in fact right now Ben Scrivens is playing better than him. Reto Berra of the Calgary flames is playing better than him. Ilya Bryzgalov is playing better than him. Price should be the starter and Smith should be the back up. I don't trust Luongo at all. I apologize if this may offend any of you but this is just my opinion.

You should become an NHL GAF regular. You'll make all the friends.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

2FVhY7U.gif

Acid08

Banned
Hoooooooooooooooooooooo boy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Norway is 9th and Austria 15th for what that's worth, which isn't much. Also interesting to see the team practicing the 5 on 3 with only 1 D-man and a forward at the point on both units.

I'm all for shitting on the Canucks and Lolongo as a Hawks fan, but LOOOOOOOL.

holy shit.

Comparing him to Marino is fucking ludicrous. Marino brought the stats. Luongo brings nothing like that. Luongo has never had a sub 2.00 GAA while Cechmanek has. Luongo is the Phillip Rivers of the NHL.

Checkmanek has the same number of sub 2.00 GAA seasons as Patrick Roy.

GAA isnt the perfect way to determine a goalies skill.

Also, the salt in this thread already is amazing.

RC

Banned
so this is where we hang out these days

We're out of the basement, time to put our best foot forward.

Fuck the Americans, Fuck the Russians, Fuck the Swedes, Fuck the Fins, and fuck anyone else who isn't Team Canada. And to all the Lu haters talking shit, fuck you too.

I don't want Lu anywhere near the Team Canada crease, Price all the way.

You're wrong, Dastardly. It's Price's to win. Bringing home the golden bacon!

There are a lot of Price fans where I live in British Columbia.The guy was born near here and used to play in the local hockey team in my hometown. Pretty awesome that he will be playing in the first game at the Olympics.

zroid

Banned
The women are penalized for body cheacking. Really? So boring?

The commentators said the refs tend to be waaay less strict about the rule in US/CAN matchups. But yeah in other matchups it would be... bad, lol. Imagine body checking a Japanese player.

edit: Labonte is too based

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I just realized how stupid the time difference is between North America and Pyeongchang for 2018. If the NHL goes to the next Olympics, watching games is really going to suck.

Hunter S.

I just realized how stupid the time difference is between North America and Pyeongchang for 2018. If the NHL goes to the next Olympics, watching games is really going to suck.
Nah, for me the Solchi Olympics are the worst times possible.

By the way, USA Women's hockey team is beating the Canadian women!

zroid

Banned
Yeah Sochi is basically the worst. My time, the events start at midnight and end around 3 pm, so unless I destroy my sleep schedule (which I have been doing), I'm only gonna see the first two hours or so of coverage (in which basically nothing gets resolved), and then miss 7 hours while sleeping. If I had school/work, which I don't right now, but I probably will in 2018, I'll then miss the entire rest of the day too.

If Pyeongchang follows the same local schedule as Sochi, the events will begin at 7 pm and end at 10 am, so at the very least I'll get to see the first 7 hours of coverage (about half).

edit: GOOOOOOOOAL

that was beautiful one timer

Samyy

To finnish media he has said that he would like to go back to NHL for next season.

Thats good to hear, I hope the Leafs smarten up and sign him because he was awesome.

Third line of:

Komarov-Bolland-Clarkson

Boom.
That is if we resign Bolland, which I kind of hope we don't considering he'll get overpaid as well....

Spl1nter

Thats good to hear, I hope the Leafs smarten up and sign him because he was awesome.

Third line of:

Komarov-Bolland-Clarkson

Boom.
That is if we resign Bolland, which I kind of hope we don't considering he'll get overpaid as well....

I dont think we will resign him unless its for his current salary. We got Holland now.

Finally some hockey today.

Third line of:

Komarov-Bolland-Clarkson

Boom.

Yeah he especially said that he had great time in Toronto and hopes that he could go back there. This one year trip back to Russia was basically because he wanted bigger role to have bigger chance to get to the olympics. Of course it didn't hurt that in Russia he gets something like 2 million bucks without taxes to the hand. Also his gf greatly prefers Toronto to Moscow lol.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah Sochi is basically the worst. My time, the events start at midnight and end around 3 pm, so unless I destroy my sleep schedule (which I have been doing), I'm only gonna see the first two hours or so of coverage (in which basically nothing gets resolved), and then miss 7 hours while sleeping. If I had school/work, which I don't right now, but I probably will in 2018, I'll then miss the entire rest of the day too.

If Pyeongchang follows the same local schedule as Sochi, the events will begin at 7 pm and end at 10 am, so at the very least I'll get to see the first 7 hours of coverage (about half).

edit: GOOOOOOOOAL

that was beautiful one timer

The thing is... what are the chances hockey played early enough for it to be at a reasonable time for us :p

There's a 14 hour difference between the east coast of NA and Pyeongchang.

I mean if the games started in the morning up till noon Pyeongchang time, then it would be fine. If they have the games at night then the games will end up airing in the morning for us(like the current women's hockey match) which sucks for people who work(like me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom